Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I don't see a problem with what John said either.

No, not everyone you know would want their daughter to have a plan. You know me, and I would not care whether my daughter (and I DO have a daughter!) had a plan or not.

I don't mind John being sensible. I don't have a problem with it. But not everyone values sensibility. I don't value it.

I would not advocate Bay marrying Emmett to get accommodations, unless they are in love that deeply. If they are, then why not?

Bay & Emmett have been back together since fall. It is now summer. They have known each other and been friends for three years now. They are both adults. They can do what they want.

Heck, there are people on this earth who have gotten married without ever even meeting each other first, and they have had lifelong love affairs.

Bay & Emmett have just as good of a chance as anyone else who gets married. What they lack in statistics (because statistics would be against them), they more than make up for in love.

Bay should follow her intuition. She is an adult, and it is her life to live.

Perhaps her intuition will tell her to do just what you think she should do.

But if her intuition does NOT tell her that, then I hope she listens to it over anyone else.

Sure, stories can be told without two young adults marrying.

But Switched at Birth has always, at its heart, been a story about finding one's identity.

For many people, needing to maintain their own identity in committed relationships is one of life's experiences. It would be enjoyable for me to see that played out on Switched at Birth.

We have already seen what happens when a character, Kathryn, has not been as successful at it as she hoped. I would like to see how it all begins, through Bay.

But I could enjoy watching other scenarios play out, as well.

Are you saying that you would judge Bay for eloping with Emmett? I would not.

How would Bay and Emmett eloping show disregard for their parents? They are two adults. They have a right to choose their own destiny.

Have you read my response to you on the "Girl on a Cliff" thread? I'm curious what you think.
I would absolutely judge Bay for eloping with Emmett. Her parents were devastated at not seeing their son elope, so yes it would show a disregard for them as she knows that her parents would want to be there on her big day. And yes, I do think, as Katie and Vanessa also think, that Bay and Emmett have not been back together long enough. You say their love is so deep, but it was before and it still went wrong. There is nothing, just like real life, guaranteeing them forever and when you broke up with someone last time after 6 months, most people would not marry said same person after that time. They would wait, enjoy the relationship, enjoy college and then consider marriage.

And when your brother eloped last year and his marriage failed, you'd have it at the back of your mind.

Anyway it is a mute point as I'd be surprised if they went this route. And personally I see it as out of character for Bay.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

This article puts a different spin on the Bay & Emmett sneak peek (clip is the same as what we have seen).

I disagree with the writer. I don't see Emmett as freaking out over their future together.

Here's the article:

[WATCH]: ‘Switched At Birth': Bay & Emmett Discuss Their Future — Summer Finale - Hollywood Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan1980 (View Post)
I would absolutely judge Bay for eloping with Emmett. Her parents were devastated at not seeing their son elope, so yes it would show a disregard for them as she knows that her parents would want to be there on her big day.
If my daughter ever chose a big wedding to please me, over doing what was right for her, I would feel as though I had absolutely failed as a parent.

Quote:
And yes, I do think, as Katie and Vanessa also think, that Bay and Emmett have not been back together long enough. You say their love is so deep, but it was before and it still went wrong. There is nothing, just like real life, guaranteeing them forever and when you broke up with someone last time after 6 months, most people would not marry said same person after that time. They would wait, enjoy the relationship, enjoy college and then consider marriage.
There are not guarantees in life no matter what one does. And Bay & Emmett are not most people. Your words here pushed me back into thinking that they just might elope tonight.

We will find out in a couple of hours!

Whatever the big twist turns out to be, I'm excited about the finale.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Addicted Fan

I was hanging on hoping for something good to come out of this and this season finale just made it all the more clear, I'm done. One measly scene of Bay and Emmett and then we get Bay taking the rap for crimes she did not commit. I get wanting to save someone but I sure as hell wouldn't take responsibility for crimes that I did not commit.. Bay is stupid for doing that and Daphne is even more stupid for letting her. Daphne has been ruined for me...I am SO sick of this show...... So I'm out.

I'm REALLY fed up with Bay, you cannot save everyone Bay. She has a partner she should of been loyal to, Emmett said he wouldn't go to that school without her....That's not being a 50/50 relationship and I hope Bay pays the price for making a decision that effects Emmett as well..

