Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
I've found that most of the current dislike towards Ichabod/hatred of Katrina comes down to shipping preferences. Not all of it. But most.
I think it comes down to the writers not giving viewers a compelling reason to like Ichabod and Katrina together. When they have to remind viewers that Ichabod is "madly in love" then they are doing it wrong. It's convenient to say "shipping preferences" but fact is, Ichabod and Katrina's love has proven disastrous more than anything else. What is there to really like or cheer for, exactly?

Quote:
So then...Ichabod will be worth the trouble in the future?
Lol. I see I need to break it down for you.

1. I was not saying that Ichabod would be worth it in the future but commending Orci for making it clear that a romance would not make sense for the characters now but they are open to the possibility in the future.

2. Ichabod is not worth the trouble right now because he is married and has not proven himself worthy of Abbie's affections.

3. Maybe he will be worthy in the future once Katrina is out of the picture and he learns to trust and value Abbie more. But if the future brings more of what we're seeing now, then no, Ichabod will still not be worth the trouble.

Clear?

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 07-30-2014 at 11:39 AM
Old 07-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I think it comes down to the writers not giving viewers a compelling reason to like Ichabod and Katrina together. When they have to remind viewers that Ichabod is "madly in love" then they are doing it wrong.
"not giving some viewers a compelling reason." Not all of us have to be reminded by the writers, we can pretty easily see it in canon.

Quote:
What is there to really like or cheer for, exactly?
I could point you in the direction of a pretty fantastic post in the Ichatrina thread that summarizes their romance in great detail (especially breaking down Katrina's end of things, the sacrifices she's had to make and troubles she's had to endure to be with her husband), illustrating the 'what' and 'how' of what some of us see between Ichabod & Katrina, but I suspect it'd be a waste of my time. So I won't.

Quote:
Clear?
As mud, generally speaking. Hazards of shipping/fandom, I suppose.

ETA: new promo!

Waiting for the squeals of "eeeeeee, Ichabbie hug!" to start running unchecked through fandom.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.

Last edited by IceKat055; 07-30-2014 at 01:26 PM
Old 07-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Addicted Fan

More Comic-Con interview bits

&

Old 07-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Absolute Fan

More spoilers. 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Secrets Revealed: Who's Coming Back And Who Will Shake Things Up

Abbie driving a motorcycle? Ha. Can't wait! Also looking forward to her mother showing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
"not giving some viewers a compelling reason." Not all of us have to be reminded by the writers, we can pretty easily see it in canon.
You're missing my point. It's not that viewers need to be reminded...many just don't care that Ichabod is "madly in love." And that is on the writers/producers for not giving us a reason to care. In any case, I don't think you can chalk it up to "shipper preferences" when it's the media who's asking about romantic Ichabod and Abbie. Katrina is very much an afterthought. Hence, why the writers feel compelled to remind us of Ichabod's love for her.

And yeah, wise choice not to waste your time explaining why Ichabod and Katrina are so awesome. I'd like to actually see it onscreen, not read about it via shipper spin.

Quote:
Waiting for the squeals of "eeeeeee, Ichabbie hug!" to start running unchecked through fandom.
LOL And what's wrong with that? I'm pretty sure that is the intent of said hug. If one finds it problematic, then I'd suggest to take it up with the writers.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 07-30-2014 at 06:27 PM
Old 07-31-2014, 05:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Well Sleepy Hollow is spreading to books...

Amazon.com: Sleepy Hollow: Children of the Revolution eBook: Keith R.A. DeCandido: Kindle Store

Not sure if it was posted or not.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks, it wasn't posted yet.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:38 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusnv80 (View Post)
Well Sleepy Hollow is spreading to books...

Amazon.com: Sleepy Hollow: Children of the Revolution eBook: Keith R.A. DeCandido: Kindle Store

Not sure if it was posted or not.
Thanks. I hadn't seen it yet.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 08-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

Whoa. Looks like Irving is going to blow some UP!

https://twitter.com/WilmOnFilm/statu...53112537202688

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:23 AM
Addicted Fan

From TVLine:

Quote:
Question: Has Sleepy Hollow cast the Succubus yet? —Janet
Ausiello: They have! I can exclusively confirm that Caroline Ford (Lake Placid: The Final Chapter) has landed the guest-starring role of Lilith — AKA the Succubus. Official character description, authored by EP Mark Goffman: You may have heard lore about the biblical creature called a Succubus. And as with all creatures on Sleepy Hollow, she comes with our own twist. Ethereal and seductive, Lilith drains her victims’ life force, leaving only desiccated husks behind. She’s drawn to desire, and hidden desires burn brightest, so she will reveal many secrets in her path of exotic destruction. Things in Sleepy Hollow are about to get sexy as—you know… hell.
‘Glee’ Season 6 Spoilers: Rachel Returns to Lima, to Lead New Directions | TVLine
Old 08-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know they were filming in Wilmington by the post office there
Old 08-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Ohhhh, Abbie's and Jenny's mother has been cast.

Quote:
Sleepy Hollow is switching from daddy issues to mommy ones in season two. The Mentalist alum Aunjanue Ellis has been tapped to play Lori Mills, the late mother of Abbie and Jenny, EW has learned exclusively.

In the series, due to Lori’s mental condition, both Abbie and Jenny are taken from their mother as children and made wards of the state, eventually ending up in foster care. The girls believe their mother was crazy, unstable, even dangerous, and that 16 years ago she committed suicide while in the hospital’s mental ward. However, Abbie and Jenny will learn the real truth about their mother when new information surfaces.
'Sleepy Hollow' casts 'The Mentalist' alum as Abbie's mom | Inside TV | EW.com

I loved her on The Mentalist.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh she's been out for a minute. I like her.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:20 PM
Absolute Fan

I love Aunjanue Ellis. Though, I have to admit that she looks kinda young for the role (in fact, she's only 14/15 years older than Lyndie and Nicole). But eh, whatever. I'm willing to overlook it. lol Can't wait to see her with her tv daughters. Hope the writers don't disappoint.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Maybe she will only appear in flashbacks? Although I seem to recall a spoile that said that she might appear in the present, too, Hmmm...