Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2014, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

Sleepy Hollow S&S #5: "You didn't travel two centuries to die in a pine box." - Abbie

From co-creators/executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (the "Star Trek" and "Transformers" franchises, "Fringe") comes the adventure thriller SLEEPY HOLLOW. In this modern-day retelling of Washington Irving's classic, ICHABOD CRANE (Tom Mison, "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen") is resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time to find that the world is on the brink of destruction and that he is humanity's last hope, forcing him to team up with a contemporary police officer (Nicole Beharie, "Shame," "American Violet") to unravel a mystery that dates back to the founding fathers.

GENERAL SPOILERS

Mega Buzz: Orange's Big Fight, Diaries' Finale Fallout, and an SVU Exit - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
Do you have any scoop on Sleepy Hollow? — Charlie
Throughout the first season, we watched as Ichabod acclimated to life in present-day America. Now it's Katrina's turn. More importantly, her history with Headless will ​help explain what the Horseman actually wants. Speaking of the Four Horsemen, we'll also get flashbacks to Jeremy's life before he crossed paths with Dear ​Old Dad. "There's a lot to be filled in from the five years between his wake-up until now, so you'll see quite a bit," executive producer Alex Kurtzman says.
Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Pretty Little Liars, Mad Men, Castle, Sleepy Hollow and More! | E! Online
Quote:
Lauren P.: I miss Sleepy Hollow so much. Got any season 2 scoop?
Yep! There's a new sheriff in town, and she's kind of a far cry from Corbin. Described as "smart, forceful, highly trained and commanding but also has a warm and maternal side," Sheriff Vasquez apparently used to live in Sleepy Hollow before moving to Texas to work for the U.S. Border Patrol. We hear that's not a very chill job, so we're thinking she's not going to be very tolerant of the headless time-traveling supernatural nonsense that's taken over the town as of late. We'll see how that goes.
Spoiler Chat: Chat on Glee, Supernatural, Orphan Black, Parks and Rec and More! | E! Online
Quote:
Cecilia: Give me Sleepy Hollow! Now!

Ok, but you could be nicer about it! In episode two, we'll meet a new tall, muscular guy who's great at sword-fighting, stunts, and horseback riding. Can you say third horseman of the apocalypse? Do you think it will be Conquest or Famine? Have you ever been so excited about a dude on a horse?! (We love this show.)

CASTING SPOILERS

Sleepy Hollow Casting Scoop: House of Cards Star Is the New Sheriff in Season 2 | E! Online

Quote:
Sleepy Hollow Casting Scoop: House of Cards Star Is the New Sheriff in Season 2

It's time to meet the new sheriff.

House of Cards star Sakina Jaffrey is set to join the cast of Sleepy Hollow in a major season two role, E! News has exclusively learned.

Look away, Irving (Orlando Jones)! Jaffrey will take on the recurring guest gig of Leena Reyes, Sleepy Hollow's new sheriff, who is smart, forceful, highly trained and commanding. But Leena also has a warm and maternal side. Atfter working for the U.S. Border Patrol in Texas, Leena is returning to Sleepy Hollow to fill the recently vacated Sheriff's position. You know, 'cause Irving ended season one behind bars.

"There's a new sheriff in town. Obviously, Irving has been discredited and now he's been taken upstate, so the Sleepy Hollow Police Department still has to be run by somebody and that person may not be as open as Irving was by the end of the season with Abbie and Crane," executive producer Roberto Orci recently spilled to E! News. "So somebody may be making their life very difficult."

Of course, before we meet the new sheriff, Sleepy Hollow must first deal with its multiple finale cliffhangers. "We obviously left people in a bit of a bind next season, so I think one of the things we felt pretty strongly about was not coming up with cheap ways out of that problem," executive producer Alex Kurtzman previewed for us, while Orci added, "We're not cutting to a year later."
‘Sleepy Hollow’ Season 2 Casting — Matt Barr as Bounty Hunter Nick Hawley | TVLine

Quote:
Exclusive: Sleepy Hollow Taps One Tree Hill Actor to Aid Ichabod & Abbie

Team WTF now has a new member.

Fox’s Sleepy Hollow has cast Matt Barr as Nick Hawley, a “ruggedly handsome” bounty hunter who’ll assist Ichabod and Abbie on a supernatural case in Season 2, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The adventurous Mr. Hawley is described as having a sense of humor and a bit of swagger, but he’s also a loner whose education is masked by a rough-and-tumble demeanor.

Given that the part is recurring, we’re likely to see Barr often during the season. And given that Nick is an easy-on-the-eyes badass, we’re likely to hope that he and Abbie hit it off — even if just to complicate her partnership with Crane.

Neil Jackson To Recur On ‘Sleepy Hollow’; Caroline Sunshine In Pilot ‘Recovery Road’

Quote:
The Headless Horseman will be back. British actor Neil Jackson, who guest starred in Episode 7 of the first season of the drama Sleepy Hollow, is set to heavily recur on the Fox series in Season 2. He will reprise his role as Abraham Von Brunt aka the Headless Horseman. Jackson is repped by Evolution Entertainment Partners, Paradigm, Troika, and attorney Steve Younger.

'Sleepy Hollow' casts Benjamin Franklin for season 2 | Inside TV | EW.com
Quote:
Sleepy Hollow is enlisting a major Founding Father this fall. Ichabod Crane will meet up with Benjamin Franklin in season 2. Fox’s breakout action-thriller has cast The West Wing actor Timothy Busfield to play “the First American” in a recurring role for the show’s sophomore season.

Fans will discover that Crane (Tom Mison) reluctantly apprenticed under Franklin before he awoke in present day upstate New York. “Last season, we created this history between Ichabod and George Washington that talked about this secret war that was part of the American Revolution,” says executive producer Mark Goffman. “This season, we’re continuing that and expanding on it with other characters. Benjamin Franklin is great because we are all familiar with so many of his contributions and now we get to pull back the veil a bit. This man founded the printing press and was responsible for so many [innovations] and now we find out he’s involved in this secret war and that Crane had a relationship with him. I’ve read several biographies of Franklin and we’re teeing off on some of his precociousness and eccentricities.”

Busfield previously worked with Goffman on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and says he’s particularly excited to play a person who is so widely known, yet infrequently dramatized in TV and movies. “Not a lot of people have actually played Ben Franklin, and the more I learn about him and read about him, he’s a really fun guy,” Busfield says. “He’s a writer, and I love how that informs his mind.”

Plus, there are other perks. “[Executive producer Ken Olin] said, ‘Eat all the ice cream you want,’ and there’s nothing more fun to hear as an actor,” Busfield says. “I get to play a guy with a potbelly who wears bifocals — finally a part that Michael Fassbender couldn’t play!”

CAST
Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane
Nicole Beharie as Lieutenant Abbie Mills
Orlando Jones as Frank Irving
Katia Winter as Katrina Crane
Lyndie Greenwood as Jenny Mills
John Noble as Henry Parrish/Jeremy Crane

Cast Promo Pics

SEASON 2 EPISODES:

Fox Sets Sleepy Hollow Season 2 Premiere Date

Quote:
The supernatural drama will return on Monday, Sept. 22 at 9/8c, the show's executive producers announced Monday during a panel discussion that fittingly took place at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

Episode 2.01 - "Hellfire" (written by Mark Goffman)
Episode 2.02 - "The Kindred" (written by Mark Goffman & Albert Kim)
Episode 2.03 - "Root of All Evil" (06-Oct-2014)
Episode 2.04 - "Go Where I Send Thee..." (13-Oct-2014)
Episode 2.05 - "The Weeping Lady" (20-Oct-2014)
Episode 2.06 - "And the Abyss Gazes Back" (27-Oct-2014)
Episode 2.07 - "Deliverance"

SNEAK PEEKS:

RELEVANT TWITTER ACCOUNTS:

Sleepy Hollow FOX
Wilm On Film
Mark Goffman (Producer/Showrunner)
Albert Kim (Writer/Producer
Phillip Iscove (Producer/Co-Creator)

Tom Mison (Ichabod Crane)
Nicole Beharie (Abigail Mills)
Orlando Jones (Frank Irving)
Katia Winter (Katrina Crane)
Lyndie Greenwood (Jenny Mills)

Neil Jackson (Abraham van Brunt / Headless Horseman)

PREVIOUS THREADS

Sleepy Hollow S&S #2: "There's a war coming. Pick a side."
Sleepy Hollow S&S #3: the S1 finale "is going to leave all of our characters in a very precarious place." - Mark Goffman
Sleepy Hollow S&S #4: Sacrifices must be made, worlds collide, loyalties are tested, and the town of Sleepy Hollow will never be the same

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.

Last edited by IceKat055; 08-03-2014 at 07:03 AM
Old 07-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sleepy Hollow @SleepyHollowFOX · 14h
Hey Sleepyheads, sneak a #BTS peek of fan favorite Matt Barr, #sleepyhollow's newest bounty hunter. #behindsleepy

XX

Old 07-28-2014, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Hilights from ComicCon:

2 Sneak Peek clips.

[VIDEO] 'Sleepy Hollow': Ichabod Hates Credit Cards - Hollywood Reporter

Your first peek at season 2 of 'Sleepy Hollow' | Inside TV | EW.com

ComicCon spoiler articles:

http://tvline.com/2014/07/25/sleepy-...on-2-spoilers/

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/07/sle...comic-con.html

http://tommisonfans.tumblr.com/post/...omic-con-bonus

Old 07-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new one.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 07-28-2014, 09:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the new threat. Love the title.

Icon by Me
Old 07-29-2014, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks
Old 07-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not really feeling Matt Barr for Abbie either, but maybe I will think differently once it airs.

Edit:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/28/sl...n-2-interview/
Yet another interview where they're cagey regarding Ichabod/Abbie.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy

Last edited by london grammar; 07-29-2014 at 11:44 AM
Old 07-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I more of a casual viewer on this show but I ask again how does Katrina make Ichabod unlike able he's married to her of course he wants to rescue her and have her be safe. If he was indifferent than I would find him unlikeable
Old 07-29-2014, 01:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickers (View Post)
I'm not really feeling Matt Barr for Abbie either, but maybe I will think differently once it airs.

Edit:
'Sleepy Hollow' producer previews new monsters, gives season 2 scoop | Inside TV | EW.com
Yet another interview where they're cagey regarding Ichabod/Abbie.
LOL I actually like Orci's response, for the most part. He basically said that romantic Ichabod and Abbie is not the story right now because it doesn't make sense for the characters, especially Abbie pursuing a married man. I can't see her doing that, nor would I want to see it. Ichabod is not worth the trouble. However, they are not dismissing the possibility of a future romance, which should be built on their bond as friends. Orci is one who has said that from the start. I thought it was a thoughtful answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I more of a casual viewer on this show but I ask again how does Katrina make Ichabod unlike able he's married to her of course he wants to rescue her and have her be safe. If he was indifferent than I would find him unlikeable
Uh, perhaps because Ichabod's been overly emotional and reckless in trying to save Katrina? Because he betrayed Abbie by redrawing the map? Because Katrina failed to mention that someone would have to take her place in purgatory? Because Abbie stayed behind for nothing (since Katrina proved useless once she got out)? Because Ichabod and Katrina's actions produced at least two of the horsemen of the apocalypse? With that said, I don't blame Katrina for making Ichabod unlikable but their love story has added nothing good to the show, IMO and a lot of people have come to resent Ichabod's being so consumed by his family drama.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Absolute Fan

I can only guess that one example was his redrawing the map due to the Katrina aspect and basically betraying Abbie's trust.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Because I don't care about Katrina. LOL. I think Tom and Katia have actual negative chemistry, as in all the energy is sucked out of the scene every time they're together. So when he's expounding poetic about a connection I don't find to be believable, and insisting on focusing all energy in the midst of a war on one person (who has tended to be more of a detraction than an aid- Katrina is a classic case of all talk and no show), it's annoying. I don't believe in their so-called epic love. I don't feel it in any of their scenes. So all it is to me, is a waste of screen time.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay thanks for answering
Old 07-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hated that he redrew the map. I was so disappointed in Ichabod, I know he's a human being, but he knew exactly what he was doing and what that meant for Abbie and still did it anyway. He betrayed her trust and that was so not cool.

Icon by Me
Old 07-30-2014, 09:20 AM
Addicted Fan

From TV Guide:

Quote:
Is Irving out of the fight now that he's stuck in Tarry Town Psychiatric Hospital on Sleepy Hollow? — Tara
Nope. In fact, he'll play a pivotal role in the new season, what with his battling demons and all! "He's up against forces that are incredibly powerful," executive producer Mark Goffman says. "As we find out, Tarry Town Psychiatric has a history with ghosts. Since it's a mental institution, they're not just ghosts, they're crazy ghosts. He's got his hands full. Over the course of the season, he will help lead a rebellion."
Mega Buzz: A Once Connection, Sons' Final Ride, and a Big Grey's - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 07-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I've found that most of the current dislike towards Ichabod/hatred of Katrina comes down to shipping preferences. Not all of it. But most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Abbie pursuing a married man. I can't see her doing that, nor would I want to see it. Ichabod is not worth the trouble. However, they are not dismissing the possibility of a future romance, which should be built on their bond as friends.
So then...Ichabod will be worth the trouble in the future?
Interesting that Irving is now in the place that Jenny just got out of, and has intimate knowledge of. Maybe she'll be helpful to him while he's locked up in there?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread