Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Addicted Fan

lol when is there ever NOT angst? this show doesn't know how to let its characters be happy for more than 5 seconds.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

^ True that.

I love in their interviews when they are all "We're amping up the drama." Isn't it already up to 100000? How can you amp it up more.

Oh, lbr, the real cliffhanger will be Angelo has an evil twin named Brangelo and he wants to take over the world with his laboratory mice, pinky and the brain.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Daphne. She really has the worst taste in guys, well, sans Wilke/Noah. Jace and Jeff (even Travis when he's being assy mcasshat) just awful, horrible choices. Unfortunately it'll come back to bite her.

The wording of "John and Kathryn try to help Daphne" legal help? I don't know. It doesn't sound good. I see angst for the Kennish-Vasquez kids come 3A.
I love her, but she really does most of the time. I hope they address it and break the pattern. Agree it's unfortunate and I really wished it wouldn't happen to her, but at the same time I'm kind of hoping it might make her face the issue of why she has bad choices in relationships. Does that make sense? I rather it wasn't this way, but that's television for you.

Bring Noah back! lol

Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
lol when is there ever NOT angst? this show doesn't know how to let its characters be happy for more than 5 seconds.
That's so true. My Mom complains about that almost after every episode is finished.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I love her, but she totally does. I hope they address it and break the pattern. Agree it's unfortunate and I really wished it wouldn't happen to her, but at the same time I'm kind of hoping it might make her face the issue of why she has bad choices in relationships. Does that make sense? I rather it wasn't this way, but that's television for you.
It does. I feel for Daphne it's a combination of Angelo leaving and the switch having unrecognized psychological effects, on both her and Bay. No wonder it's difficult going for the 'right' type of relationship when you really have no true sense of self.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, Im going to hold out hope that Ty will stay in season 3. From what I've heard (many friends in the military) a short deployment is 3 months and that usually means they'll give you leave and then call you right back up a few weeks later. Alot of soldiers try and stay longer so that they won't get called right back up immediately. A 4-5 month deployment is considered the shortest deployment that a soldier wants and would much prefer to 6-12 month deployments. In reality, being away from eachother for month would all just suck for Bay/Ty.

I didn't like Liam/Daphne and I don't want Noah/Daphne. Daphne was a great sister to Bay, when she didn't let anything happen with him. I like jace (not too attached though). I absolutely loved Wilke/Daphne. Unfortunately, the actor is on The Carrie Diares. Did that show get picked up for another season?

Avi by MaybeLove.//Santana

Last edited by rrpdsks; 07-18-2013 at 07:55 PM
Old 07-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It does. I feel for Daphne it's a combination of Angelo leaving and the switch having unrecognized psychological effects, on both her and Bay. No wonder it's difficult going for the 'right' type of relationship when you really have no true sense of self.
Completely agree.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpdsks (View Post)
Well, Im going to hold out hope that Ty will stay in season 3. From what I've heard (many friends in the military) a short deployment is 3 months and that usually means they'll give you leave and then call you right back up a few weeks later. Alot of soldiers try and stay longer so that they won't get called right back up immediately. A 4-5 month deployment is considered the shortest deployment that a soldier wants and would much prefer to 6-12 month deployments. In reality, being away from eachother for month would all just suck for Bay/Ty.

I didn't like Liam/Daphne and I don't want Noah/Daphne. Daphne was a great sister to Bay, when she didn't let anything happen with him. I like jace (not too attached though). I absolutely loved Wilke/Daphne. Unfortunately, the actor is on The Carrie Diares. Did that show get picked up for another season?
Yes, it did get picked up for Season 2. For what it is worth, I love Wilke/Daphne, too. But I wouldn't mind Daphne dating Noah in Season 3, as long as Bay doesn't mind. And really, I doubt she will now that she's super happy with Ty.

I sure would love to see Wilke one day again in the future, though.

Quote:
It definitely has to do with Jace/Coto/Parker and I'd argue even Jeff. Even though Jeff's only back for one episode, I believe something from his return might affect her.
I read or heard somewhere (and I don't remember where, but it seemed reliable) that Daphne learns something about Jeff that makes her feel sorry for him. Like something really bad has happened to him in the time that they have not been talking. Whatever it is, it shocks her, because she never imagined he was suffering in that way. I'll go search and see where I read or heard that. I hope I can find it now.

Last edited by ollibear; 07-18-2013 at 08:16 PM
Old 07-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Yes, it did get picked up for Season 2. For what it is worth, I love Wilke/Daphne, too. But I wouldn't mind Daphne dating Noah in Season 3, as long as Bay doesn't mind. And really, I doubt she will now that she's super happy with Ty.

I sure would love to see Wilke one day again in the future, though.

I read or heard somewhere (and I don't remember where, but it seemed reliable) that Daphne learns something about Jeff that makes her feel sorry for him. Like something really bad has happened to him in the time that they have not been talking. Whatever it is, it shocks her, because she never imagined he was suffering in that way. I'll go search and see where I read or heard that. I hope I can find it now.
When do we find out if it was picked up for a 3rd season?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggirl (View Post)
When do we find out if it was picked up for a 3rd season?
Switched or the Carrie Diaries?

Hopefully we'll find out about Switched soon, as in August. The Carrie Diaries still has a full season to get through. You won't find that out until next May.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Does anyone think Chef Jeff might be back for Melody? Constance Marie's fan club posted that it's what they think. And isn't that the same episode where Emmett & Travis are setting Melody up on a blind date? Or is that a different episode.

Could Chef Jeff be involved with another teen girl? That would be horrific for Daphne to discover.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:11 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Does anyone think Chef Jeff might be back for Melody? Constance Marie's fan club posted that it's what they think. And isn't that the same episode where Emmett & Travis are setting Melody up on a blind date? Or is that a different episode.

Could Chef Jeff be involved with another teen girl? That would be horrific for Daphne to discover.
I doubt he is back for Melody. I do not think Emmett would go anywhere near considering him for his mom. Nor do I think Melody would date him now that she knows about him and Daphne

I have a suspicion that he might be back for the restaurant that Angelo is starting up. His business partner may have chosen Jeff as the restaurant chef, but Angelo will have none of that....
Old 07-19-2013, 12:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosweety (View Post)
I doubt he is back for Melody. I do not think Emmett would go anywhere near considering him for his mom. Nor do I think Melody would date him now that she knows about him and Daphne

I have a suspicion that he might be back for the restaurant that Angelo is starting up. His business partner may have chosen Jeff as the restaurant chef, but Angelo will have none of that....
Interesting thought. Maybe he's unemployed because of his relationship with Daphne and needs work, but no one wants him (but perhaps because Angelo's partner isn't totally intertwined in the food world, she doesn't know about Jeff's past). So perhaps knowing her connection to Angelo, Jeff asks Daphne for help getting the job, thus putting her in a tough spot (and of course causing lots of drama).

Also 100% agree on the Melody thing. No way she dates him after what happened with Daphne, and no way does Emmett (and Travis) seek him out.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan

Last edited by EyesOnFire; 07-19-2013 at 12:29 AM
Old 07-19-2013, 05:14 AM
New Fan

I swear If they do a Wiki leaks type storyline for Daphne/Jace, then they have jumped the shark at only 51 episodes. But if it means that Jace will have to flee the country, bring it on. Lol!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggirl (View Post)
I don't think Ty will end things with Bay. I really do think Ty loves Bay and think he has since he left the first time. I think he will leave and they will have a long distance realtionship and he will come back a couple of shows into season 3. I don't think they are ready to end the war/solider story yet. They are going to write that then with him away. If Bay and Emmett do get back together I think it will be more towards the end of season 3.
This is what I'm thinking. Personally, I want Emmett to have an actual story outside of Bay for a while before/if they reunite. I loved season 1 and 2 Emmett and I wanna see more of him. I hate him being an after thought.

And my goodness, more Daphne drama? That girl.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
Personally, I want Emmett to have an actual story outside of Bay for a while before/if they reunite. I loved season 1 and 2 Emmett and I wanna see more of him. I hate him being an after thought.
Me, too. Emmett & Bay's individual paths have pulled them apart in such a way that it doesn't feel right to put them back together.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread