Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Total Fan

I am terribly sad that I don't get HBO in my college dorm room. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I guess I'll be forced to download it.

Misako
Shimmer
RBD
Weathernite
OWL
Legolas' Arrow #15
Orli and Ewan's Style-Ologist
#2 of Orli's Harem
Literati
Old 02-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Total Fan

PERFECTION!!
Old 02-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ¤}{îÖ¤:
<STRONG>
[img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] but Sex is gone, and it's gone for good. But it was an excellent ride!
</STRONG>
Maybe not gone for good?

From Foxnews.com

Quote:
'Sex' May Hit the Big Screen

Friday, February 20, 2004

NEW YORK — This weekend may not be the swan song for "Sex and the City." (search) The series' top executive, Michael Patrick King, and the show's cast is in discussions with HBO about a movie that would continue the saga of the four New York City friends, HBO spokeswoman Tobe Becker said Thursday.

Becker would not comment specifically on a Variety report that HBO is trying to wrap up deals with series stars Sarah Jessica Parker (search), Kim Cattrall (search), Cynthia Nixon (search) and Kristin Davis (search) to bring their roles to the big screen.

While movie adaptations of popular TV shows are fairly common, it's far more unusual to bring the original cast of a TV show to a movie played in theaters.

The final episode of the HBO series is to air Sunday with the question lingering: Will Carrie Bradshaw ditch her artist boyfriend in Paris and return to the city she loves and/or Big, her philandering former flame?

Edited versions of the HBO series will begin appearing on cable's TBS later this year
And, John. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Too bad we never got to hear her say "John". But for some reason he just doesn't seem like "John" to me. Is that weird?
Old 02-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Magical*~:
<STRONG>And, John. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Too bad we never got to hear her say "John". But for some reason he just doesn't seem like "John" to me. Is that weird?</STRONG>
no it's not! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] he doesn't sound like a John to me either...

Ok, my "recap" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

it was just wonderful...

i actually was standing the whole 45 minutes it lasted, i was so anxious i couldn't sit down!

Miranda... ohh, i just felt the tears coming up. When Magda kissed her i lost it. She's totally, a 1000% in love with Steve and her family. I'm so happy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Charlotte its getting her baby and i was bawling my eyes out. The scene with the dogs crossing the street was just the perfect touch. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Samantha and Smith? [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] i adore their relationship! He's totally in love with her, that's something we "learned" tonight, but it was something we all knew, or at least me, since the "Hold my hand"-episode. the flowers? excelent touch! their last scene together? TOTALLY samantha! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Carrie? ohh, carrie... i for one i'm happy the thing with Alek ended, he took her for granted the whole time they were together. I was so pissed she didn't go to her party, and decided to accompany (sp?) Alek to his whatever-it-was. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] she moved to Paris to be with him, but she needed to have a life independent of him. and in their breakup i feel it was about time she stood up for herself. i'm sorry to say, but Miranda was right, she moved to Paris to avoid "falling down a window".

OMG, Big's reaction in the hotel lobby (post Carrie's breakup with Alek)?! PRICELESS! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

The most important thing that came out was them getting together and FINALLY being a couple, 100% devoted to each other on both sides. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Big's first name is John! John! Can you believe it? finally we know his name! It's John! (it's so beautiful the way the viewer finds out)

Overall it was just perfect. I know some people aren't gonna be happy with the fact that Carrie ended up with Big after all he put her through, but if you keep thinking it's only a TV show, that' the way it was supposed to end. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I loved the farewell episodes/documentaries. Excellent touch on HBO's part.
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Old 02-22-2004, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

I'm sooooo happy that Carrie and Big ended up together! I thought the episode was rather blah, though. I wanted more Carrie/Big scenes. Could've done without all the Alex stuff. And I was so rooting for Big to run up to his room and knock the living daylights out of him. It was still funny, though, how Carrie stopped him. Then when she goes to answer he phone, "I'm like who the hell is John?! She's moved on already from Big!" Then we hear his voice and learn what his name really is. Awwww. I'll be curious to see what the other two endings were and am glad to know that we'll get to see them on the DVD.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~ CherylS ~~:
<STRONG>PERFECTION!!</STRONG>

So I see you watch sex and the city too. I haven't seen the ep yet (u know why) but I was maybe the only one who didn't want carrie to end up with Big.

Wilson: No, you're not afraid of authority, you're afraid she actually is right for you. You're afraid to take a chance, because it's too big a chance. If it doesn't work with her, then maybe there's no one out there.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeyAnne:
<STRONG>Carrie never knew his real name. This was mentioned on the pre-show. He never opened up to her enough to share that with her. So...that's the "big" moment. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Mikey</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Of course she knew his name!

When his wedding was announced in the paper, do you think that his name was omitted?

She called him Big...for Mr. Big..as in Mr. Bigshot.

They are now in a grownup relationship. so she calls him by his real name.

Claudia
Old 02-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I would have thought the same thing, but in the preshow farewell, Michael Patrick King said something to the effect that "Carrie can never know his name, thus, she can never really know him." And, in another interview, one of the female producers said something like, "In six years, he's never told her his name."

Now that Carrie's the one...she knows it. And can use it. Could she have looked it up? Yes. In the real world...would she have looked it up? Of course...but, at least according to one of the writers - until last night...it was something Carrie could "never know."

Just my thoughts...but MPK is the reason why I'm thinking that.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ,

Mikey
Old 02-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by m&m fkan:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Of course she knew his name!

When his wedding was announced in the paper, do you think that his name was omitted?

She called him Big...for Mr. Big..as in Mr. Bigshot.

They are now in a grownup relationship. so she calls him by his real name.

Claudia</STRONG>
I was thinking the same thing today. I don't think she actually called him "Mr. Big" to his face...I think that was just a code with her friends. She has known him for six years, she obviously knows his name. And the wedding announcement wouldn't leave that out...it's kind of a vital thing!

*You said we were an accident
With accidents you’ll never know what could have been
So we were an accident
You’ll always be my favorite one* MCS
Old 02-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

I gotta agree on the name. She knew who he was from the very beginning. He was some big-time wheeler and dealer with lots of money. And she is not a nut. She would not date, get serious, and fall in love with someone whose name she didn't know. I taped the pre-show clips and will have to watch them. If they say something like that, they have to be joking. She is not a complete fruitloop, and that is what it would mean for her if she didn't know, plus that she was stupid. As everyone says, she saw him in the newspapers before and of couse his wedding annoucements was mentioned. She met his wife for god's sake.

I'm really glad she ended up with him too. I would have liked to see a lot more of that instead of so much time on someone who treated her badly all episode. But I suppose we got that to show that she wasn't desperate for any relationship and it led her to Big who she knew so well and who knew her and loved her the way she was. That is what I keep telling myself anyway, as I lust for at least one more scene with the new again couple.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:48 AM
MST Manager

It was a perfect ending for the show, coming full circle after it started. I really loved it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NikNak:
<STRONG>It was a perfect ending for the show, coming full circle after it started. I really loved it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yes ! ITA. Mr Big ! I so looooved the character ! I wanted too much that Carrie ended with Big... John I mean [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And I really loved the neckless thing : finding herself : that was clever. She found love but she's not "devoured" by a man. That's perfect ending.
But I'm so sad ! It's finish [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 04:38 PM
MST Manager

The show, Sex & The City, has finished its run on HBO, so this thread will be closed since there will be no further spoilers or upcoming episodes for this TV series. Please continue discussing the show and past episodes that have already aired on the SATC Thread here at FF on the Television Board. Thanks for being here with us on the Spoilers Board, and hopefully, we'll continue to see you around on other threads. If you have any questions, feel free to PM either one of us. Take care! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nikki