Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2016, 07:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Hmmm I get what u mean but that to me it would take away from what Wolfie/Kala have. That's kind of already their story so I don't want Kala to have this dilemma with Rajan as well. If it hardens her up a little, I'm ok with that.

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 12-23-2016, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Hmmm I get what u mean but that to me it would take away from what Wolfie/Kala have. That's kind of already their story so I don't want Kala to have this dilemma with Rajan as well. If it hardens her up a little, I'm ok with that.
Oh yeah I'm only wanting it for more character development with Kala.

I loved the episode so much. It was amazing.

The introduction of new Capheus was nice. He seems more serious than the original one. Less smiles and sunshine.

Poor Sun now has to deal with her brother trying to kill her in prison .

Will was a mess, but I love that Riley is with him and keeping him as together and sane as she can. I hope we see her in more of a leadership position in s2 now that Will is pretty much out of commission for the time being.

Nomi and Amanita were perfect. I love that Amanita isn't shying away from the danger and she has Nomi's back 100%. Also love that she is just so chill about the whole sensate thing and is actively looking for reports and stories to understand it.

Kala had me in stitches with her scenes with Wolfgang. That was too funny with the sex scene. "That's immoral" . Guh I just want them together . Also I'm more convinced now that Rajan is evil. No man would be that understanding and chill about his wife not having sex on their honeymoon, spraining his penis…not once yelling or fighting. Evil. I know it.

Wolfgang was perfect . Happy he got Felix back, but I'm definitely worried about him. That last scene doesn't bode well for his life in Berlin.

Lito's whole story was the MVP for me. He was the best part of the episode imo. He and Hernando are just amazing .

Favorite things about the episode: seeing the sensates that didn't interact much or at all in s1 get a chance to do so in this. All the Wolfgang and Kala scenes were amazing. Riley and Will ice skating together were so sweet and a nice break from the sadness and fear they have had to endure. Lito's mom was amazing. Sun having a lot of scenes with the others that wasn't just about fighting.

Just a great episode.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Absolute Fan

What a beautiful episode! I loved it, really hit the heart strings

I have only watched it once and feel like I need to watch it again so get the full effect and be able to discuss it properly. When I do, i'll be back

Old 12-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait to hear your thoughts .
Old 12-28-2016, 08:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Felt a little annoyed at the fact that so many Kalagang scenes were cut from the promo..

This scene

was supposed to also have THIS!!

same outfit, same location same everything and they didn't put it in...

Old 12-28-2016, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't even notice that was missing. Maybe we'll see it in the new season? I hope.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Addicted Fan

WTF? They cut a beautiful Kala/Wolfgang moment? But...why? If Rajan isn't evil, I'm totally confused about where the hell Kala's story is going. Tina in the red lingerie was a total treat though. And Wolfgang getting all boyish and showing off his bedroom skills....

Lito's story was just so beautiful. That first scene with Hernandez teaching his class was gold. And the moment with the gorgeous Mama.

I'm usually bleh about Will but the arc with his dad actually hurt. It's the simple stuff that gets me.

Oh Sun. God the prison stuff had me crying as much as Lito.

"Happy ****ing New Year" is the quote of the decade. Thanks Wolf.

Perfect episode. Loved everything tbh. (not totally sure about the recast, but I'll live with it).
Old 01-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Elite Fan

I need to see more of the new Capheus before I can fully judge him. I don't know about the chemistry though because the original Capheus had it in leaps and bounds with everyone and now I feel like it's missing, especially with Jela.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, the chemistry isn't the same anymore.

On the shallow note, I think it part of it is the actors' different physical presence. I love Aml but as cute as he is, he isn't a hunk per se. But Toby is very model-esque, tall and fit as heck. He's never gonna be the cute cuddly teddy type that comes so naturally to Aml. But who knows, maybe he can grow into it.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

It's the smile for me . Aml was like a ray of sunshine with his smile and I don't get the same vibe from the new Capheus.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:58 PM
Absolute Fan

I agree about aml being cute and the new guy having more model type appearance. Def makes a difference since capheus is supposed to be this super sweet spirited young thing.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:15 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Felt a little annoyed at the fact that so many Kalagang scenes were cut from the promo..

same outfit, same location same everything and they didn't put it in...
Well, that sucks.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Just saw the trailer, why did they replace the actor of Capheus? Another actor for a character on a TV show seems weird to be honest.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Just saw the trailer, why did they replace the actor of Capheus? Another actor for a character on a TV show seems weird to be honest.
I believe there was tension during a table read between the actor and a producer that escalated to more when filming started. He ended up leaving a couple episodes into filming s2. I'm not really sure on what the issues were though.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow thanks Kara, I wasn't aware of all the table read stuff. It's super sad though. Aml is a ray of sunshine

Closed Thread   Post New Thread