Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

I would love more interaction with Ben and John but I really don't want a Chickie and Ben romance. It makes the show seem a bit teen drama to me.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe that's an unpopular opinion, but I actually want Ben and Chickie to happen I thought they had a real nice chemistry in the pilot episode, even when there was no romantic storyline for them. I don’t know if the show would actually go there (and so far I don’t see any indication that it is) but if they won't I hope that we'll at least get more scenes of them together at the job or just being friends. I really like the characters together and separately.

Do you think either Ben or Chickie would get a love interest this season? I got the impression that TPTB want to focus more on Ben's family drama and on the Chickie front they want to focus on the drama with her new partner, but I do hope there's a chance to some romance for them later in the season I also really hopeful for some love interest for Coop.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 07-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

I think that the show is trying to dig really deep into ther character backgrounds so that we can see what made them who they are and how their family and personal lives have affected them.

I don't mind show romance but I think Chickie even seems too old for Ben.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Supreme Fan

See with this show I dont see the need for a lot of romance. I definitely dont want to be on the front burner. The stories to tell with just the layers of the individual characters is enough for me.

You buckle my knees

I shake and I shiver just to feel you breathe"

Old 07-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondmolls (View Post)
See with this show I dont see the need for a lot of romance. I definitely dont want to be on the front burner. The stories to tell with just the layers of the individual characters is enough for me.
i agree... i think a lot of shows of this nature tend to get so caught up in the romance aspect they lose sight of the overall premise, which tends to ruin a show and become intolerable to watch... i remember thinking ben magically getting a gf was stupid, but i guess necessary to move the story along or whatever... i mean, the characters personal lives are obviously going to be touched upon, but i want them to remain true to the format of their initial promotion, which was a cop show!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
I don't mind show romance but I think Chickie even seems too old for Ben.
That's true. She also out ranks him. but that would make it even more interesting in my eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondmolls (View Post)
I actually agree with you. I don’t necessary need a romantic storyline (well, except maybe for John, but only because I want them to explore his sexuality and him having a boyfriend would hopefully do that) I was just saying that I don’t really see anything wrong with the possibility of Ben/Chickie if the show will go there. Personally I find Ben's family storyline and his scenes with John far more interesting and amusing, but if Ben and Chickie were to happen I'll be more than ok with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal heart (View Post)
i remember thinking ben magically getting a gf was stupid
How was it stupid?

Quote:
i mean, the characters personal lives are obviously going to be touched upon, but i want them to remain true to the format of their initial promotion, which was a cop show!
Oh, I feel like that too. like I said to diamondmolls I don’t need the show to have a lot of romantic storylines, but if they'll go with the Ben/Chickie thing I'll be ok with that because I actually thought they got some chemistry, but in no way do I want it to take over the show, I agree with you that it should remain a cop show.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Last edited by -Michal-; 07-20-2009 at 07:45 PM
Old 07-20-2009, 08:02 PM
MST Manager

I really wanted to watch this show, but I just cannot get into another one right now. My DVR is STILL full of stuff I haven't had time to watch yet.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Supreme Fan

^ Nikki you so should watch it. It's amazing. I was hooked from day one. I can catch you up. It's worth it.

You buckle my knees

Old 07-22-2009, 06:59 PM
MST Manager

I might have to take you up on that, my dear.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

From the twitter of Joseph Julian Soria. He's the actor that played the gang member that shoots Dewey and then Ben shoots dead.

Quote:
jus wrapped on Bones, cool ppl 2 work wit. also jus got a call sayn im back on SOUTHLAND possible recurring ;o)
He's coming back in flashbacks?

Also; there are a bunch of video interviews and practice drills of the Southland cast over at Extra.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/videos...s/79356/476266
Old 07-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBEN (View Post)
How was it stupid?
just kinda felt out of left field... i mean, i'd think the last thing a rookie cop would be worried about is starting up a relationship, but i got why they did it... nothing even came of it, so i still think it was stupid... but yea, personal relationships are going to be formed and explored, no doubt, i just hope it seems to make sense, i guess... ben is one of my favorite characters though, so the more of him, the better!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i'd think the last thing a rookie cop would be worried about is starting up a relationship
Sometimes things happen when you're not planning it. Ben didn’t plan to start a relationship with Daisy, he met her while working, and things just rolled around from there.

Quote:
nothing even came of it, so i still think it was stupid
I wouldn’t say nothing came out of it. I think it showed us how lonely Ben is (I heard a great radio interview of Ben and Michael talking about it, I'll look for the link for you), it also showed us that its not a good idea for a cop to start a relationship with a victim.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Supreme Fan

I wonder if that guy coming back means that Ben will be dealing with some issues going back to killing someone. It could turn out to be a very interesting storyline.

You buckle my knees

Old 07-23-2009, 09:41 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Southland- Casting Calls for Episode 2.02

Spoiler TV: Southland - Episode 2.02 - Casting Call
Closed Thread   Post New Thread