Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Betty and Serena couldn't be more different, though. And, I'm sorry, but Veronica is no Blair Walforf!

If we are comparing the Riverdale ships to GG then Bughead would be the unexpected darkhorse who weren't initially conceived to be endgame, but have the potential to be because of their wild popularity, aka Chair... and while I love both ships, there is absolutely no means of comparison between them. Not even a little bit.

This'll be a fun game to play throughout the many months of hiatus, though.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by turambar (View Post)
The character is kind of an all over the place mess right now and so it's making it hard to root for him and any girl because it's hard to buy that he has any interest beyond five minutes in any of them. And you know what, in a way that kind of makes sense for a teenage boy. But when you have viewers wanting to ship and root for a couple, it's hard to do that with a character who seems to change his interest in girls in a heartbeat.
Yeah, pretty much. It's not exactly abnormal for teenagers, but we want to see him with one girl for a longer time.

Quote:
And then there are the viewers who don't care one way or the other and simply embrace what they like.
Which is still me.

I'm familiar with the comics, but they don't actually influence what I want the show. I want to see Betty/Archie because of what's on Riverdale. Not everybody is going to like Betty with Jughead. They're popular sure, but all couples will have people who like them and people who don't, regardless of 'source material'
Old 05-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Not everybody is going to like Betty with Jughead. They're popular sure, but all couples will have people who like them and people who don't, regardless of 'source material'
I think the point is that at the end of the day, the popular ship is always going to recur. For me personally, I always felt that it sucked to get invested in a pairing if I knew they were on borrowed time. If I know or suspect that one of the characters is going to end up with the fan fave, I almost feel like I'm wasting my time. That is, if I'm only watching the show for the pairing I like. It's different if I'm invested in other characters and storylines though. I can't say that I know what's going to happen in the end-end, but my experience with CW just leads me to assume how some things will turn out. But of course, I would never tell anyone it's pointless to like what they like, I'm just speaking for myself because I personally hate getting invested in something that I know is going to crash and burn. If I felt this way about bughead then I wouldn't bother shipping it heavily.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Which I get. (though in some cases I still don't regret shipping couples that weren't endgame, and they were so much better than any other coupling on that show)

I know CW's reputation, but still.. nothing is set on stone. We've only finished a short S1. I'll see how things are looking at the end of next season.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I assent a fan of chair in the late years so I don't want any of the ships to be like chair

I actually some NB moments their snow kiss was adorable

Last edited by fox24; 05-15-2017 at 07:37 PM
Old 05-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I would rather have no association with Chuck and Blair because...bleh, but they were talking more on the surprise popularity since they weren't even supposed to be anything huge, but the fans loved them (no idea why ).
Old 05-15-2017, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I am just not sure how much was a surprise since this show was pretty much all written before it aired and they clearly pre planned this focus on jb.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Is Luke Perry Really Leaving Riverdale?! | E! News

Riverdale: Here's What Luke Perry Wants for Fred in Season 2

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 05-19-2017 at 09:26 AM
Old 05-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the casting speculations.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Riverdale: New and Surprising Romances Are Coming in Season 2 | E! News

Quote:
Is it too early for Riverdale season 2 scoop? — Chandler
Not at all. In fact, I’ll be dishing out a lot of it this summer, so stay tuned! For now, I’ll tell you that we’ll see a very different Cheryl Blossom in season 2. “There’s so much she’s going to have to unpack about her father being the murderer and realizing that it’s just her and Penelope now,” EP Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa says. “It’s not going to get much easier for Cheryl in season 2.”
ew spoiler room

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 05-19-2017 at 03:35 PM
Old 05-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
Yeah I would rather have no association with Chuck and Blair because...bleh, but they were talking more on the surprise popularity since they weren't even supposed to be anything huge, but the fans loved them (no idea why ).
Well I understood in s1. I originally shipped them Nate started out ignoring Blair of course I think it was because he had family pressure and Chuck paid attention to her and treated her well and that had chemistry. However later on I felt treated her worse
Old 05-19-2017, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting
Old 05-20-2017, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

I'm really excited about Josie/Reggie. Actually, I'm really excited about Mayor McCoy's reaction to Josie/Reggie.

icon
Old 05-29-2017, 04:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

[VIDEO] ‘Riverdale’ Season 2 Preview — Cole Sprouse Interview | TVLine
Old 05-29-2017, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting