Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Supreme Fan

THanks for bringing over the casting info!

You buckle my knees

I shake and I shiver just to feel you breathe"

Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the casting information.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

from ausiello press tour diary

Quote:
10:14 am: Southland underwent some retooling over the hiatus. “[The show] tried to do too much in those [initial] six episodes,” says Bromstad. “It became [too] serialized. It’s now going to focus on Regina King and Ben Mackenzie and those two sets of officers.”
i seriously hope retooling the show won't cost them to what seemed to be good archeitecture... it's funny that they say that the show tried to do too much though, cause i recall thinking it was severely slow a few times during every ep... but who knows! i mean, after they threw life to the wolves, i've pretty much decided nbc will always ruin any great season one drama with a lousy season two!
Old 08-06-2009, 06:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for bringing that over.

I really dont know if I liek this new development. I really want to see multiple backstories and think there is plenty of ways they could do it successfully.

You buckle my knees

Old 08-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

I'm all for interaction just as long as it's not turned into a big romantic drama with Chickie and Ben.

Interviews.

Spoiler TV

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 08-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the interviews!

You buckle my knees

Old 08-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

No problem, I wonder if they will be exploring Nate's family life and his relationship with his sister/daughter.

When is it back?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 08-18-2009, 07:57 PM
MST Manager

Not sure.

Thanks for the interviews.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Not really a preview but a catch up

And...

Quote:
Southland - Amaury Nolasco joins Cast
Posted by b3rt4 at Wednesday, August 19, 2009 (View Comments)
Labels: Southland
"Prison Break" alum Amaury Nolasco has joined NBC's sophomore drama "Southland."

On "Southland, Nolasco will play the agressive new partner of Det. Lydia Adams (Regina King) who drives her crazy.

Nolasco, whose feature credits include "Transformers" and "Max Payne," is repped by WME, Untitled and attorney Dave Feldman.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 08-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
No problem, I wonder if they will be exploring Nate's family life and his relationship with his sister/daughter.
I really really hope they do. Its such an interesting dynamic.

Thanks for the new casting info!

You buckle my knees

Old 08-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sam in Lock Haven, Pa.: Are we going to see more of the gay storyline with John Cooper on Southland, or are they dropping that this season?

Southland is definitely sticking with the storyline of Cooper's sexuality. Michael Cudlitz, who plays Cooper, tells us, "It's going to evolve as we spend more time with him. We will learn more about his sexuality just from being with him." Michael definitely doesn't have a problem with these storylines, joking that he's really hoping to show some skin: "I want them to see my butt."

Matt in Canoga Park, Calif.: What else can you tell us about the new season of Southland?
Shawn Hatosy, who plays Detective Sammy Bryant on Southland, spilled these goodies to us recently: "It's kind of picking up where we left off. It still has the honest approach at this world. My wife [Emily Bergl] and I are still not getting along so great. It seems like we're heading toward something big this season. I can tell where the scripts are going by the training they give us. All I'll say is they brought in a gang detective who was a D3, the highest rank, detective three, like a supervisor of gangs. He came in and talked to us a lot about the birth of gangs in L.A. and walked us through all the steps these guys go through. So that tells me they're probably going to be delving a bit more into that."
Spoiler TV

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 09-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Southland - Episode 2.04 - The Runner - Casting Call

[GIDEON HILL] This African American man in his mid 50s is a former athlete who has worked at an inner city university for most of his adult life. He has worked hard to get his 2 promising daughters out of the ghetto. His eldest daughter was a bronze medalist for the United States Olympic track team. His youngest daughter, a prominent track star is at the university where he works. When the youngest daughter is murdered and information about her life that is derogatory starts coming out, Mr. Hill goes into denial, and then revenge. 16 lines 3 scenes

[TYLER PRESCOTT] This 20-year-old African American football star at the inner city university was the murdered girl’s sometime boyfriend. He is charismatic and participates in the fancy life of clubs, clothes and cars, and is at first a suspect. 12 lines 1 scene. Please submit actors who are believable college football starts only. In great shape with real star quality.

[SISCO] This inner city street African American man in his early 20s is one of Tyler Prescott’s posse. Later we learn that he is mixed up with inner city drug dealers, and may have something to do with the murder. 10 lines 2 scenes

[K-DOG] This tough 13 year old African American teen deals drugs out of the stroller where his baby sister is. 10 lines 1 scene

[MICHELLE] The Hill family’s oldest daughter. She is a 26-year-old tall, attractive smart African American woman who was an Olympic medalist in track. 9 lines 2 scenes

[MALLORY LAUGHLIN] This smart, attractive, capable Caucasian woman in her early 30s is the head of student affairs at the inner city university where the Hill daughter was a student. She protects the university and the football star. 9 lines 1 scene

[LESLIE HILL] This African American mom in her early 50s is with her husband when they hear the news about their daughter’s murder. She is more open emotionally than her husband. 7 lines 1 scene.

