Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2018, 02:46 AM
Loyal Fan

"I was this completely self absorbed misogynist." - Mon El.

We been knew.

Now you're just a cheating POS.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
(And also with me being a stickler for comic book canon relationships, I'm waiting for Kara to start getting closer to Brainy).
You mean the comic book canon that this came from?

What I find interesting, is that at some point this season, according to spoilers, Mon-El ditches the Legion uniform and chooses to wear his traditional Valor suit from the comics instead.

Maybe he Imra and Brainy could have a falling out over something they’re not telling him.

Last edited by scififan2009; 02-06-2018 at 03:37 AM
Old 02-06-2018, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So some pieces of Mon-El's story are coming out, it's not the best storyline but it isn't the worst either. I kinda wanna see what Imra and Brainy have been hiding, hopefully it'll be so big that Mon-El ditches them when they go back to the future.

I knew, I knew that whenever Mon-El told Kara how hard this was, he was talking about himself, at least they finally acknowlodged it.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:31 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
You mean the comic book canon that this came from?

https://68.media.tumblr.com/407614c0...b1bo1_1280.jpg
I mean the comic book canon all these came from (under the tags because... well... there's a lot):
Spoiler:
Kara and Brainy are the DC Universe's star-crossed (erm... well... time-crossed) lovers.

In regards to the picture you posted, Kara's kissed a lot of guys in the comics. Mon-el just happened to be one of them. Brainy has been her only consistent relationship (or implied relationship, what with time-travel memory wipes and all) throughout several different continuities.

So far, only Lois and Clark have had the honour of living happily ever after in the DC comics universe (married with a kid)... but even though Kara/Brainy always ended up parting ways, they also somehow managed to find each other again too, so I was hoping to see that connection on the TV show.

Anyway, let's hope we get more spoilers soon. 9 weeks is a LONG time to wait.

Last edited by Elektra; 02-06-2018 at 05:40 AM
Old 02-06-2018, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Comic relationships aren't always translated perfectly in the DCTV universe, a clear example is given by Arrow where Olicity is the main couple and not Green Arrow/Black Canary

Hopefully some new spoilers will come to light soon.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:26 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Comic relationships aren't always translated perfectly in the DCTV universe, a clear example is given by Arrow where Olicity is the main couple and not Green Arrow/Black Canary

Hopefully some new spoilers will come to light soon.
Yeah, I long ago gave up hope on Arrow having any resemblance to canon . Oh well. At least I still have Iris and Barry on The Flash.

Regarding spoilers: I find that Supergirl is one of the hardest shows to get spoiler set photos of, whereas the Flash is the easiest because they always seem to be filming something in public view. Hopefully we can find something from SG somewhere to last us until April.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
In regards to the picture you posted, Kara's kissed a lot of guys in the comics. Mon-el just happened to be one of them. Brainy has been her only consistent relationship (or implied relationship, what with time-travel memory wipes and all) throughout several different continuities.
Well, to be fair, there has also been some old stories about Jimmy & Kara, as well as Jimmy & Lucy. In fact, I believe there has been at least one Silver Age Story when Jimmy and Kara got married.

As far as Comics go, though, Kara and Brainiac-5 relationship has always been her main relationship, and it would be very nice to see some kind of nod to that, since, clearly, they are not going that way right now since Brainiac will return to the future. Still, a nod to that wouldn't hurt.

As far as future relationships go, I'd rather they had given Imra her true love (Lightning Lad) instead of marrying her to a guy who is (emotionally) cheating on her at the very first temptation. Honestly, that Mon-el / Imra marriage was a *terrible* idea, and I'm not saying this because I'm a Mon-el & Kara fan, because I'm not. In fact, most of the time I'm indifferent. However, over the top drama usually annoys me, and, even though I didn't care about them in the past, I might just end up hating them just because of that particular arc.

Where is Garth? Imra should be with *him*.

