Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't see how Olivia would be any more pathetic for going back to Fitz than Melle is for staying with him.

Bellamy was good in the last scene of episode 2 with Fitz but overall, I find her too theatrical. Then again, most of the acting on the show is over the top. lol

Papa Pope is the best character on the show as far as I'm concerned. Everyone else has been ruined. I still root for Olivia and Fitz because of the chemistry, because Tony makes me feel for Fitz in spite of the writing.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I don't see how Olivia would be any more pathetic for going back to Fitz than Melle is for staying with him.

Bellamy was good in the last scene of episode 2 with Fitz but overall, I find her too theatrical. Then again, most of the acting on the show is over the top. lol

Papa Pope is the best character on the show as far as I'm concerned. Everyone else has been ruined. I still root for Olivia and Fitz because of the chemistry, because Tony makes me feel for Fitz in spite of the writing.
Yup for Papa Pope but he will bite the dust for sure. I just hope he kills Fitz as well. I can't have this buffoon one more season.
The only interesting characters are Mama Pope, Papa Pope and Sally.
Sadly, two of them are missing for now.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Because Mellie is getting something out of staying, whereas Olivia is not. Mellie still has love for him despite herself, but that's not the reason she stays. She gets to be first lady and have power and influence. Olivia being with Fitz gets her nothing but emotional abuse and lowering self respect.

I honestly don't see any chemistry between Tony and Kerry, or at least not anything special. Objectively, I don't suppose they lack chem, but their scenes are so disgusting to me because of Fitz's overall awfulness, they just make me uncomfortable and angry so yeah, I don't see any chemistry. But if I did, I don't think any amount would help me overlook how unhealthy, abusive and manipulative that relationship is to root for it.

All the acting on this show is pretty patchy to me. Kerry has very little range (indignation, lip quaver, yelling, lather rinse repeat), David's everything comes off so robotic, but the guy who plays Huck is the absolute worst. I cannot believe they continue to give him material to embarrass himself with. Joe Morton and Kate Burton are probably the stand outs, but I think Bellamy is consistently great and and so is Jeff Perry.

I loved Papa Pope at the beginning but his schtick got old. They overdid his reads so much and they lost their effect because of it.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Elite Fan

I think in this show everyone manipulates: Olivia, Cyrus, Eli, Maya, Mellie, Jake, Fitz, Abby, David, Quinn and Huck. Everyone.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

^ They are all deeply flawed characters
Old 10-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Summed up my feelings perfectly. I hate Olitz, but I HATE Fitz and like Olivia so I prefer her away from that toxic relationship. Its the same tired routine and it makes her look so weak. They fight, have sex, then there are tears, and fight again, with more sex. Like been there done that. So while I'm no big Olake fan I do like Jake as a character and if it keeps her away from Fitz then I'll be team Olake in the mean time.

Bellamy deserves an Emmy! The thing with Mellie is that she's still a vindictive you know what, but we now have reasons to why she's the way she is. No one would say she's perfect, cause she's far from it, but I understand her, I feel for her, and it makes me root for her.

Right now I'm liking Olivia again. She's the strong and driven woman I fell in love with in S1.
That's another thing I've enjoyed so far, Liv seems to be the old Liv I fell in love with and why I started watching the show but like someone else said it's probably inevitable she will start acting pathetic again. I hope not, cause I hated that about her (along with the hypocrisy) last season. The writing for Liv last season really made me dislike her. As for Fitz he stays in the same hole. he's been written as a hypocritical, abusive prick who sees people as his possessions since S2. That will never change, in the sneak peek he's already being an ahole to Abby, the usual Fitz. Just reminds me why I hate him, and eventually he will go back to talking to Liv that way and trying to control her as always. When Liv lets Fitz treat her as his doormat it stifles her character every single time. Until then I'll enjoy S1 Liv and her being in control of her work, life, and love life.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
Because Mellie is getting something out of staying, whereas Olivia is not. Mellie still has love for him despite herself, but that's not the reason she stays. She gets to be first lady and have power and influence. Olivia being with Fitz gets her nothing but emotional abuse and lowering self respect.
I'm sorry but that just makes Mellie sound like a horrible person. Using someone/thing for personal gain is not a positive trait, especially when you aren't actually getting anything out of it. Mellie has gained no real power or influence. Every time she's tried to wield any power, she's been slapped down. Good rarely comes to those who try to use others...something Mellie should know since nothing good has come to her while clinging to her title. She's a miserable mess and I feel absolutely no sympathy for her.