[D-BONE] This African American gangbanger in his early 20s is the victim of a gunshot. He was at the scene of the track star’s murder at a crack party. 7 lines 1 scene

[MELISSA] This 19 year old successful, bright, winning Caucasian college girl was the murdered girl’s roommate. 6 lines 1 scene

[ASSISTANT COACH] This African American man in his 30s is the assistant football coach at the inner city university. He is smaller than the football players he coaches, but still in good shape. He is being interviewed by the police about the football star boyfriend. 4 lines 1 scene.

[GLENN] This male Caucasian volunteer at an AA treatment center is an alcoholic himself in his mid to late 30s. He might resemble a younger but hard traveled Mickey Rourke. 4 lines 1 scene

[WEEZY] This 17 to 20 year old African American gangbanger is woken up after a long night by the cops. To say he is not cooperative is an understatement. 3 lines 1 scene

[GRANDMA] This African American woman in her 50s is street and tough like her grandson Weezy. She asks the cops if they are arresting her grandson, and when they say no, she invites them to leave her house. 3 lines 1 scene

[MALE LAWYER] This smart and competent lawyer in his 40s from a significant LA law firm has been hired by the University to represent their football star Tyler Prescott. 3 lines 1 scene. Please submit actors of all races and ethnicities

[WENDY] This blue-collar, but bright Caucasian woman in her early 40s is grieving for her husband who has killed himself. She has strength and dignity. 3 lines 2 scenes

[GIRLFRIEND] This tough, authentic LA Latina in her late 20s is at the hospital with her gangbanging boyfriend after he has been shot. 3 lines 1 scene

[GUNSHOT VICTIM] This gangbanging Latino man in his early 30s is at the hospital after having been shot. 2 lines 1 scene

[NEIGHBOR WOMAN] This uncooperative, aggressively indifferent African American woman in her 30s is part of a gathering crowd at a south central crime scene. 2 lines 1 scene

[NURSE] This Asian American or Latina in her 30s is an ER nurse at a big city hospital. 2 lines 1 scene

[ROOMMATE] This hip Asian American 20 year old is the on campus roommate of the football star who doesn’t live there. 2 lines 1 scene

[FEMALE LAWYER] This Caucasian lawyer from a significant firm in her early 40s is with the assistant coach when the police come around asking questions. 2 lines 1 scene.

[WOMAN] This kinda crazy charactery, but real, African American woman in her late 30s brings a personal problem to the attention of the police. 2 lines 1 scene

[CORONER] This man in his 40s helps Detective Adams (Regina King) lift a body at a crime scene. 1 line 1 scene. Please submit actors of all races and ethnicities

[PATROL OFFICER] This black female in her late 20s gives a piece of evidence to the detectives at the crime scene. 1 line 1 scene

[OFFICERS 1 & 2] These 2 Caucasian cops in their 30s or 40s are friends of the rehabbing cop Dewey (C. Thomas Howell) who is in an AA rehab facility. They are trying to get a laugh out of a group of other cops. 1 line, 1 scene each

[BOBBY] This slightly overweight Caucasian man in his mid 30s to early 40s is an administrator at the AA rehab facility.

[MINISTER] This male Caucasian Protestant minister in his early 40s is presiding at the funeral of Wendy’s deceased husband.

[ASSISTANT] This Latina in her 50s works at the university for the head of student affairs. 1 line 1 scene

[ANOTHER OFFICER] This matter of fact patrol cop in his late 20s to early 30s reports to the detective that he hasn’t had any luck locating a suspect.sptv050769 1 line 1 scene. Please submit actors of all races and ethnicities

[SOBBING MAN] This openly gay but not flamboyantly gay Caucasian man in his late 30s to early 40s is sobbing at his lover's funeral. No lines, some sobbing
Spoiler TV

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 09-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new stuff.

I am really glad they are going to focus on Cooper's sexuality. He is such an interesting character in my eyes and I am glad he will have some focus.

You buckle my knees

Old 09-07-2009, 09:22 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new information!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I missed the part about Coopers sexuality during season 1... When exactly did they hint at it? I know his ex-wife is a nurse or something, I just assumed they split over his injury or something.

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
Closed Thread   Post New Thread