Last edited by americanamuchacha020; 08-18-2014 at 07:10 PM
Old 08-18-2014, 09:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
I was hanging on hoping for something good to come out of this and this season finale just made it all the more clear, I'm done. One measly scene of Bay and Emmett and then we get Bay taking the rap for crimes she did not commit. I get wanting to save someone but I sure as hell wouldn't take responsibility for crimes that I did not commit.. Bay is stupid for doing that and Daphne is even more stupid for letting her.
Totally agree!! I can understand Bay wanting to help Daphne (even though the only reasons they are friends is due to there unusual situation.) However, I cannot understand how Daphne can let Bay take the fall. Being in prison would be scary but letting someone else take the fall for you is beyond crazy.

I actually don't think J, K or Regina will let this happen. Bay was with Tank when Daphne did the crime and hopefully they will be able to confirm with the restaurant that she was there at the time of the crime.

Cannot wait for Daphne to get the wrath of Emmett, I hope he still goes to USC and this doesn't cancel his plans because Bay has to stay in KC.

What did you think about Travis's mom turn around? For me it was not realistic that after all these years she has finally learnt to sign.

I wished that SAB had used a slower timeline like in PPL so that they didn't have to come up with story lines that kept them in the same city.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've posted pretty much the same in some other threads, but what they did with Daphne's character makes me sick. They really want people to hate her don't they? As a Daphne fan I'm done with this show. They crossed the line. Words can't really describe how I'm feeling right now. I've been upset with Daphne's past storylines, but I could still understand her and her POV, but hearing what she did in the finale....
It will take A LOT to get me to watch the show again, but right now they couldn't do anything.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was througly disappointed in the finale first of all everything Daphne put her family through no way in hell should she have allowed Bay to take the blame for her bad choices. Daphne needs to take responsible for her choices I can't believe the writers actually thought this was self sacrificing because believe me its not.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
This article puts a different spin on the Bay & Emmett sneak peek (clip is the same as what we have seen).

I disagree with the writer. I don't see Emmett as freaking out over their future together.

Here's the article:

[WATCH]: ‘Switched At Birth': Bay & Emmett Discuss Their Future — Summer Finale - Hollywood Life

If my daughter ever chose a big wedding to please me, over doing what was right for her, I would feel as though I had absolutely failed as a parent.

There are not guarantees in life no matter what one does. And Bay & Emmett are not most people. Your words here pushed me back into thinking that they just might elope tonight.

We will find out in a couple of hours!

Whatever the big twist turns out to be, I'm excited about the finale.
We are not going to agree as we simply have very different views on life; neither of us right or wrong.

For me; it is important that my children would never feel the need to elope. Nowadays commitment is equally as strong through living together and if my child felt they could not come to me, felt they had to run off in secret to get married and get married so hastily; then I have failed them as a parent. I want them to have an amazing perfect day and that would never be eloping to get student residence.

It's funny how differently we view Bay.

But I believe our choices are best when we make informed decisions. i.e. I would not stop my children being with someone they loved, but I would definitely take the John stance in stating I wouldn't just hand over cash to my daughter to run across country to live with her boyfriend on a whim and see where the wind took her. If she took the time, found a job, showed me that she was doing it for her and not making any sacrifices for him (ie. dropping an amazing opportunity) then her living on own two feet is absolutely a route she should go. But planning for eventualities is smart. There are no guarantees in life and you need to plan your future. That is part of life's experiences and needed when learning how to feed yourself, save for future eventualities etc...

But my personal experiences have seen a lot of people making sacrifices for their partner they later regretted. Therefore, for me, it is about striking a balance. i.e.. being there for each other without a big sacrifice.

