Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2017, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

Interesting. I wonder what other motives he could have to solve the murder. Perhaps he thinks its someone close to him that did it?

Quote:
I just assumed since they were filming in fall 2016 and because Jughead is narrating to us from the future. But I think Poligirl25 has a good point about season 2 probably being a direct continuation, which could make the events of the show start in the future. (And really I just would prefer Juggie to be 16, so I'll go with that!)
I think it would be really strange if they were supposed to be freshmen, so lets go with sophomores. lol.

No way Kevin is the klller. I will go with Cheryl's dad too but I am usually wrong about this stuff.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So far I go with sophmore. Like in most teen shows so they can extend the high school years Cheryl is suppose to be a senior but they could retcon her to junior to keep her longer unless she's the killer, which I doubt
Old 03-21-2017, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

They are definitely sophomores. That's been stated onscreen.

The fall 2016 vs fall 2017 thing hasn't been clarified, but it doesn't even matter since we'll likely find out Jughead's age at his birthday party which will solve that mystery (or make it more confusing if the production designers and writers weren't on the same page).

I assume that video refers to Jug's interest in Betty.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I also think that he's talking about Jughead's interest in (crush on?) Betty. He mentions them filming episodes 2 and 3 at the time and Jugs' feelings had yet to be revealed at that point. Although when I rewatch those episodes, it's definitely there and there are some little moments and hints. I'm just so glad Betty asked Jughead to join the B&G because I have so been enjoying that storyline.

I do hope they mention something during episode 10 about it being Juggie's Sweet 16 just so that mystery is cleared up. And I'm just at the fact they get him a hamburger-shaped birthday cake. I wonder if Reggie and the team will continue to bully Jughead now that he's part of the Scooby gang? Or if bad stuff continues to come out about FP and if FP possibly gets arrested, will that make him an outsider/target again?
Old 03-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poligirl25 (View Post)
I also think that he's talking about Jughead's interest in (crush on?) Betty. He mentions them filming episodes 2 and 3 at the time and Jugs' feelings had yet to be revealed at that point. Although when I rewatch those episodes, it's definitely there and there are some little moments and hints. I'm just so glad Betty asked Jughead to join the B&G because I have so been enjoying that storyline.

I do hope they mention something during episode 10 about it being Juggie's Sweet 16 just so that mystery is cleared up. And I'm just at the fact they get him a hamburger-shaped birthday cake. I wonder if Reggie and the team will continue to bully Jughead now that he's part of the Scooby gang? Or if bad stuff continues to come out about FP and if FP possibly gets arrested, will that make him an outsider/target again?
I thought Jughead was always friends with Archie and Betty? From what I saw it was just implied that JA had a falling out last summer, which I wonder if they'll ever revisit since we don't know what happened besides Archie cancelling their road trip to be with fake Grundy.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
I thought Jughead was always friends with Archie and Betty? From what I saw it was just implied that JA had a falling out last summer, which I wonder if they'll ever revisit since we don't know what happened besides Archie cancelling their road trip to be with fake Grundy.
According to RAS they all three were childhood friends though I think Betty and Jughead were more friends via Archie. I'm not sure there was more to the JA falling out other then Archie ditching him and their trip for Grundy and then never talking to him or apologizing about it. It seems like Archie ditched him then ignored him which is pretty crappy but he was in his own little Grundy sexing world. I don't know if Jughead is also estranged from Betty or if he's just isolated himself from her just like he has everyone else. But we go from him totally withdrawn in the pilot to starting to reconnect to others first through Archie and then through Betty. Now that he's part of the social circle, I'm wondering if Reggie and the others will ease up on the bullying.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
According to RAS they all three were childhood friends though I think Betty and Jughead were more friends via Archie. I'm not sure there was more to the JA falling out other then Archie ditching him and their trip for Grundy and then never talking to him or apologizing about it. It seems like Archie ditched him then ignored him which is pretty crappy but he was in his own little Grundy sexing world. I don't know if Jughead is also estranged from Betty or if he's just isolated himself from her just like he has everyone else. But we go from him totally withdrawn in the pilot to starting to reconnect to others first through Archie and then through Betty. Now that he's part of the social circle, I'm wondering if Reggie and the others will ease up on the bullying.
I think he was part of the circle before and was just distant for two eps because of Archie. If he and Betty are both mutually his best friend then I think it's rather obvious they've all been around each other before. I'd love to see flashbacks tbh
Old 03-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Camila and Lili mentioned on their Instagram live that they are making Season 2 much darker and intense than the first. So i'm really excited.

MKhay
Old 03-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

I'm for a more darker tone. I would be happy though if they eased up on the pop culture references. It worked with Gilmore Girls, it was ok in Gossip Girl, not feeling it in Riverdale. Seems like very forced dialogue to me.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream1ng (View Post)
Camila and Lili mentioned on their Instagram live that they are making Season 2 much darker and intense than the first. So i'm really excited.
I don't know how many times I hear actors say that. I have this feeling if Hiram is the villain then they may do the Hiram for Mayor storyline.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Poor V + sweet Beronica moment
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
I would be happy though if they eased up on the pop culture references. It worked with Gilmore Girls, it was ok in Gossip Girl, not feeling it in Riverdale. Seems like very forced dialogue to me.
Yessss. It's been very cringe inducing for me.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
There's more stills for ep 9 here
Old 03-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the pics
Old 03-21-2017, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
KJ keeps insisting that there's something else that happened between Archie and Jughead beyond the road trip blow off, but I don't know if I trust KJ's view of the narrative. However, I did read the prequel comic, which seems to suggest that Jug and Archie had drifted prior to the summer and that was supposed to be their way of rekindling their friendship. So, when it didn't happen...

I feel like Jughead was probably closer to both Archie and Betty prior to high school and then maybe the bullying made him retreat into the shadows. I doubt the bullying is going to stop now that Jughead is dating Betty-- I feel like it's only going to get worse. In fact, I'm pretty convinced (read: terrified) that the football team is going to be out to get both Betty and Jug specifically. Betty, for getting Chuck and his goons thrown off the team, and Jug, for his implication in Jason's murder. It's gonna get ugly.

Although, I'd rather if Reggie isn't involved in the bullying, because I like Reggie and I don't want him to hurt Juggie. I want them to begrudgingly be friends, like in the books.