Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Aguirre-Sacasa also told us this:

"As Jughead and Betty's relationship deepens and develops before the end of the season, Archie is going to feel conflicted about that, because I do think that there is a part of Archie that kind of always thought, rightly or wrongly by the way, oh I kind of thought that I was meant to be with Betty, or she was meant to be with me, after I figured out my stuff and maybe Betty had figured out her stuff. Mostly it's Archie figuring out his stuff, and we would end up together, and that's not necessarily what Betty thinks, and definitely not what Jughead thinks."
Where Are Riverdale's Romances Going? The Cast Sounds Off on the Future of the Love Quadrangle | E! News Australia
Old 05-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds like some progress on Archie starting to see he may have feeling for Betty. a step in the right direction, and in terms of the triangle.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

My issue with Archie is how many girls he pays attention to. He's a teen guy, it might even be realistic but it just seems like he's never satisfied with the one he's with. Why would he even have time to think about Betty when he's clearly developing something with Veronica? I just wish he wouldn't jump from girl to girl with actions and even thoughts. I think that's why so many cannot embrace the character.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
My issue with Archie is how many girls he pays attention to. He's a teen guy, it might even be realistic but it just seems like he's never satisfied with the one he's with. Why would he even have time to think about Betty when he's clearly developing something with Veronica?
Exactly. It's like he always wants what he can't have and then when he has it, he moves on to something else. We saw him giving Bughead weird glances, but then he seemed to move on with Veronica so I thought we could avoid this ridiculousness.

But I'm also quite intrigued by this bit:
Quote:
Mostly it's Archie figuring out his stuff, and we would end up together, and that's not necessarily what Betty thinks, and definitely not what Jughead thinks."
Does it mean we get to see Betty's or especially Jughead's reaction to Archie's feelings?
Old 05-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

Old 05-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Archie wanted to have the relationship talk with Veronica last week, now before the end of the season he wants Betty? I can't. I'd love to see Jugheads reaction if Archie says something.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Old 05-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

So Archie is gonna be potential drama for Buggie and not the secret sibling? No wayyyy, I'm speechless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
Archie wanted to have the relationship talk with Veronica last week, now before the end of the season he wants Betty? I can't. I'd love to see Jugheads reaction if Archie says something.
And let's not forget he moved onto Veronica after Val dumped him. They can't expect us to take this seriously when it's so unrealistic of him to like everyone every other week.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Supreme Fan

Ah yes. The same night he wanted to get back with Val, he switched to Veronica .

Hmmm that sneak peek. I just have a hard time feeling for Cheryl. I want to like her, really, but ughhhh.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
Ah yes. The same night he wanted to get back with Val, he switched to Veronica .

Hmmm that sneak peek. I just have a hard time feeling for Cheryl. I want to like her, really, but ughhhh.
I hate the way her parents treat her and I feel bad about her loss, but when you put those aside, I don't really like her
Old 05-04-2017, 03:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Riverdale Exclusive: The Parents Don't Believe FP Was Framed - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Riverdale: The Adult Characters Are More Compelling Than the Teens, and That's a Problem - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Riverdale: Did Mary Kill Jason Blossom? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Airs: Thursday, May 11 at 9/8c
Who killed Jason Blossom? Was it Fred (Luke Perry)? Was it FP (Skeet Ulrich)? Was it (old man) Smithers? The truth behind Jason's murder has been the central mystery guiding Riverdale's soapy first season, and fans will know the answer by the time the credits roll on the finale. That means you better get your bets in place beforehand! In addition to wrapping up the season-long mystery, we'll also find out which way Archie (KJ Apa) is leaning in the still-largely-untested Betty (Lili Reinhart) and Veronica (Camila Mendes) love triangle as the show sets up a second season that potentially will take a turn into the supernatural.
Must-Watch Finales: Scoop on Your Favorite Shows

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 05-04-2017 at 04:08 PM
Old 05-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't really see Archie have all that much of romantic interest in Betty at all this season so if he does in the last episode just for them to cement Bughead's love will annoy me. I just don't think the writing has been there to support him caring all of a sudden.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Its possible for the writers to lie. Nothing has indicated or shown Archie having an romantic interest in Betty. Didn't see it tonight and it's unlikely next week in finale. Archie and Veronica grow closer in finale is what the description says.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
So Archie is gonna be potential drama for Buggie and not the secret sibling? No wayyyy, I'm speechless
No freaking way.

I think that RAS quote about Archie being jealous of Betty/Jug is taken out of context from an older interview--probably back when they were teasing Archie's conflicted feelings. As of right now there has been ZERO reason to think Archie is going to turn around in episode 13 and start crushing on Betty. And if he does, that's a pretty big slap in the face to Veronica, with whom he *just* started a relationship (not that this has stopped him before, but KJ did tease that Archie would finally settle down by the end of the season).

Actually, I don't care what Archie feels. I just want Betty and Jug to have some awesome scenes before the inevitable cliffhanger that will leave everything up in the air. dun dun DUN!
Old 05-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I didn't really see Archie have all that much of romantic interest in Betty at all this season so if he does in the last episode just for them to cement Bughead's love will annoy me. I just don't think the writing has been there to support him caring all of a sudden.
NONE AT ALL.

It would be dumbest thing ever if Archie suddenly has feelings in the finale. Especially with everything else going on. Like, wtf. That'd be SO dumb.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread