Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2012, 12:50 PM
New Fan

The Simpsons Spoilers & Speculations #1: Details For Season 24 Announced, More of the Same.

PABF16 Treehouse of Horror XXIII
A trio of terrifying tales – the first is a Hunger Games parody pitting the students of Springfield Elementary against one another; then Lisa discovers that the infamous “Springfield Massacre” of 1804 took place where the Simpson house now stands, drawing a connection between this and the recent eerie goings on in the house. Finally, the Kwik-E-Mart is robbed by a mysterious assailant, and only Bartman can save the day! With the guest voices of Jennifer Lawrence and Adam West.

PABF17 You Should Be D’oh-ing
After entering a karaoke competition at the Springfield Bee Gees Convention, Homer discovers he has a talent for singing in falsetto and embarks on a music career, forming a singing group with Groundskeeper Willie, Chief Wiggum and Reverend Lovejoy. The band makes it big until they find that other acts are jealous of their success and try to sabotage them. Arcade Fire, Adele, Simon Cowell and January Jones guest star.

PABF18 Marge 2.0
Marge signs up to the popular site Twutter and starts posting updates about her daily life and work around the house. After unexpectedly becoming an Internet sensation, she agrees to participate in a Big Brother-style reality show featuring other Internet celebs. Meanwhile, Bart and Homer learn that Santa's Little Helper has impregnated several neighbours’ dogs, and must face neutering him. Guest starring Perez Hilton, Chris Crocker, Seth McFarlane and Philip De Franco.

PABF19 Superintendent Me
When Superintendent Chalmers goes missing while on a cruise and is presumed dead, Principal Skinner finds himself promoted to replace him, leaving Edna in charge of Springfield Elementary. Working closely together helps to reignite some sparks, until Edna decides she must resign in order to stay faithful to Ned. Meanwhile, Lisa befriends a college grad named Kaylee (guest star Dianna Agron) and aspires to be just like her– until she finds out that Kaylee is not all she appears to be.

PABF20 Gays of Our Lives
Patty reveals to the family a pact she made with a friend in a gay bar twenty years ago – if neither of them had found love by the time they were forty, they would have a child together. With her fortieth birthday approaching, Patty and her friend – one Waylon Smithers – begin planning for a baby. Fearful that he will lose his valued assistant, Mr. Burns hatches a plan with Homer to halt Patty and Smithers’ plans. Meanwhile, Grampa and Maggie bond over a children’s TV show – until the Springifeld Retirement Castle unsubscribes from the channel.

PABF21 Homer Improvement
When a lightning storm destroys his treehouse, Bart enlists the aid of Channel 6’s home improvement team (special guest voices Tim Allen and Richard Karn) to rebuild it bigger and better than before. Feeling left out that Bart didn’t turn to him, Homer tries to help anyway but ends up witnessing Snake steal from an old lady while perched on top of the tree. He recruits Lenny, Carl and Barney to form the Springfield “Height Police”, watching the streets from high places to halt crime – until Chief Wiggum and Lisa inform him that the town already has CCTV cameras to do that job.
Jisaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:58 PM
MST Manager

Welcome to the board! Thanks for starting a thread for this show here at Spoilers. I've added this thread to Meredith's list of threads.

Last edited by NikNak; 06-01-2012 at 03:19 PM
NikNak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

Ooh a Simpsons thread!

Ditto to Nikki's welcome and thanks.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:07 PM
MST Manager

I've edited the title a bit.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the thread for this show!

Quote:
Welcome to the board! Thanks for starting a thread for this show here at Spoilers. I've added this thread to Meredith's list of threads.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Roswell Dream Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:43 AM
MST Manager

It's weird, I have never seen one episode of this show. I don't really like animation series like this. But what a milestone for this show to have been around for such a long time!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

You rock for starting this! Welcome!

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watch this show sometimes not seriously. It is a milestone it's lasted so long. It's made fun of so many things throguh the years
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Amazing!
‘The Simpsons’ Makes TV History, Renewed for Record-Breaking 29th and 30th Seasons

Quote:
TV Reporter, Elizabeth Wagmeister
NOVEMBER 4, 2016 | 10:15AM PT

TV history has been made.

“The Simpsons” has been renewed for Season 29 and Season 30, an unprecedented feat, becoming the longest-running scripted TV show of all time.

With the double renewal, the animated sitcom will hit 669 episodes during its 30th season, breaking the record for most episodes of any scripted show, among both animated and live-action series. Previously, that record was held by “Gunsmoke,” the Western drama that aired from 1955 to 1975, hitting 635 episodes.

Take that ‘Gunsmoke!’ You lost a race you didn’t even know you were running!” said Homer Simpson in a statement today, celebrating the renewal.

Currently in the midst of its 28th season, “The Simpsons” debuted in 1989. Executive producers are Matt Groening, James L. Brooks and Al Jean.

“This is yet another record-setting moment for what is truly a landmark series,” said Fox Television Group chairmen and CEOs, Dana Walden and Gary Newman. “‘The Simpsons’ has meant so much to the network, the studio and everyone at Fox, and its continued cultural impact around the globe is a testament to the combined brilliance of Matt, Jim and Al. Congratulations to everyone who works on this groundbreaking series — from the voice cast and producers to the writers and production team — you comprise one of the greatest collections of creative talent in the history of the medium. And to the millions of ‘Simpsons’ fans around the world, thank you for watching all these years. We’re happy to tell you there’s lots more to come.”

“The Simpsons” has become a pop culture phenomenon over the past 26 years. It has won 32 Emmys, 34 Annie Awards, a 2016 People’s Choice Award, a 2016 Environmental Media Award, was the first animated series to win a Peabody Award and nabbed an Academy Award nomination in 2012. The series has a ride at Universal Studios, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and a box office hit with the 2007 theatrical film, “The Simpsons Movie.”

To date, “The Simpsons” is averaging 7.2 million viewers across all platforms for its current season, which airs Sunday nights on Fox. It hit its milestone 600th episode on Oct. 16, which brought the largest audience since the beginning of the year and the largest seven-day-delayed viewership in over three years.

Speaking to Variety, Jean recently spoke about the legacy of “The Simpsons” and the prospect of another feature film. “The movie was such a time-intensive operation, it pulled a lot away from the show,” he said. “I would rather end the show whenever that happens before doing another movie. It’s unlikely there’ll be another ‘Simpsons’ feature while the show is being produced.”

Well then, it looks like there won’t be another “Simpsons” movie for at least two more years.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
THE SIMPSONS
After nearly three decades, The Simpsons finally tackles the “psychological reasons behind why Sideshow Bob wants to kill Bart,” executive producer Al Jean reveals. “It begins with Bart getting lost in an abandoned Nike missile station from the 1960s … and includes Kelsey [Grammer] singing a little Gilbert and Sullivan.” (Naturally.) Fans should also be on the lookout for a Game of Thrones homage in the premiere — during which guest voice Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (aka Jaime Lannister) develops a “weird, surprising connection to Marge” — as well as a La La Land parody, in which Lisa is swept off her feet by someone a few years older than her, voiced by Ed Sheeran. “We cleared some of the music from the movie, which was written by [Justin Hurwitz], who wrote a script for us once,” Jean notes. (That script was Season 23’s “The Falcon and the D’ohman.”) Also surprising: the La La Land parody involves a love triangle between Lisa, Sheeran’s character and… Nelson? (“Milhouse doesn’t even make the cut in this one,” Jean says with a laugh.)

BONUS SPOILER!: Season 29 will feature the return of director Llewellyn Sinclair, voiced by Jon Lovitz.
X

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
THE SIMPSONS
After nearly three decades, The Simpsons finally tackles the “psychological reasons behind why Sideshow Bob wants to kill Bart,” executive producer Al Jean reveals. “It begins with Bart getting lost in an abandoned Nike missile station from the 1960s … and includes Kelsey [Grammer] singing a little Gilbert and Sullivan.” (Naturally.) Fans should also be on the lookout for a Game of Thrones homage in the premiere — during which guest voice Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (aka Jaime Lannister) develops a “weird, surprising connection to Marge” — as well as a La La Land parody, in which Lisa is swept off her feet by someone a few years older than her, voiced by Ed Sheeran. “We cleared some of the music from the movie, which was written by [Justin Hurwitz], who wrote a script for us once,” Jean notes. (That script was Season 23’s “The Falcon and the D’ohman.”) Also surprising: the La La Land parody involves a love triangle between Lisa, Sheeran’s character and… Nelson? (“Milhouse doesn’t even make the cut in this one,” Jean says with a laugh.)

BONUS SPOILER!: Season 29 will feature the return of director Llewellyn Sinclair, voiced by Jon Lovitz.
X

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)

Thanks for the latest.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:44 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the spoilage.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

anything new?