Bay's decision tonight was selfish, but if Emmett doesn't go to school and puts his life on hold; then I'm disappointed. He should live his dream and go to school, with or without Bay. If they are meant to be then a few months and long distance would not break them. They are already an unlikely statistic from the real world in getting back together after cheating, so could equally be in the stats that survive long distance. But that sentence was probably to have him stay and go to his mum's special school, Daphne too, and Travis. And I wouldn't be surprised if we have Bay get it through some loop hole and her 'art classes'.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
I was througly disappointed in the finale first of all everything Daphne put her family through no way in hell should she have allowed Bay to take the blame for her bad choices. Daphne needs to take responsible for her choices I can't believe the writers actually thought this was self sacrificing because believe me its not.
I can't see how the family would let this happen myself. If one of your daughters is going down, you would not let the innocent one go down. It would be different if they genuinely didn't know the truth. I hope they don't go the route of Bay getting let off with a record and no time, but allowing that as both their girls aren't in jail.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:54 AM
Master Fan

I havn't watched yet but I don't like what I'm reading. They have made a mess of Daphne's character and Bay taking the fall for something she didn't do is ridiculous
Old 08-19-2014, 06:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan1980 (View Post)
We are not going to agree as we simply have very different views on life; neither of us right or wrong.

For me; it is important that my children would never feel the need to elope. Nowadays commitment is equally as strong through living together and if my child felt they could not come to me, felt they had to run off in secret to get married and get married so hastily; then I have failed them as a parent. I want them to have an amazing perfect day and that would never be eloping to get student residence.

It's funny how differently we view Bay.

But I believe our choices are best when we make informed decisions. i.e. I would not stop my children being with someone they loved, but I would definitely take the John stance in stating I wouldn't just hand over cash to my daughter to run across country to live with her boyfriend on a whim and see where the wind took her. If she took the time, found a job, showed me that she was doing it for her and not making any sacrifices for him (ie. dropping an amazing opportunity) then her living on own two feet is absolutely a route she should go. But planning for eventualities is smart. There are no guarantees in life and you need to plan your future. That is part of life's experiences and needed when learning how to feed yourself, save for future eventualities etc...

But my personal experiences have seen a lot of people making sacrifices for their partner they later regretted. Therefore, for me, it is about striking a balance. i.e.. being there for each other without a big sacrifice.

Bay's decision tonight was selfish, but if Emmett doesn't go to school and puts his life on hold; then I'm disappointed. He should live his dream and go to school, with or without Bay. If they are meant to be then a few months and long distance would not break them. They are already an unlikely statistic from the real world in getting back together after cheating, so could equally be in the stats that survive long distance. But that sentence was probably to have him stay and go to his mum's special school, Daphne too, and Travis. And I wouldn't be surprised if we have Bay get it through some loop hole and her 'art classes'.
My husband and I eloped. It had nothing to do with my parents failing me either.

Bay DID find a job, a place to live, and had a monthly budget laid out.

I don't see Emmett still going to USC. He said himself that he wouldn't go without Bay. He doesn't want USC...he wants Bay.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

I did like Daphne's speech So what will happen to Bay now?
Old 08-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Lizzy Weiss @LizzyWeissSAB · 9h
The last few days of hiatus for the #SwitchedatBirth writers! We are back to work for you Tuesday.
Prayer circle, anyone?
Old 08-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Addicted Fan

i wonder how the xmas episode fits into the timeline.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
i wonder how the xmas episode fits into the timeline.
My guess is that it won't.

I think the writers likely decided to NOT answer any of the cliffhangers with that episode.

I am guessing it doesn't fit into the timeline at all. Or if it does, it is something innocuous, like Christmas 2011, 2012, or 2013. I cannot imagine it being Christmas 2014.

My favorite Christmas episodes of TV shows are from thirtysomething and My So Called Life. Both shows opted for deep and meaningful episodes with a spiritual message. But the promo for this upcoming Switched at Birth episode seemed more cutesy.

Promos can be misleading though. I don't know. The promo gives the episode a Parent Trap sort of feel.

What's everyone else think? After the Season 3 finale, would everyone prefer funny over meaningful?

I'd rather have meaningful.

My guess is the episode will have some sort of message about family. It will probably be very much focused on the two girls. The only problem is that right now, I am so disappointed in Daphne that I don't even know if I can tolerate the idea of watching her interact with Bay. What she did (not the crimes, but allowing Bay to take the fall), obliterates my feelings for her character. I wonder if the writers know that.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Prayer circle, anyone?
after the season finale, I think it is needed.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread