Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Glad to see a thread for this show here at Spoilers!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 10-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

99% of the characters on Scandal are murderers, I think people forget that Fitz is a murderer too. He killed Verna and blew up an airplane with 300 people on it. Huck (who is the clear unstable ex B613 agent, not Jake. Jake has never come across unstable) has killed HUNDREDS of people and tortured Quinn, stripped her naked, licked her face, and pulled her teeth out (amazes me there isn't more outrage over their relationship after everything Huck did to her) Cyrus put out a hit on a pregnant woman, happily smiled over letting a bomb blow up a church full of innocent people, Rowan killed an innocent child, Charlie has killed many people, Hollis blew up a building to cover his felony, etc. As for the overblown "choking" of Liv, of course I hated it and don't condone it BUT Liv's foolish decision to go behind his back and use his feelings for her to shut down B613 (which was only shut down for like a day, so what was the point) was a threat of national security and cause of what she did, they lost track of the bomb and she almost got a church blown up. The thing is some literally overrate any tiny thing Jake does but turn a blind eye to what others, especially Fitz does. Physical, how about all the time Fitz has grabbed Liv or kissed her or initiated sex when she told him no and not to touch her? Or the time they were in the elevator and he kept grabbing Liv and trying to kiss on her when she was fighting him and slapping him before Mellie walked in (some might disagree but that could of been a possible sexual assault, she kept telling him to stop and he kept on going. Who knows how far it would of gotten if Mellie didn't interrupt them) Huck threw her against a car and chocked her, and Quinn pulled a gun on her but of course people overblow anything Jake does when others have done worse to her or treated her worse. Her own father treats her like crap too and lies to her constently, killed Harrison and has lied to her again. In general I just find it hypocritical how much hatred Jake gets when others have done the same or most of them, have done WORSE. Huck is the serial killer and gets off on killing like it's a drug (like when he killed that remington pilot when Rowan left him gift rapped for him) and gets off on killing. From what we have seen Jake has only killed that girl that broke in Liv's apartment and James (who he felt bad about but it was buisness. Just like Cyrus killing a pregnant Amanda was just buisness to protect the President to him. When Jake killed James at least he didn't take pleasure in it like say Huck and Cyrus seem to do) So Jake is just one of many characters on Scandal that have killed but he seems to be the only one called out on it. Lastly, I don't care about JM's tweets when they come across all bitter. I think he says these things cause his character will most likely not be long for the show, I predict he will be gone by the second half of this season.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 10-05-2014 at 08:21 PM
Old 10-05-2014, 08:49 PM
MST Manager

I haven't forgotten what Jake did. I just don't give a damn. He is, by far, my favorite character on the show. I like him and Olivia together, but if they don't stay together, that's fine. I like Olivia and Fitz together too.

Besides, I do not think that any character on this show has a right to throw stones or judge another.

ETA: Thanks for starting a thread for this show.

Last edited by NikNak; 10-06-2014 at 09:44 AM
Old 10-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
99% of the characters on Scandal are murderers, I think people forget that Fitz is a murderer too. He killed Verna and blew up an airplane with 300 people on it. Huck (who is the clear unstable ex B613 agent, not Jake. Jake has never come across unstable) has killed HUNDREDS of people.
You are right. Jake is not unstable...he's cold and calculated which is much worse than being unstable, lol. Seriously, all I'm saying is that Jake is really no better than anyone else on the show. Both he and Fitz are incredibly flawed. I don't excuse anything Fitz has done and I don't think Jake should be excused either and IMO, there was no excuse for him putting his hands on Liv.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I judge everyone on the show by the same standard since almost everyone is in the same boat (IE murder and other crimes) but I've just seen some people literally crucify Jake for sneezing while others (especially Fitz) are excused for everything or even worse crimes like killing kids, pregnant women, sexual assault or rape, blowing up planes and buildings with multiple casualties, etc. Some people judge Jake hardcore but excuse and ignore what others have done. I don't see Jake as unstable, cold, or calculated. He's just good at reading people and situations, and is smart. Yeah, there is no excuse for him putting his hands on Liv just like Fitz and Huck aren't excused for it except I see them excused for it all the time while Jake grabbed (not choked) Liv once for almost getting many people killed. In general my point is when it comes to Jake some are just so hypocritical and he isn't judged by the same standard as everyone else. Like I said, Jake could blow his nose and somehow he is labled the antichrist. I've seen it so many times so that is why I bring all this up and the way I do but he has many fans as well so it's all good, just biased and hypocritical.

Nik, exactly besides Liv (if you ignore the election rigging and how she threw some people under the bus to cover it up) David, and Abby they are all covered in dirt. If Scandal didn't have 99% of murderers, liars, cheaters, etc. I would be more hard on Jake and others but since he is in good company with people that have done the same or worse, it is what it is IMO.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for starting a thread for this show.
You´re welcome

Quote:
Glad to see a thread for this show here at Spoilers!
Happy to see all of you here!!! If you love the show you can join us in the Scandal board

Scandal - Fan Forum

And about the topic. I don´t hate Jake. I like him and I think he´s good for Olivia the problem is that she´s not in love with him. She´ll always love Fitz even he´s the wrong choice, even though she knows she´ll never be happy with him at least till he stops being president. Because the heart doesn´t choose, it loves what it loves and Olivia is madly in love with Fitz.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Supreme Fan

Honestly Olivia should just find a new man cause her back to forth thing with Fitz/Jake is annoying and considering the crap they have done to her I'm not sure she loves herself.

I do vastly prefer Jake though since I just find Fitz vile, hypocritical, selfish, and not even an interesting character

But team Mellie!!!! I will say she's become such an amazing character. The fact I went from being indifferent to her, to her becoming my favorite character has to do with the amazing writing for her.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:46 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
I do vastly prefer Jake though
Me too.

And, my love for Scott Foley holds no bounds.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Honestly Olivia should just find a new man cause her back to forth thing with Fitz/Jake is annoying and considering the crap they have done to her I'm not sure she loves herself.

I do vastly prefer Jake though since I just find Fitz vile, hypocritical, selfish, and not even an interesting character

But team Mellie!!!! I will say she's become such an amazing character. The fact I went from being indifferent to her, to her becoming my favorite character has to do with the amazing writing for her.
I agree with everything. Neither Fitz nor Jake are great for Liv and she should find someone else, but I loathe Fitz as a whole character outside of just his relationship with Olivia (though that's probably the worst for me), whereas I like Jake's character and what he adds, if that makes sense. I don't really care about his relationship with Olivia, but if it keeps her away from Fitz, I'm all for it.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

SOS and Semm, I agree in a way. I do agree with how y'all feel about Fitz, I haven't liked him since he started treating Liv like crap in S2 and I've been over him and his bs since. I do like Jake's character alot but at the end of the day, I just don't want Liv with Fitz. She can do better but like I said, I bet more than anything she will end the series alone. She won't be with Fitz or any man IMO.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Olivia finding someone new is pointless, considering that Shonda will likely just destroy them too. lol

Jake is really no different than Fitz, In fact, I think he's worse. And I don't recall him apologizing to Liv for choking her. The unchecked violence against Olivia is the worst.

As for Melle, she's rather intolerable for me, namely because of her "whore" bashing of Olivia and the fact that Shonda has completely whitewashed the character and turned her into a perpetual victim. Blah.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 10-06-2014 at 12:19 PM
Old 10-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I forgot to mention that Mellie is the best character left on this show now, and Bellamy kills it every time.

I'd root for Olivia again, but I know it's just inevitable until she falls back all over Fitz and starts acting pathetic again, so why bother.

I miss having people to root for on this show.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:50 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
I forgot to mention that Mellie is the best character left on this show now, and Bellamy kills it every time.
Bellamy is a phenomenal actress.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknak (View Post)
bellamy is a phenomenal actress.
ita
Old 10-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
I agree with everything. Neither Fitz nor Jake are great for Liv and she should find someone else, but I loathe Fitz as a whole character outside of just his relationship with Olivia (though that's probably the worst for me), whereas I like Jake's character and what he adds, if that makes sense. I don't really care about his relationship with Olivia, but if it keeps her away from Fitz, I'm all for it.
Summed up my feelings perfectly. I hate Olitz, but I HATE Fitz and like Olivia so I prefer her away from that toxic relationship. Its the same tired routine and it makes her look so weak. They fight, have sex, then there are tears, and fight again, with more sex. Like been there done that. So while I'm no big Olake fan I do like Jake as a character and if it keeps her away from Fitz then I'll be team Olake in the mean time.

Bellamy deserves an Emmy! The thing with Mellie is that she's still a vindictive you know what, but we now have reasons to why she's the way she is. No one would say she's perfect, cause she's far from it, but I understand her, I feel for her, and it makes me root for her.

Right now I'm liking Olivia again. She's the strong and driven woman I fell in love with in S1.