Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Here are a couple of pictures from today's filming of the Christmas special:
1. It looks like Bay, Daphne, and Toby are hanging out at the hospital again. Toby lost his facial hair.
Instagram
2. Also, another Make-A-Wish guest (Dana) will appear in this episode! I love that Switched at Birth supports this organization! The Make-A-Wish guest star, Dana, is seated at Sal's Italian Restaurant, for this scene. I wonder if she could be playing a younger Daphne, because she looks a little bit like Katie Leclerc, and they have her wearing stripes.
http://instagram.com/p/qUrZ4PzTfD/?modal=true
Since the last Make-A-Wish guest had a character named after her (Abby), maybe Emmett's sibling will be named Dana. That would be cool!
Old 07-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
1. It looks like Bay, Daphne, and Toby are hanging out at the hospital again. Toby lost his facial hair.
Instagram
2. Also, another Make-A-Wish guest (Dana) will appear in this episode! I love that Switched at Birth supports this organization! The Make-A-Wish guest star, Dana, is seated at Sal's Italian Restaurant, for this scene. I wonder if she could be playing a younger Daphne, because she looks a little bit like Katie Leclerc, and they have her wearing stripes.
Since the last Make-A-Wish guest had a character named after her (Abby), maybe Emmett's sibling will be named Dana. That would be cool!

Your second link is broken

And I actually think the first picture is at Carlton, not a hospital. The floor tile is the same as what has appeared before at Carton and the door in the background is the same as well.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:24 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
[indent]1. It looks like Bay, Daphne, and Toby are hanging out at the hospital again. Toby lost his facial hair.
Instagram
Thanks for the link.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrownie (View Post)
Your second link is broken

And I actually think the first picture is at Carlton, not a hospital. The floor tile is the same as what has appeared before at Carton and the door in the background is the same as well.
When I click on the second link (both at the time I posted it AND now), it works perfectly. Is it still broken for others?

If so, I wonder why it's not working for others, when it works for me. That's so weird. Any ideas on something I could do to make it work?

It is wickysgirl instagram account. Picture is from 7 hours ago, if someone wants to search for it by her account. Wickysgirl is one of the Switched at Birth crew members.

ETA: You could be right about the first picture. I just assumed the Carlton set would be gone by next Christmas, but maybe they are keeping it around for Toby and Lilly Summers (Rachel Shenton).

Last edited by ollibear; 07-11-2014 at 07:39 PM
Old 07-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When I click on the second link (both at the time I posted it AND now), it works perfectly. Is it still broken for others?

If so, I wonder why it's not working for others, when it works for me. That's so weird. Any ideas on something I could do to make it work?

It is wickysgirl instagram account. Picture is from 7 hours ago, if someone wants to search for it by her account. Wickysgirl is one of the Switched at Birth crew members.

ETA: You could be right about the first picture. I just assumed the Carlton set would be gone by next Christmas, but maybe they are keeping it around for Toby and Lilly Summers (Rachel Shenton).
It's broken for me

That is strange.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Not working for me either. When I check the profile, it says she has no photos to show. Is it still working for you Amy?

Looks like they've finished filming for the season.
Quote:
Lizzy Weiss @LizzyWeissSAB
The entire cast & crew of #SwitchedatBirth will be under one roof tonight. WRAP PARTY!

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 07-14-2014, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

https://twitter.com/LizzyWeissSAB/st...120192/photo/1

Tonight is going to be good!

This episode must be the one where we go into the past and the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnFire (View Post)
Not working for me either. When I check the profile, it says she has no photos to show. Is it still working for you Amy?
Yes, it is still working for me. Her account seems to be locked, so I guess you have to follow her to see it. I'm sorry.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well, that's it for Angelo.
I'm very upset about this.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Interview with Lizzy:

Quote:
Warning: If you have yet to watch Monday’s Switched at Birth, avert your eyes. Everyone else, read on…
Monday’s episode of Switched at Birth delivered a tearjerker when Daphne and Bay’s father Angelo (Gilles Marini) died from injuries sustained in a car accident.

With an uncharacteristically angry Daphne laying the blame on her mother Regina (who threw some harsh accusations Angelo’s way before he drove off), TVLine chatted with executive producer Lizzy Weiss to find out how the teen will handle the loss moving forward. (One word: Spiral.)

Weiss also opened up about why Angelo was the one to go, and how Marini took the news.

TVLINE | Last time we spoke, you said it was really important to repair the relationship between Daphne and Angelo this season. Was that so you could break our hearts even more?
Switched at Birth Angelo DiesYes. [Laughs] It’s the toughest relationship and one of the most defining relationships of [Daphne's] life, and it damaged her a lot that he left her. It profoundly hurt her. We really wanted them to mend that before he was taken away. You’ll see after he passes away, she has a huge turn, and the rest of the season is in direct relation to how she feels about the fact that she had so little time with him when things were good. Really for her, that is the spine of the season, the father-daughter relationship.

TVLINE | How did you come to the decision to kill off Angelo? What was the thinking in the writers’ room?

It started off by talking about iconic moments in all of our lives in high school. I went to an all-girls high school, and we actually never had a student die because I think girls are less likely to die in drunk driving accidents. We had a teacher die and it was such a seminal moment for me. When you’re a teenager and you feel death for the first time and someone you know is taken away suddenly… Everyone started talking about that moment. We actually started talking about, do we want it to be like that experience, someone random in the school, just so it could just be about death and what it feels like for the first time when you’re a teenager. Then we started talking about, “well, would it be more meaningful and interesting and complex to have it be someone closer?”

We went down a lot of paths and then we came across Angelo, and it was definitely a scary thought. I shied away for the longest time for all the obvious reasons — mostly losing Gilles, who I love and the fans love, and it’s obviously such a permanent decision. But every time I’ve been scared of doing something — like the all ASL episode, the dance episode and now this episode — it always paid off. I feel it’s risks like that that keep the show surprising and interesting. It was a very tough decision. But everyone will see that it’s not arbitrary just to kill someone. It definitely has meaning for everyone in a very deep way.

TVLINE | How did Gilles take the news? His storyline seemed to be beefing up finally.

A champ. I was so nervous to talk to him, and he was so gracious about it. He totally got it. He was excited for the journey because I explained to him he wasn’t just going to be sitting in a bed, that we were going to be doing flash forwards and flashbacks. I honesty think his work tonight is the best on our show. The fantasy flash-forwards were so sad, and I saw it so many times in the editing room, and every time I teared up at the wedding day and the birth of Bay’s fantasy twin because those are very iconic father-daughter moments. That was very important to me as a daughter, who has experienced both of those moments with my father, to talk about how sad it is that these characters will never have those moments with one of their dads.

TVLINE | This is obviously an event that affects many members of the family. But who would you say takes it the hardest?

Daphne. For sure. There’s no question. Everything about the rest of the season is Daphne’s response to losing this surrogate dad… Daphne becomes a very different Daphne for the rest of the season. She does some things that fans may not like and behaves in ways that will be very shocking. But she’s a teenager responding to a tragedy and she acts out. It’s a risk that even calls back the switch — because she’s so angry at Regina, and it reminds of her how she felt when she found out that Regina knew all those years and never told her. There’s old baggage for her.

TVLINE | What about Regina? Is she going to feel the blame Daphne lays on her? Or is she going to realize Daphne is just in a lot of pain?

Both. At first, she decides to take the hits and wait it out as a mother might do. And then, as Daphne continues to punish her and make worse and worse decisions, it come to a head, which you’ll see later in the season.

TVLINE | And this was Bay’s biological father, so how is she dealing with it going forward?

Whereas for Daphne, it was all the time she lost being angry at him and wishing she could do it over again and not be as angry, for Bay, what we’re playing is the blood ties. She has a dad that she’s every close to, John. Angelo represents — just like adopted kids — all the questions you have about your biological ancestors. So we do play out, in an episode coming up, a yearning to get to know more members of her family that would tell her about parts of Angelo’s life that she can never ask about — his childhood, his adolescence, his twenties, [life] even before Regina. And so there becomes that craving to learn about him and her family. And as we move into Season 4 hopefully, those are questions we won’t stop answering. We’ll continue to play out what Angelo’s death means for Bay in other ways. As these challenges come up, it sort of haunts you.
‘Switched At Birth’: Angelo Dies — Season 3 Spoilers | TVLine
Old 07-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Addicted Fan

I read the reasons and I still think it was totally unnecessary to kill off Angelo. According to GILLES, it was not his decision to leave.. Not happy at all..
Old 07-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Addicted Fan

I personally won't miss Angelo as he was never a fav, but I am sad for the characters and am curious to see how they all react to his death. Especially Daphne, Bay, and Regina.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
I read the reasons and I still think it was totally unnecessary to kill off Angelo. According to GILLES, it was not his decision to leave.. Not happy at all..
Not happy at all. Heartbroken. They did it to shock viewers I guess. They really didn't know what to do with him anymore. A bit like Toby.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

This interview with Gilles Marini says a lot:

'Switched at Birth': Gilles Marini on Angelo's Death - Hollywood Reporter

I do believe the writers knew what to do with Angelo's character. For the sake of art, however, I believe this choice gives the writers a better story.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
This interview with Gilles Marini says a lot:

'Switched at Birth': Gilles Marini on Angelo's Death - Hollywood Reporter

I do believe the writers knew what to do with Angelo's character. For the sake of art, however, I believe this choice gives the writers a better story.
I know many of you guys love realism in this show but I read all of the reasons for this decision by Lizzy and I still don't support it. Totally unnecessary. Waiting until the very last minute to repair things between Angelo and Daphne and then boom, he's gone. They had plenty of time to do that before but they chose not to.. Not a happy camper.. Art or not, sometimes the writers drop the ball and in this case, along with the cheating, I do believe they did.. I guess we all have our own preferences to how we like our tea in this case and this isn't mine.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Loyal Fan

this episode had me crying, omg