Last edited by lianamed; 02-06-2018 at 10:11 AM
Old 02-06-2018, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, I long ago gave up hope on Arrow having any resemblance to canon . Oh well. At least I still have Iris and Barry on The Flash.
Funny, for me it's the exact opposite
Thank god for Arrow and Olicity!

Quote:
Where is Garth? Imra should be with *him*.
Maybe they will somehow get to that?
Old 02-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm with you. I had to stop watching Arrow when they killed off BC. Actually, I stopped watching well before they went there but the writing was on the wall the direction they were headed in was not a good one.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Supreme Fan

I am satisfied with Mon-El's chat with J'onn but not with how they got there. They skipped the build-up to the revelation. Letting both Mon-El and Imra without a point of view for so long is bad storytelling

They introduced this whole marriage plot for drama but where was the drama in the last few episodes? Because there's no drama in watching Kara be sad over a one-dimensional character and his seemingly perfect wife. It's just boring I don't know if it's lazy writing or if they weren't sure they wanted to go back to Karamel

I hope Kara and Brainy won't have a romance. I love those comic scans They seem to have a very sweet relationship in the comics but it's clear the show is headed in another direction. Brainy shouldn't be used as a prop for Karamel He shouldn't be used as a prop for anything.

I thought we were in the clear but the writers can still throw Imra under the bus. Hopefully it won't happen.

I have this feeling Alex will get through to Sam the same way she got through to Julia. Or maybe it will be a team effort.

How is Lena going to help Sam? They need to tell her about Kara and Supergirl. I don't get why she's still in the dark
Old 02-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm wondering if they're playing the long game with Lena, intending to have her go bad and ultimately embrace her Luther dark side, sort of like on Smallville with Lex and Clark.

I hope they are. I don't see any other reason they're keeping Kara's identity a secret from her for so long, and also why they keep circling back over and over again to her possibly going dark but not doing it.

It seems like a set-up to make her a villain in the end and I think that would be a good idea.

As for Mon-el, it's obvious they used his seven year gap to turn him into this newly responsible, mature hero instead of what he was before, but i gotta be honest- to me this makes him even MORE bland and boring.

I really wish they would give Kara and Brainy a chance, because at least he's different! He's not just another dull, cardboard CW love interest. He's kind of like Data from Star Trek- i'd like to see what they could make of a potential romance with a character like that. it'd be more interesting.

and the comics canon is an added bonus.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I thought we were in the clear but the writers can still throw Imra under the bus.
I think it all depends on what kind of mission she and Brainy are on.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
I think it all depends on what kind of mission she and Brainy are on.
And why they didn’t tell Mon-El.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:28 PM
Total Fan

My theory (and I could be wrong) is that the mission has to do with recruiting Kara into the Legion to help with some threat in the 31st Century that the Legion can't handle on their own. I don't think this was just Imra and Brainy's decision either.

Remember, there are still a few unopenened pods on that ship. The rest of the Legion members would have had a say in any big time travel mission because of the risks in messing with the timeline. Perhaps as a group, they agreed it was better to keep Mon-el out of the loop since he would have probably vetoed the plan.

If this is the case, it's probably best to leave it to Season 4 rather than try to squeeze it into the current season with the World Killers. I could see Season 4 having a "Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes" main story, with little side stories about what is happening in National City with the DEO to keep everyone else busy.

Also, I want the Legion to stick around. This would be as good a reason as any to keep them relevant going into the next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
I really wish they would give Kara and Brainy a chance, because at least he's different! He's not just another dull, cardboard CW love interest.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
He's kind of like Data from Star Trek- i'd like to see what they could make of a potential romance with a character like that. it'd be more interesting.
It seems I always connect with the android/robot/etc characters in the Sci-fi/Superhero genre . Data was my favourite character in TNG, Astroboy was my cartoon hero when I was a kid, Vision is my favourite character in the MCU, and now Brainy has become my favourite new character on SG.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

And I wish Laurel/Black Canary not to be dead on Arrow anymore. But we don’t always get what we want.