Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
SUPERGIRL’S ALEX DETAILS ROLE IN ARROWVERSE CROSSOVER CRISIS ON EARTH-X

Alex Danvers will make the jump to Earth-1 for Barry and Iris’ wedding in the Arrowverse crossover “Crisis on Earth-X.” Unfortunately, her trip won’t go quite as smoothly as expected when villains from Earth-X crash the party. During a set visit, Alex actor Chyler Leigh discussed her involvement in the four-show crossover, the other Arrowverse characters she got to meet, the atmosphere on set and more.

“Oh, I’m all over it! Every day, 14-hour camera days, every single day for three and a half weeks. Yes, I was there every day,” she revealed.

“We were the only two [from Supergirl] really that went over in the crossover. It was just primarily the both of us,” she explained. “Went there for Barry and Iris’ wedding. That was whole point for going there, the catalyst behind it. It’s comic book that nothing is ever peachy and easy. Disaster ensues. It’s everybody banding together and figuring out strengths, weaknesses. You have all these minds in one place, and all these superpowers in one place, all these costumes in one place. I was like, ‘I’m really glad that I have a DEO outfit. Like I’m super stoked about this.'”

“You have all of this in one area… Actually, we joked a lot about it because there are a few scenes where you see everybody together. It looked like a high school reunion, where it’s like we’re all standing, just like, ‘This is really funny. What do we do for a living?'” she added with a laugh.

“With Alex and Kara, it is very much a duke-it-out, like, ‘We’re here together. We’re in this.’ At certain moments, we’re fighting for each other, fighting to get to each other and fighting together,” she teased. “You really get to see a lot of sides of everybody, and sides that you wouldn’t expect.”

“It was a lot of fun. It was a lot of work and exhausting, but it was a lot of fun,” she shared. “We all had a really great time together. The biggest thing about it is that when you’re working that much, and you’re working that hard, and you have such little time, it’s basically making like a huge feature in three weeks, and so, it was ridiculous. But you put it all together, and you just go, ‘Wow.’ What we accomplished, I’m very proud of. I’m really curious to see it what it looks like all put together. There were days where we would shoot on three shows in one day and just shuttle between, and it’s like, ‘I don’t remember anybody’s name.’ This is my first crossover, so I didn’t know anybody.”

“But at the same time, you start to see people working up in Vancouver that I worked with 10 years ago,” she continued. “Crew members just kind of going high-fives, walking around, saying, ‘Hey, how’s it going? This is great!’ All around, it was a great experience. We all knew that we were in the thick of it together. Everybody kept as highest spirits as you can when you’re tired. But we all just had fun and laughed as much as we could and just enjoyed the experience, because how could you not?”

Leigh also offered a hint about who Alex gets to interact with in the crossover. “A lot of the moments that she had are with Oliver and Barry and Sara and a lot of the Legends cast,” she said. “That was a big part of that duo, everybody there. That was kind of the biggest part of it.”
Source: X

The Rogue Prince
Old 11-17-2017, 06:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I couldn't agree more. I'm hoping for a positive change. I felt like S2 was a trainwreck that's why I stopped watching. It's good Chris was honest. Mon-El would have nostalgia over objectifying women and owned slaves.
Whut? Mon-El has never showed nostalgia for that. He made one joke about objectifying women. A joke. He was always ashamed about the slavery the moment it came up and he hinted that he wasn't a fan of it even back on Daxam. One of the interviews mentioned that Mon-El never really felt completely at home on Daxam. Chris has always been supportive of the idea that Mon-El should ultimately end up as a hero and that what they were going for required for him to start off from a messed up place.

I also don't think that the Brainiac and Saturngirl situation can really be compared at all to what happened with James at least not in the way people are talking about here. Both these storylines were still very much devised under Kreisberg. So either he was in favor of replacing Mon-El himself or it's a different situation from James where the decision to end James/Kara was clearly made before Mon-El even came to the show.

Also, bad writing is bad writing. I didn't like how the James story was changed midstream and to me it just be just as much bad writing if they suddenly tried to do the same with Mon-El. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I personally liked both season 1 and 2, but I had more fun in season 2 because imo the pacing was more snappy.

Andrew didn't just magically appear in season 2, he was just as involved in season 1, wrote just as many episodes, created beloved characters like Alex and loved characters like Cat Grant. It's a cheap excuse to now pretend that he was somehow only responsible for the things people hate and didn't have anything to do with the things people loved in season 1. Besides, I thought plenty of the humor for Mon-El was adlibbed? I have read the post from the supposed insider who said that actors were threatened with getting bad storylines and even that person, who loves Kara/James and hated Mon-El, said according to their info the network was behind Mon-El more than Kreisberg.

Kreisberg was apparently also the big driving force behind the crossover (which doesn't contain Mon-El despite the fact that he is back already, btw), so are you just gonna ingnore any progresses made in Westallen or Olicity or between Kara and Alex that happen in there, because if Kreisberg wrote it, then it must be bad and not real?

Last edited by LolaRuns; 11-17-2017 at 06:47 PM
Old 11-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

Makes perfect sense for Alex to want to go to a wedding, after having just cancelled her own.

Last edited by scififan2009; 11-17-2017 at 08:47 PM
Old 11-18-2017, 01:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaRuns (View Post)
Whut? Mon-El has never showed nostalgia for that. He made one joke about objectifying women. A joke.
Nostalgia: a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past.

Mon El: [sigh] Things were easier on Daxam when I could objectify women and didn't care.

That's nostalgia. Even quoting it now is gross.

Quote:
He was always ashamed about the slavery the moment it came up and he hinted that he wasn't a fan of it even back on Daxam.
Who cares if he was ashamed? Who cares if he wasn't a "fan of it". He still was a slave owner. He even lied about it. No fan has to go out of their way to symphatise, understand or make peace with any of these traits. You might want to but it's more than reasonable for any fan out the bat to say NO to the "misgyonistic slave owner" - to quote Chris Wood himself.

Quote:
Kreisberg was apparently also the big driving force behind the crossover (which doesn't contain Mon-El despite the fact that he is back already, btw), so are you just gonna ingnore any progresses made in Westallen or Olicity or between Kara and Alex that happen in there, because if Kreisberg wrote it, then it must be bad and not real?
There was a lot of problems in Westallen, Olicity AND even Kara/Alex. Hell the crossover has NAZIS. Huge red flag! As someone who at least appreciated all 3 at some point. I admit that without hestitation. I'd further go on to say the treatment of female characters on The Flash. Pandering to men. Just look at Ralph refering to women by their measurements?! None of these shows are as progressive as they claim. I could go on.

Quote:
Besides, I thought plenty of the humor for Mon-El was adlibbed?
Not according to Kreisberg himself: during his separate interviews with TVLine, E!Online, DenofGeeks, ComicBook and Deadline. Paleyfest and the screening of S2 finale (which I actually attended and transcribed what happened on here and Twitter). If Chris Wood has admitted to adlibbing I'd actually like to know. Please link me. Given how I've praised him for his honesty in calling Mon El a misgyonist slave owner.

Quote:
He was just as involved in season 1, wrote just as many episodes,
Two words: Ali Alder.

Supergirl had problems from Season 1. A show that claimed to be feminist with no WOC? Head scratching that nobody had an interest in intersectionality.

For one reason other another some of you fail to understand the relevance in regard to "writing" and being an executive producer. I don't have the energy to explain it.

Final words: I'm done discussing this with Karamel fans because you bend over backwards to defend what many of us called problematic from Day 1 and believed was highly suspect. Then all of this comes out. Well....

So, I'm running over to the Supergirl Forum and checking the shipper lister on the Karamel thread. If your name is there don't expect a reply. It's a moot point. Enjoy whatever it is that pleases you and has pleased you even when Mon El was all the things that Chris openly admitted.
One day I'll know, how far I'll go
Old 11-18-2017, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice83 (View Post)
Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 3.08 - Crisis on Earth X, Part 4 - Promotional Photos

Source to view the photos in larger size and detail: X
Thanks for the episodes promo pics.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Whut? Mon-El has never showed nostalgia for that. He made one joke about objectifying women. A joke. He was always ashamed about the slavery the moment it came up and he hinted that he wasn't a fan of it even back on Daxam. One of the interviews mentioned that Mon-El never really felt completely at home on Daxam. Chris has always been supportive of the idea that Mon-El should ultimately end up as a hero and that what they were going for required for him to start off from a messed up place.

I also don't think that the Brainiac and Saturngirl situation can really be compared at all to what happened with James at least not in the way people are talking about here. Both these storylines were still very much devised under Kreisberg. So either he was in favor of replacing Mon-El himself or it's a different situation from James where the decision to end James/Kara was clearly made before Mon-El even came to the show.

Also, bad writing is bad writing. I didn't like how the James story was changed midstream and to me it just be just as much bad writing if they suddenly tried to do the same with Mon-El. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I personally liked both season 1 and 2, but I had more fun in season 2 because imo the pacing was more snappy.

Andrew didn't just magically appear in season 2, he was just as involved in season 1, wrote just as many episodes, created beloved characters like Alex and loved characters like Cat Grant. It's a cheap excuse to now pretend that he was somehow only responsible for the things people hate and didn't have anything to do with the things people loved in season 1. Besides, I thought plenty of the humor for Mon-El was adlibbed? I have read the post from the supposed insider who said that actors were threatened with getting bad storylines and even that person, who loves Kara/James and hated Mon-El, said according to their info the network was behind Mon-El more than Kreisberg.

Amen to all of that
Old 11-18-2017, 04:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusBane (View Post)
Nostalgia: a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past.

Mon El: [sigh] Things were easier on Daxam when I could objectify women and didn't care.

That's nostalgia. Even quoting it now is gross.

Who cares if he was ashamed? Who cares if he wasn't a "fan of it". He still was a slave owner. He even lied about it. No fan has to go out of their way to symphatise, understand or make peace with any of these traits. You might want to but it's more than reasonable for any fan out the bat to say NO to the "misgyonistic slave owner" - to quote Chris Wood himself.

There was a lot of problems in Westallen, Olicity AND even Kara/Alex. Hell the crossover has NAZIS. Huge red flag! As someone who at least appreciated all 3 at some point. I admit that without hestitation. I'd further go on to say the treatment of female characters on The Flash. Pandering to men. Just look at Ralph refering to women by their measurements?! None of these shows are as progressive as they claim. I could go on.

Not according to Kreisberg himself: during his separate interviews with TVLine, E!Online, DenofGeeks, ComicBook and Deadline. Paleyfest and the screening of S2 finale (which I actually attended and transcribed what happened on here and Twitter). If Chris Wood has admitted to adlibbing I'd actually like to know. Please link me. Given how I've praised him for his honesty in calling Mon El a misgyonist slave owner.

Two words: Ali Alder.

Supergirl had problems from Season 1. A show that claimed to be feminist with no WOC? Head scratching that nobody had an interest in intersectionality.

For one reason other another some of you fail to understand the relevance in regard to "writing" and being an executive producer. I don't have the energy to explain it.

Final words: I'm done discussing this with Karamel fans because you bend over backwards to defend what many of us called problematic from Day 1 and believed was highly suspect. Then all of this comes out. Well....

So, I'm running over to the Supergirl Forum and checking the shipper lister on the Karamel thread. If your name is there don't expect a reply. It's a moot point. Enjoy whatever it is that pleases you and has pleased you even when Mon El was all the things that Chris openly admitted.
Preach that holy message.

Like the slave owner all you want but to straight up lie. You do you boo.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you, Clarice83. Your contributions to this thread are always appreciated.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
KREISBERG: Mon El (Chris Wood) is funny. I mean, I would say that, I write most of his lines. He says things without thinking which is common mistake for most men. We saw him develop but that humor. It's jovelile. It's fun to watch him and even funnier to watch Kara (Melissa Benoist) and other characters react. Chyler, Chyler's reaction was the funniest.
SUPERGIRL Preview: Andrew Kreisberg Talks Reign, Mon-El’s Return and Lena Luthor

Quote:
While Kreisberg’s fate is ultimately up to Warner Bros. HR and the results of their investigation, two sources said there would be a “mass walkout” if Kreisberg ever returned to any of the superhero programs.
Greg Berlanti Meets With Casts & Crews Amid Andrew Kreisberg Harassment Claims

Sickening news over Kreisberg but not surprising. It does not look like he will return. Time will tell if it will have a good impact on the show. Their ratings already plummeted to 0.5. Confidence was already lost before the news broke.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi

Last edited by Stelena&Bamon; 11-18-2017 at 05:39 AM Reason: Broken link.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Way to go! The actors rallying together. They have pretty much worked up to 3.10 on each DCTV show. Parts of 3B and all 3C of the show should be workable. Fans trended #FireKreisberg and are writing open letters. In the hope that if aren't already planning to reflect. Mass fan response will get them to. I stopped watching in S2. What Chyler reaction?
One day I'll know, how far I'll go
Old 11-18-2017, 05:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusBane (View Post)
What Chyler reaction?

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 11-18-2017, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
”I am a big fan of Chris Wood and Melissa [Benoist], and they get along great. And you know what, it’s the right way to tell a story.”

Mark Pedowitz (President of the CW Television Network)
‘Supergirl’ Mon-El Backlash: CW President Responds, Disagrees | TVLine
Old 11-18-2017, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
”I am a big fan of Chris Wood and Melissa [Benoist], and they get along great. And you know what, it’s the right way to tell a story.”

Mark Pedowitz (President of the CW Television Network)
Good
Old 11-18-2017, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

I also recall the current showrunners saying this at comic con.

So I guess even without Kreisberg around Mon-El still has a place on the show.