Not going to debate the chemistry argument since it's subjective but point me to one healthy relationship on the show? I don't watch this show wanting or yearning for healthy relationships because I know none are forthcoming. I watch for those moments between the actors that makes me feel for the characters, makes me root for them, despite the preposterous setups and writing. And no one does that better for me than Tony and Kerry.

As for Papa Pope, I don't see how his reads are any more overdone than Mellie's antics. I'd love to see more of him, particularly with his daughter. This show needs more Olivia, her POV, her backstory and less of everything else.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And no one does that better for me than Tony and Kerry.

NEW SNEAK

Last edited by Srta_Parker; 10-07-2014 at 01:32 PM
Old 10-08-2014, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, love Jake
Old 10-08-2014, 06:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
Me too.

And, my love for Scott Foley holds no bounds.
This. Scott Foley is everything. I prefer Jake and I haven't forgotten anything he's done. He is however not married so that's a plus. I used to like Liv and Fitz, but it didn't take me long to tire of the back and forth between them and with Liv not wanting to be the mistress one minute and then still going in on it in the next. I just find the character is better away from the summoning and whining.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

So glad Scott is on this show he and Huck are my favorites
Old 10-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Love Huck. I really want to know what happened with his family. Ugh, the bits and pieces of his story drive me crazy.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 10-08-2014, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

I love Huck. For me is like a teddy bear I always want to hug him.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:14 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I'm sorry but that just makes Mellie sound like a horrible person. Using someone/thing for personal gain is not a positive trait, especially when you aren't actually getting anything out of it. Mellie has gained no real power or influence. Every time she's tried to wield any power, she's been slapped down. Good rarely comes to those who try to use others...something Mellie should know since nothing good has come to her while clinging to her title. She's a miserable mess and I feel absolutely no sympathy for her.

Not going to debate the chemistry argument since it's subjective but point me to one healthy relationship on the show? I don't watch this show wanting or yearning for healthy relationships because I know none are forthcoming. I watch for those moments between the actors that makes me feel for the characters, makes me root for them, despite the preposterous setups and writing. And no one does that better for me than Tony and Kerry.

As for Papa Pope, I don't see how his reads are any more overdone than Mellie's antics. I'd love to see more of him, particularly with his daughter. This show needs more Olivia, her POV, her backstory and less of everything else.
Gosh where do I begin with this one since thanks to shonda its complex. Mellie is with Fitz because she gave up everything for him. Her life, her potential career, and let her rapist get away to further Fitz, while also living with this burden of her child's father for 15 years. If she leaves him, its as if all of that would have been for nothing.

I do like Huck and I even like the Huck/Quinn thing. I'm gonna call it a thing cause I don't know what else to call it. But they need to stop the spitting!!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
This. Scott Foley is everything. I prefer Jake and I haven't forgotten anything he's done. He is however not married so that's a plus. I used to like Liv and Fitz, but it didn't take me long to tire of the back and forth between them and with Liv not wanting to be the mistress one minute and then still going in on it in the next. I just find the character is better away from the summoning and whining.
I used to like Olitz too but I stopped liking them in S2 when Fitz started to treat Liv like crap (which he still does and it will never stop) That elevator scene was the beginning of the end for me. I was sick of the repetitive and boring back and forth, how pathetic it makes Liv looks (she goes from thinking she is better to keep being a married man's mistress to being in a motel with him with everyone outside waiting for them. Sad) and of course how verbally, emotionally, and mentally abusive he is to her but their abusive in general. I hate everything about the couple now. I prefer the strong and smart Liv that disappears when she is stuck in the toxic tar and quicksand of Olitz *gags*

I never got into Felicity so this is really the first show I've watched with SF, I freaking love Jake. His character is so interesting and like I've said, I love how he can easily keep up with Liv and doesn't just cater to what she wants. That sneak peek, I don't get Liv. Why the hell would Jake want to have dinner with her father who threw him in the hole, tortured him daily, and tried to kill him twice last season? I'm sick of Liv acting like Rowan is just a normal father, he is a murderer, always lies to her, and put Edison in the hospital. He also killed Jerry and Harrison (which I bet Jake will uncover so go Jake) putting that insanity aside, the fact that Liv asked Jake to have dinner with her father is another thing showing their relationship isn't just sex to her and that her feelings run deep. You can tell he is putting up this wall with her to prevent himself from getting hurt. I'm enjoying their scenes so much.

I'm glad y'all still like Huck, I LOVED Huck until last season when the sickness with Quinn started. Now everything about him literally makes me sick. I do wonder what happened with his family, sure we will find out later but my guess is his wife rejected them and seeing how deranged and sick Huck has become sorry but I think his wife and son should run like hell.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 10-08-2014 at 10:21 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread