Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2019, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

Supergirl S&S Thread #9: “seeing her out there at that march hand-in-hand with everybody else, I was inspired.”

SUPERGIRL is an action-adventure drama based on the DC Comics character Kara Zor-El, Superman’s (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents’ help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later at 24, Kara lives in National City assisting media mogul and fierce taskmaster Cat Grant. She works alongside her friend and IT technician Winn Schott and famous photographer James Olsen, who Grant just hired away from the Daily Planet to serve as her new art director. However, Kara’s days of keeping her talents a secret are over when Hank Henshaw, head of a super-secret agency where her sister also works, enlists her to help them protect the citizens of National City from sinister threats. Though Kara will need to find a way to manage her newfound empowerment with her very human relationships, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime. [x]

News
Supergirl Moves to The CW for Season 2
‘Supergirl’ Could’ve Stayed At CBS If Not Picked Up By The CW
Supergirl Stays On Mondays; Calista Flockhart’s Return Being Negotiated
Revealed: The CW’s 2016-2017 TV Schedule
Calista Flockhart wants to continue on Supergirl Season 2 & Winn/Kara Spoilers
Calista Flockhart To Recur In Season 2 On CW As Filming Moves North
Supergirl @ Comic-Con: 'Grounded' Season 4 Brings Back Kara the Reporter

Previous Threads: 1 | 2 | 3
Old 03-19-2019, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Tftnt.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:22 AM
Total Fan

TFTNT!

Carried over from last thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
Is it really that surprising they would steal from Kara and Brainiac's love story and give it to Nia when the DC comic writers did the same thing first when they reworte the universe after CoIE and gave Kara and Brainiac's entire love story to Nura and Brainiac?
After COIE, they gave Kara's relationship with Brainy to a character called Laurel Gand, a Daxamite who got Kara's backstory and history with the Legion. Laurel eventually dumped Brainy for his best friend, Rond.

It was only after a Legion reboot or two that they wrote in the Nura/Brainy relationship, and that was mostly because she was living in his head (her body was "dead"), and decided he was a pretty great guy, so they got married when he finally "fixed" her body.

I think that continuity disappeared into another Legion reboot.

DC then revisited Kara and Brainy's relationship in various Supergirl Annuals, prior to the New 52 reboot.

After the New 52, DC rebooted AGAIN with "ReBirth", and there's a theory that the mysterious Coluan Kara is currently travelling the Galaxy with is actually a brainwashed (no pun intended) Querl Dox, but right now he believes he's someone named Z'ndr Kol. We don't know for sure.

The writer of that story arc keeps hinting to Brainy/Kara fans on twitter to "Be patient", so who knows where they're going with that story.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Clois took 5 seasons to get together.

Patience can be a virtue.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:18 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I was really hoping for Kara/Brainy too. I think Brainy/Nia are cute but I'm still holding out hope Kara/Brainy eventually get together.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-19-2019 at 01:54 PM
Old 03-19-2019, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Hopefully. It would be nice to at least see them build a friendship. I don't even know what Kara has been up to the last several episodes or who she's close with.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

Lex has three episodes. We saw the first one, two more to go.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:20 PM
Master Fan

Thanks.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:49 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the tweet.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Still wish we could've seen Superman and Lex.
Philanthropist.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:13 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Still wish we could've seen Superman and Lex.
That would have been cool.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Watching 4x16 and I love Lex already. His voice and his demeanour.

"Love is valueless. I respect you."
Philanthropist.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

And he’s using Red Daughter to frame Kara in the next episode.

She is so screwed.

Last edited by scififan2009; 03-25-2019 at 03:47 PM
Old 03-25-2019, 05:38 PM
Total Fan

I wonder if somehow someway, Lex is going to end up taking over for President Baker. He was president in a few other comic stories (one of them being Red Son, by the way).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread