Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

pretty early on. actually, he was in a gay bar in the pilot. i've talked to people who didn't even realize it was a gay bar until it was pointed out though so. idk, i think they were trying to be subtle about it, like his sexuality isn't a factor at his job, but they pretty much gave all the other character's relationships full disclosure, except his. i guess you just have to take that for what you will, but clearly it's going to be a focal point in two.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah actually it had to be pointed out to me that it was a gay bar. I'm guessing that it will become a focal point this season which I will be happy to see.

One thing I'm not looking forward to this season is more Tammy and Sammy drama.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 09-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal heart (View Post)
pretty early on. actually, he was in a gay bar in the pilot. i've talked to people who didn't even realize it was a gay bar until it was pointed out though so. idk, i think they were trying to be subtle about it, like his sexuality isn't a factor at his job, but they pretty much gave all the other character's relationships full disclosure, except his. i guess you just have to take that for what you will, but clearly it's going to be a focal point in two.
It took me watching that episode a second time on DVR to really get it. I was so caught up in the whole show.

You buckle my knees

I shake and I shiver just to feel you breathe"

Old 09-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

What date is it coming back?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 09-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh really? That's pretty cool! I had no idea it was a gay bar. Interesting.

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
Old 09-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Southland - EW Fall TV Preview and TV Guide Articles

Southland's gritty story lines boiled over last season when Russell(Tom Everett Scott) took a bullet while off duty. "He'll be back," says exec producer Christopher Chulack coyly, declining to confirm that Russell lives. His partner, Lydia(Regina King), soon finds herself teamed up with an aggressive new cop(Prison Break's Amaury Nolasco). Explains exec producer Ann Biderman, "It's threatening when someone new comes in." Officer Dewey ( guest star C. Thomas Howell) returns, and more details about the private lives of rich-boy-turned- cop Ben (Ben McKenzie) and closeted blowhard John Cooper(Michael Cudlitz) will unfurl, "They both talk about their fathers," Chulack says," and that's help us explore what makes them tick." (Oct. 23)

Source: EW

The September 14-20 issue of TV Guide features returning TV shows including Southland. Here's the gist of spoilers:

The entire cast is back including Russell though his life will change "big-time."

Ben Sherman: Ben moves off probation and soon has to go "U-Boat" meaning he will be covering his beat solo.

John Cooper: Learn more about his pill problem.

Chickie: She suffers for ratting out Dewie.

Lydia: Her new partner, Rene Cordero, drives her crazy (TV Guide says that to them this could be the makings of a flirtation).

New Character: A narcotics detective, Gil Puente, arrives to work with Sal and the anti-gang team.

According to Ann Biderman, the show will be dealing with issues of romance and sexuality for everybody, including Cooper.

Source: TV Guide

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i didn't know amaury joined the cast!!! *dies*
Old 10-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

As far as I know, Amaury has departed the cast after only two episodes or something.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Supreme Fan

^ Aww that stinks. I like him a lot.

Thanks for the other info. It sounds like its shaping up to be a great season.

You buckle my knees

Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Spoiler TV: Southland - Season 2 - Sneak Peek
Old 10-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
'Southland' might have new home at TNT
Sophomore series was canceled last week

By Nellie Andreeva
Oct 12, 2009, 06:29 PM ET

Four days after the abrupt cancellation of sophomore series "Southland" by NBC, chatter intensifies that the gritty cop drama may find a second home at TNT.

TNT was an obvious choice as it shares a corporate parent with Warner Bros. TV, which produces the critically praised series with studio-based John Wells Prods.

But sources on Monday indicated that talks between the two sides are advancing.

"We continually look at all programming opportunities that fit our portfolio of brands," TNT said in a statement.

"Southland," which stars Benjamin McKenzie, shot six episodes of its second season before being shut down by NBC last week.

TNT has been active in the cop drama genre, from its biggest hit, "The Closer" to its most recent offering, "Dark Blue," both from WBTV's sister Warner Horizon.

TNT has yet to decide on the future of "Dark Blue," which recently wrapped its first season.
source
Old 10-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Please !!!

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Please please please. It makes me sick that this show was cancelled. I really hope this deal goes through.

You buckle my knees

Old 10-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i thought fx should have bought it, but tnt is still a good network.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:45 AM
MST Manager

Did I read/hear correctly that this show was cancelled?