Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

They said they wanted reggie to have a bigger role too, I hope they do that next season. And I agree that the casting was perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
What I meant is someone different each ep or two. He's with Valerie, kissed Cheryl last episode, and then Veronica in the next. I agree that it's high school and there's usually a lot of kissing going on, and relationships come and go quickly, but I think it's bothersome to the audience (or fandom at least) and a lot of people are calling Archie all sorts of things because he's kissing all the girls.
He didn't reciprocate that kiss so I don't count it at all, he seemed pretty mad about it too. He had zero interest in Cheryl tbh, but sticking up for her from her family and the board was genuine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I don't really count Cheryl cause he didn't really want to be kissing her. It's just bad cause of the Grundy thing otherwise it's really been just Val/Veronica. I was glad Val dumped him though cause he was taking her for granted. I don't find Archie unlikeable just boring
Oh my gosh exactly, Archie is boring but I still like him, lol. I think overall he's a really good friend and son, although he had a few crappy friend moments that I can brush off since they were dealt with properly. I loved him for defending Cheryl too, whom I don't personally like but no kid deserves to be bullied by fully grown adults who are gossiping about her five feet away. The adults in this show are the worst besides Fred.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Oh my gosh exactly, Archie is boring but I still like him, lol. I think overall he's a really good friend and son, although he had a few crappy friend moments that I can brush off since they were dealt with properly. I loved him for defending Cheryl too, whom I don't personally like but no kid deserves to be bullied by fully grown adults who are gossiping about her five feet away. The adults in this show are the worst besides Fred.
Archie reminds me of Nate ARchibald--boring but not unlikeable (well minus some moments here and there).
Old 04-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

sorry for the dp
Old 04-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, I don't hate Archie either. To be perfectly honest, the way he's been depicted in the comics, the TV version is a breath of fresh air by comparison. He does have his not so great moments but overall boring is just fine by me.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

re: Cheryl and Archie. Poor word choice on my part. I know it was Cheryl who kissed Archie, and I don't blame him for it. But the fandom, from what I've seen, is still giving him hell.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

There's always going to be people in the fandom that won't be able to separate comic and tv show which is why I think Archie probably got unnecessary hell for Cheryl when he clearly had no romantic intentions toward her and was upfront about his intentions with her to everyone, including Val.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

It's come to a point where Archie gets hate just for breathing, and I get annoyed with him as much as the next person but I'm still aware he's just a kid. It just doesn't help that his friends are all more sharp and mature compared to him lol.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's hard to make a guy likeable when he is written as the neighbourhood bicycle. I like him, I just hope the writing will make him focus on one girl for awhile. And yeah compared to his friends who are spying on bikers, homeless and involved in murder investigations he is coming off way more juvenile then his friends But it's really not his fault.
Emily
Old 04-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

The problem with Archie is in the writing - namely, right out of the gate, making every girl want/flirt with him like he's the only guy in town/the best thing ever.

This is something they should be well aware of - I don't think it's surprising in the least that there's backlash towards the character because of it.

*Said by someone who doesn't hate Archie but does resent the writing for Archie when it comes to his interaction with the female characters. He's pretty cool in scenes with Jughead or his dad.

~Kat
Old 04-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

I don't have a problem with Archie being boring. That's pretty much the way I've always perceived comic!Archie, except he's a bit goofier in the comics--much more comic relief than teen angst. His naïveté can make me rme sometimes, but occasionally its endearing.

My biggest problem with the show is it's rapid-fire pace. They cram so much plot into every episode that none of the *moments* are given any breathing room. I want to enjoy every moment of the show, but it often feels choppy and disjointed, like there's so much more that's supposed to happen that's ended up on the cutting room floor. Probably because there is. Meanwhile, the stories I find less interesting tend to get far too much screen time (aka, Archie's music escapades). This last episode felt simultaneously rushed and draggy--I mean, I actually love Cheryl and find Blossom drama amusing, but how much time did we really need to spend with the maple tapping stuff?

Going back to the discussion of the promo from the last thread--I was surprised to see the upcoming Veronica/Archie makeout sesh because I didn't expect that budding relationship to fully bloom so soon, but I can't say the hints haven't been there. The writing's been on the wall for Veronica/Archie since they first laid eyes on each other in the pilot. Betty might have been crushing, but Archie/Ronnie were definitely established to have an instant connection. And I'm looking forward to seeing how it's played out amidst the crazy party shenanigans.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:54 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode 11 stills
Poor Juggie . Looks like Veronica is the one who duets with Archie.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
Episode 11 stills
poor jughead
Old 04-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the pics.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-10-2017 at 06:29 PM
Old 04-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
Episode 11 stills
Thanks for the pics