Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2017, 04:33 AM
Supreme Fan

I've been thinking, what was the reference to Jughead dreaming about stabbing Archie in the back? Was that not revealed or is it about his dad being a serpent? Or the Betty thing? Even then I wouldn't consider those a back stab...

I'm still having to suspend reality with the fact that no one in the town has seen FP with the serpents jacket AND Jug's best friend didn't know his mom left town with his sister. It just seemed the his bad home situation shouldn't have been such a shock, since clearly there's been rough stuff going on since Jugheads childhood.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

I want to say that the "back stab" was about Betty and how Juggie was keeping it from Archie simply because in the dream they were a "couple" and then in reality Juggie seemed evasive when Archie was wondering about his relationship with Betty. Maybe he was feeling like he was betraying his friend by keep his feelings a secret?

I hope there's more to it though than just his feelings for Betty - especially considering he wasn't exactly subtle when he put his arm around her . If he was concerned about Archie's feelings then I don't get why he wasn't more careful. Maybe it has something to do with whatever happened on July 4th in relation to Jughead. He clearly wanted to go away with Archie for a reason so maybe it was about that .
Old 03-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I also think it was about Betty but I hope he stops with the guilt. I am the first person to say I hate when friends go for their best friend's crush or ex or whatever. I hate that so much actually. But Jughead didn't do anything wrong here. Betty and Archie had nothing going on romantically or Archie never confided in Jughead that he was even confused about his feelings for Betty. Jughead didn't do anything wrong. It's obvious based on last night's episode Archie is jealous. The looks, asking Jughead right away if they are romantically together all spell out jealousy. But Jughead didn't overstep or backstab Archie. Archie rejected Betty, never made it clear there was even a grayness going on with Betty. Even if the audience might realize this could be the case, Jughead or Betty never knew it.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

I do think it was an anxiety dream primarily about Archie's reaction to Jug dating Betty. Even though A/B never had a romantic connection, I think it was always understood that they'd be together someday and Jughead accepted that even while harboring his own feelings. That's why he didn't kiss Betty until after he knew for sure that she and Archie weren't a thing and weren't going to be a thing. And why he sighed with relief thereafter--because he probably thought he'd never get a chance to kiss her.

As for putting his hand on Betty's shoulder, I think that was reflexive. He wasn't thinking about who was watching, he just felt the need to comfort her without hesitation. I don't think he realized how obvious it looked until Archie approached him later. And then he was cagey about the whole thing, because he knows it must be a little weird from Archie's perspective.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ that
Old 03-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Or also to point out even when Jughead's dad questioned who Betty was and the camera panned on Archie for a moment saying "She's..." then quickly Jughead changed the subject not wanting to discuss his relationship with Betty out in the open in front of their dad's or even to Archie too. I believe in some way he's protective of his relationship with Betty. Hence automatically changing the topic to music and name of the band. Archie seems to still be processing all of it though but not sure if he's liking what is going on.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
I do think it was an anxiety dream primarily about Archie's reaction to Jug dating Betty. Even though A/B never had a romantic connection, I think it was always understood that they'd be together someday and Jughead accepted that even while harboring his own feelings. That's why he didn't kiss Betty until after he knew for sure that she and Archie weren't a thing and weren't going to be a thing. And why he sighed with relief thereafter--because he probably thought he'd never get a chance to kiss her.

As for putting his hand on Betty's shoulder, I think that was reflexive. He wasn't thinking about who was watching, he just felt the need to comfort her without hesitation. I don't think he realized how obvious it looked until Archie approached him later. And then he was cagey about the whole thing, because he knows it must be a little weird from Archie's perspective.
That makes sense. Jughead is a perceptive guy so he picked up on Archie's slightly jealous reaction.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Who cares what Archie thinks, he had his chance, he said he didn't like her that way so who cares if she and Juggie are dating now. Bug head is life ❤❤❤❤
Old 03-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the input, guys. See I thought the Betty thing, but then I thought, that's not a stab in the back. A/B never dated and Archie has "friend zoned" her so to speak, so that's why I thought the backstab was something else.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the dream
Old 03-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the dream, his crown was cute. Them being engaged too 💍💍💍
Old 03-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
“I think you can expect that Jughead will continue to deal with a lot of things from his family to his dad to the murder and you’ll see that it becomes too much for him so it will spiral into something that shows some amazing acting from Cole and then Jughead eventually breaks.”
'Riverdale' Star KJ Apa on Betty and Jughead's 'Good Chemistry,' TV Dad Luke Perry And Who Killed Jason Blossom | toofab.com

^^ I am so nervous and excited at the same time. Nervous because I know I'm going to feel every bit as much pain as Juggie does onscreen and excited because I want to see Cole act the hell out of all of it.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh Jughead. It's going to keep getting worse .

But I'm more concerned that KJ mentioned the triangle. I get eventually it's probably going to be explored, but does Archie need to have feelings for every girl in the first season? Geez.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)

^^ I am so nervous and excited at the same time. Nervous because I know I'm going to feel every bit as much pain as Juggie does onscreen and excited because I want to see Cole act the hell out of all of it.
Me too I have this feeling he's going to knock it out of the park. I think KJ may be the only one that believes the triangle is happening. Plus its interesting that when he talks about Archie being jealous, it sounds like romantically jealously, because when RAS/Cole talked about it, RAS/Cole made it sound like friendship jealously.

Last edited by dragonfire; 03-10-2017 at 10:42 PM
Old 03-11-2017, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

I read on Tumblr that Joaquin is just ~dating Kevin to get to his Dad for the Serpents? Anyone know if this is true or just a rumor?
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 03-11-2017, 07:45 AM
Supreme Fan

I don't understand why the triangle coming back is such a shock. It's been spoiled since comic con from writers and actors that it'll be a slow burn and then start up again. Archie picks Betty at the end of S1. We just don't know what else comes from that.