Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Wow, look at all this progress!

...Not.

I have no hope at this point that Katrina will be written in any way that appeals to me. For one, the kind of lack of chemistry I see between Tom and Katia isn't something that can be fixed. For another, they don't seem to perceive a problem, as she's being written the exact same way with the exact same purpose this year. I can only hope that she'll be isolated to the point that I can largely ignore her.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Supreme Fan

My god its the SECOND episode back. Y'all acting like its episode 10 summary. They are obviously not gonna have her escape right away

Question: I love Sleepy Hollow‘s Katrina – please tell me she’s in the real world longer than just one episode. —Erin
Ausiello: Well, she’s around long enough to engage in some retail therapy, says executive producer Mark Goffman. “I would say she doesn’t cling to her wardrobe the way that Crane does,” he teases, adding that when Mrs. Crane hits the mall, her style is “pretty edgy.” So… no Revolutionary War re-enactor costumes? “She’s a much cooler dresser in a way of mixing and matching the modern era with her own.”
Old 09-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the goodies.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 09-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
My god its the SECOND episode back. Y'all acting like its episode 10 summary. They are obviously not gonna have her escape right away
It's not about having her escape. It's about the writers pushing this lame subplot more and more to the forefront without progressing the story, at all. We pick up right where we left off, with Katrina being an incompetent witch in need of saving. She is essentially a damsel a distress with no other purpose but to have two men fight over her. It can't be a surprise that some would fail to see that as compelling tv.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
It's not about having her escape. It's about the writers pushing this lame subplot more and more to the forefront without progressing the story, at all. We pick up right where we left off, with Katrina being an incompetent witch in need of saving. She is essentially a damsel a distress with no other purpose but to have two men fight over her. It can't be a surprise that some would fail to see that as compelling tv.
Very True.

Icon by Me
Old 09-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This!
Old 09-10-2014, 11:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Question: If and when we meet Crane’s mother on Sleepy Hollow, will Victor Garber return as his dad? —Dave
Ausiello: “There’s no doubt that we will learn a lot more about Crane’s mother, potentially in the second half” of the upcoming second season, Goffman tells TVLine, going on to say that Garber – who’s already filmed at least one Season 2 episode – would be very welcome to make another visit. “He’s unbelievable. We loved having him on the show last year and are excited to have him back.”
‘Bones’ Episode 200 Spoilers in Season 10 — Ask Ausiello | TVLine
Old 09-11-2014, 08:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
You pretty much explained why they are doing it though. They are picking up where they left off, meaning no time jump and they aren't going to have Abby, crane, AND Katrina all escape in the episode we return.

As a Katrina fan, yes I like her like I like ALL characters on this show, I want more for her than being a damsel in distress. But I'm not going to judge right off the bat when its only the second episode description and we have no idea what else they have planned. I'm sure they have learned from their mistakes, and this time Katrina is in the real world so her character can be more evolved despite being kidnapped.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Exactly. And since saving Katrina was basically the whole point to the 13 episodes last season? It's repetitive.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 09-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Photos - Sleepy Hollow - Season 2 - Promotional Episode Photos - Episode 2.01 - This Is War

Abbie and Ichabod looking badass.

Quote:
Crane wakes from a prophetic dream worried that Abraham (aka the Headless Horseman) intends to perform an ancient and gruesome ritual in order bind himself to his love, Katrina, for all eternity. Ichabod uses his knowledge of his old and former friend to figure out where Katrina is being held prisoner, and he and Abbie plan to stage a rescue before nightfall. In order to achieve their goal, the Two Witnesses use information gleaned from Corbin’s files and from one of Benjamin Franklin’s notebooks to try and summon forth a weapon – or, more precisely, a monster – known as “The Kindred,” which legend tells has powers equal to those of the Horseman of Death himself. Abbie meets Captain Irving’s replacement, Sheriff Leena Reyes, a no-nonsense peace officer with ties to Sleepy Hollow and a firsthand knowledge of the Mills sisters and their troubled past. The new top-cop brings with her the same brand of skepticism initially held by her predecessor, creating several new impediments for our heroes to contend with. Meanwhile, a jailed Captain Irving faces new troubles after finally revealing the true details of his encounter with the demon Ancitef. Undaunted by his recent setback, Moloch continues his plans to free himself and his army of demons from Purgatory, and Henry Parish uses his otherworldly powers to try and turn a former foe into an ally.
Sleepy Hollow - Episode 2.02 - The Kindred - Extended Synopsis | Spoilers

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 09-11-2014 at 01:46 PM
Old 09-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
You pretty much explained why they are doing it though. They are picking up where they left off, meaning no time jump and they aren't going to have Abby, crane, AND Katrina all escape in the episode we return.

As a Katrina fan, yes I like her like I like ALL characters on this show, I want more for her than being a damsel in distress. But I'm not going to judge right off the bat when its only the second episode description and we have no idea what else they have planned. I'm sure they have learned from their mistakes, and this time Katrina is in the real world so her character can be more evolved despite being kidnapped.
I didn't mean left off as in the very end of the finale. I meant that "save Katrina" was Ichabod and Abbie's last mission, which ended with Katrina being rescued from purgatory. So this is not a continuation of the finale. It's a brand new "save Katrina" plot with the only difference being Katrina needing saving from headless. The very fact that the writers are going right back to that plot tells me that they haven't learned from their mistakes. Katrina started as a damsel in distress and she is still damsel in distress and the writers wouldn't seemingly have it no other way since the plot depends on her being exactly that.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for bringing this over!

I'm glad we'll be seeing Ichabod's father again. I'm interested in that relationship. Also his relationship with his mother. Looking forward to seeing who they're going to cast.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new spoilers! Is this show back? I thought it didn't come back on the air until Sept?
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 09-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Absolute Fan

It starts in about 2 weeks.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There is a link going around tumblr where a Ichabod/Abbie kiss is hinted at or teased for the premiere.
And people are saying that Mark Goffman retweeted it, too.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread