Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Has the season finale happened yet?
It's this Sunday.

Still hoping Dark!Brainy sticks around
Old 05-16-2019, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

Thanks!

I heard about that. He "rebooted" and I l like the sound of that.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:08 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Thanks!

I heard about that. He "rebooted" and I l like the sound of that.
It was an awesome scene (also, Brainy has green blood!):

Old 05-16-2019, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

DAMN BRAINY.

JR acted that so well. This scene was so intense. Wasn't expecting it like this.

I wonder what's going to happen. Please let that be an arc. Don't fix it right away.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:08 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the video.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Last edited by scififan2009; 05-16-2019 at 02:03 PM
Old 05-16-2019, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Philanthropist.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:51 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
DAMN BRAINY.

JR acted that so well. This scene was so intense. Wasn't expecting it like this.

I wonder what's going to happen. Please let that be an arc. Don't fix it right away.
Jesse's acting was top notch in this scene! I've watched it several times already . I hope they make an arc out of it too.

I think the first few episodes of the beginning of Season 5 should be all about this, and it should NOT be wrapped up in a pretty little bow in the season finale on Sunday. It would be awesome to watch Brainy teetering on the edge of good and evil (he was still helping the good-guys after the "reboot", but the plan he came up with was cold and calculating).

Also, it would give the Legion (well, Winn at least) a reason to come back for a few episodes at the beginning of next season.

I can see it now: Winn comes off the Legion ship in the last 30 seconds of the Finale and says "All right guys -- which one of you broke Brainy?"
Old 05-21-2019, 03:06 PM
MST Manager

Belated thanks for the tweets.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Jesse's acting was top notch in this scene! I've watched it several times already . I hope they make an arc out of it too.

I think the first few episodes of the beginning of Season 5 should be all about this, and it should NOT be wrapped up in a pretty little bow in the season finale on Sunday. It would be awesome to watch Brainy teetering on the edge of good and evil (he was still helping the good-guys after the "reboot", but the plan he came up with was cold and calculating).

Also, it would give the Legion (well, Winn at least) a reason to come back for a few episodes at the beginning of next season.

I can see it now: Winn comes off the Legion ship in the last 30 seconds of the Finale and says "All right guys -- which one of you broke Brainy?"
Too bad it didn't last. They put a pretty bow on it, didn't they? I was hoping Brainy would turn green and start to take more of his comic book form.

It's hard for me to stay engaged with Supergirl because it's not where I thought it would be in s4.
Philanthropist.

Old 05-28-2019, 03:53 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Too bad it didn't last. They put a pretty bow on it, didn't they? I was hoping Brainy would turn green and start to take more of his comic book form.

It's hard for me to stay engaged with Supergirl because it's not where I thought it would be in s4.
I was so frustrated with that! They had such a good story with so much potential, and just wasted it on a cheap romance plot instead.

I guess Brainy's really going to write Nura out of existence, despite how many times he's said that messing too much with Nia's timeline would have consequences.

I wonder if the show will even touch on the timeline implications next season, or if they'll conveniently forget that just like they forgot parts of Season 1 (at least The Flash and Legends weren't afraid to show the consequences of changing things)
Old 05-28-2019, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

I just hope they lighten things up a bit for season 5. The anti-alien agenda made most of S4 feel depressing.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I hope it's concluded too.

Overall, I loved season 4. I think it was one of the strongest seasons to date.

How incredibly rare and awesome was it seeing the lead female not need or care about having a romantic relationship? Man, that was awesome. Kara's been single for well over a year even since she was also single in season 3 a bit as well. I just love it. So unique and cool.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:35 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I just hope they lighten things up a bit for season 5. The anti-alien agenda made most of S4 feel depressing.
So far, it looks like Leviathan and Ma'alefa'ak (easier spelling: Malefic) are going to be the main antagonists.

In the comics, Leviathan was run by Talia al Ghul -- but I really hope it ends up being someone else on this show. We've had enough of the al Ghul's on Arrow (aka Batman-lite) and we don't need them on Supergirl too (and the al Ghul's have absolutely NO connection to those characters).

From Wikipedia: Leviathan is a shadowy organization with origins unknown, capable of creating surgically and genetically altered super-humans. They've also shown an ability to brainwash people for their cause.

This fits in with what happened this season: humans with superpowers. It was implied that Lex was being spied on by Eve on the orders of whomever was in charge of Leviathan. Dare I hope it's one of the evil Brainiacs - Brainiac 4 preferably (it would at least give Brainiac 5 a story arc beyond "tech support guy" and "Nia's boyfriend" at least).

Last edited by Elektra; 05-29-2019 at 10:05 AM
Old 05-28-2019, 09:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
This fits in with what happened this season: humans with superpowers. It was implied that Lex was being spied on by Eve on the orders of whoever was in charge of Leviathan. Dare I hope it's one of the evil Brainiacs - Brainiac 4 preferably (it would at least give Brainiac 5 a story arc beyond "tech support guy" and "Nia's boyfriend" at least).
They would have to care about Brainy in order to give him an interesting arc, and the truth is they don't.

As astonishing as it might be the closer he came to be portrayed as who he truly is was when he was rebooted. The moment he stopped caring how Nia saw him, his intelligence shone. And this was portrayed as "wrong" and "evil" even though he wasn't being evil: he was just emotionlessly efficient.

Last edited by lianamed; 05-28-2019 at 04:10 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread