Fan Forum Legend

Finally!! -

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-22-2016, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

YAHOO'S FALL TV PREVIEW:

Quote:
‘Supergirl’ (Oct. 10, 8 p.m., The CW)

This Season’s Theme: Before the Clinton campaign chose it as their slogan, “Stronger Together” was already one of Supergirl’s mottos (it was the title of their second episode). With the addition of Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath), daughter of supervillain Lex Luthor, that motto becomes even more relevant. Showrunner Ali Adler says the writers used the metaphor of, “Can a Republican and a Democrat be friends?” to build that relationship. “That’s sort of our paradigm for where we’re exploring this season.”

Where We Left Off: With the defeat of Non and Myriad, things seem tidily resolved. Except for that matter of another pod from Krypton identical to the one that brought Kara (Melissa Benoist) to Earth.

Coming Up: There will be plenty of new faces. That pod’s occupant is Mon-El (Chris Wood), who Adler says will test Kara “emotionally and physically.” With Calista Flockhart’s Cat Grant appearing less, Snapper Carr (Ian Gomez) will be Kara’s chief foil at CatCo. Then, of course, there’s the Big S himself – only seen in silhouette last season – Superman, played by Tyler Hoechlin.

Superman vs. Superman: Will we finally get to see former Superman Dean Cain face-to-face with current Superman Tyler Hoechlin? Adler can’t say for sure yet whether or not this will happen, but finding Kara’s dad, played by Cain, is a “big part of our quest for this season.” – RC

(Credit: Cliff Lipson/CBS)
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fall-tv-ret...368543852.html
Old 09-23-2016, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
How was Supergirl? — Donna
The season 2 premiere is definitely a fun mix of comedy and action, along with a pretty surprising exchange between Kara and James. I can’t say more, but I can’t tell you that Brenda Strong joins the Supergirl cast in a recurring role — and she makes quite the first impression in the season 2 premiere.
X

Could Brenda Strong's character be the leader of CADMUS?

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-24-2016, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 09-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

I think it's a must that you gotta have two Supermans in a room together at least once. And a silly pun.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
I think it's a must that you gotta have two Supermans in a room together at least once. And a silly pun.
yeah absolutely
Old 09-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sneak peek - Supergirl video clip: See Superman in action | EW.com

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-26-2016, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

I like this version of Superman already.

Cavill is good too. But the writing and directing makes him really emo some times.

This is a Superman who smiles after a job well done and says "good day citizen".
Old 09-26-2016, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the sneak peek clip.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:25 PM
MD7
Passionate Fan

Supergirl - The Adventures Of Supergirl - Advance Preview: “Changes Abound”
Old 10-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the preview.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Old 10-11-2016, 01:03 AM
MD7
Passionate Fan

Old 10-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Supergirl: James Olsen to suit up as DC Comics' Guardian

Sidekick no more: James Olsen will be suiting up as DC Comics’ character Guardian in season 2 of Supergirl, EW has learned.

Following a press screening of the upcoming second episode of Supergirl on Tuesday, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg revealed that Olsen will take to the streets as a vigilante this year. “James has a pretty big turn coming up,” Kreisberg says. “These next few episodes are going to make him realize that being a photographer… is not enough for him, so he’s going to go on a pretty exciting career trajectory that we’re really pumped by. James is going to decide that he can no longer sit back and be a sidekick, so he’s going to decide to become a vigilante and he’s going to become Guardian — complete with the shield — which is going to cause a massive problem in his relationship with Kara [Melissa Benoist], because he has decided not to tell her.

“Now there’s this new masked vigilante, and she has her own feelings about vigilantes, and it becomes a push and pull about who gets to decide who gets to be a hero?” Kreisberg continues. “He’s recruited Winn [Jeremy Jordan] to help him, Winn is his man in the van, so the two of them are doing this together. Winn and James together is comedy gold. Watching Winn, as he takes his job at the DEO, but then he’s lying to everybody about how he’s spending his nights, because he’s going out with James, and how he walks in exhausted or walks in with a black eye and says he walked into a door, is the fun excitement of building these first 10 episodes.”

Kreisberg also notes that James becoming a vigilante goes hand-in-hand with the show’s move to The CW — the flagship Arrow started with just a vigilante before Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) fully became the Green Arrow. The same can be said for the reasons behind James and Kara’s sudden split during Monday’s premiere episode. “They’re both tremendously talented actors and they’re both lovely people and they both love working with each other,” Kreisberg says. “We felt like we were pursuing that relationship more because we felt like we had to then any of us was really, truly feeling it. It was interesting because we brought in some new writers in the middle of the season to keep some fresh blood and even they were like coming at it fresh and sort of felt like we weren’t quite sure how we were going to make this happen. We realized that the best scenes between them were just the nice, sweet scenes when they were just being friends.”

“Whether the show is on CBS or CW, the show has a large fan base and a loyal fan base and we didn’t feel like we could just drop it because we made such a big deal about it in the first season,” Kreisberg continues. “But we thought rather than opening the episode with, ‘Well, we had our summer romance, sorry that didn’t work out,’ actually making it a part of the story. The theme of last year was, ‘How does Kara become Supergirl?’ and the theme of this year is, ‘How does Supergirl become Kara?’ It felt like there was a way to have that realization actually be part of the story. Most of us have had friendships that have turned into something more and then you realize maybe it wasn’t, so it felt like a very nature, very real story that we could be telling.”
X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Thanks!