Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah that's an pretty interesting perspective.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah it seems Jughead's main goal may be his novel. But why do I get this feeling that he may start out helping Betty on the murder mystery because of his novel, but at some point he ends up developing romantic? feelings for her, and that's when he starts question himself is he still doing this for the novel? or is he now doing this for her? to help her find the answers she seeks? If this ends up happening, then I believe this may be some amazing character development for Jughead.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wouldn't mind seeing that if it's well written.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Well I thought this part of this interview from Vulture was interesting. Sprouse Says CW's Archie Show 'Riverdale' Is Trump Antidote
Quote:
Why is Jughead the narrator?

He’s more objective than the rest of the town. He is now, especially within this universe, a character that fits on the outside of his society, and I think that gives him an interesting perspective on the inner workings of it. It gives him the perfect point of view to say, “This person’s crazy, this person’s not crazy.” But I also think he’s the narrator because it flatters him. I think Jughead’s a selfish character. I think he really is. I really do feel like Jughead tries to influence people based on his own understanding of what they should be and his own understanding of himself. It’s quite vain to think, I’m so cool and on the outside of society that I can write about everybody. That’s not common at all among teenagers. [Laughs.]
Thanks for bringing that over. I'm glad Cole sees him that way because it means he'll probably continue being the resident pretentious nonconformist (and/or nonconformist wanna be ) I want him to be at least for a while. I would just disagree with him about "I’m so cool and on the outside of society" being a rare mindset among teens.

I'm curious about Betty/Jughead sl too.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Same here
Old 02-05-2017, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

I find it interesting that out of all the good? main characters the writers could of picked to be possible tragic characters, they ended up picking Betty/Jughead. I mean Betty has a Mom who is kinda of psycho, also Betty may have a darkside that may be slowing raising to the surface, and Jughead may have a Dad who is the leader of a criminal street? gang, and he may even have a dysfunctional relationship with his Dad.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah it is pretty interesting.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

Yep also I thought it was interesting that in the pilot when Betty was at Pops, she had a bright and shiny atmosphere around her. While when Jughead was at Pops, he had a dark and gloomy atmosphere around him. Plus Betty dresses in light clothes, while Jughead dresses in dark clothes. Really almost every character may have some interesting storylines, except maybe one? and that's Archie.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Archie definitely needs an interesting storyline.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Idk. On paper, he might have something. He does seem to be in some process of self-discovery/self-searching with realizing that he doesn’t want to follow in his father’s footsteps and pursuing his music thing instead. It’s just that so far it hasn’t been written interesting at all, at least not for me. And I love the artsy chara does art sls in general. When it’s executed well enough, it tends to be one of my fave sls (e.g. Lane/music and Jess/writing and publishing books on Gilmore Girls; or Felicty’s art/medicine stuff on Felicity).

Also, as nice-ish as that scene with his dad in the pilot was, my mind went "Nice how potential future unemployment and/or lack of money is never a serious factor when teens in trashy American tv shows choose what they want to study and do, by far best part of their otherwise bland and undesirable worlds."
Old 02-06-2017, 01:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes! I'm also curious about Jughead/Betty's SLs. They are two of my favorites right now and they are both mysterious. Especially Betty, she seems so delicate and good but you know there is something inside her. And I 100% agree that writers should work more on Archie's character development haha
Old 02-06-2017, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I'm curious about their storylines as well.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Archie definitely needs an interesting storyline.
The music storyline with Josie and the Pussycats needs to get started already. I'm over this Archie/Grundy storyline.

Right now, everyone aside from Archie is interesting.

I do like Archie/Jughead their moment at the football game was nice!
Old 02-06-2017, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm over that storyline and hopefully it ends sooner rather than later.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

The statutory rape sl really needs to end. I can’t even get into Archie’s angst about not doing the right thing by telling the police about hearing the gunshot given I don’t get how it could be that important for the investigation in the first place. And he could have come up with the solution he came up in the last ep in the pilot already.

Look forward to more of the Josie and the Pussycats too. If they do the sl nicely, maybe even Archie comes off interesting when interacting with them. I liked the Josie/Archie scene in the pilot.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread