Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Riverdale S&S #03: Because the real mystery of Riverdale is if Cheryl and Jason were more than siblings...

Riverdale Spoilers & Speculations Thread

Things aren’t always what you expect in Riverdale. Based on the iconic characters from Archie Comics and produced by Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Supergirl, Blindspot, Everwood), this one-hour drama is a bold, subversive take on the surreality of small-town life. As a new school year begins, the town of Riverdale is reeling from the recent, tragic death of high school golden boy Jason Blossom — and nothing feels the same. Archie Andrews (KJ Apa) is still the all-American teen, but the summer’s events made him realize that he wants to pursue a career in music — and not follow in his dad’s footsteps — despite the sudden end of his forbidden relationship with Riverdale’s young music teacher, Ms. Grundy (Sarah Habel). Which means Archie doesn’t have anyone who will mentor him — certainly not singer Josie McCoy (Ashleigh Murray), who is only focused on her band, the soon-to-be-world-famous Pussycats. It’s all weighing heavily on Archie’s mind — as is his fractured friendship with budding writer and fellow classmate Jughead Jones (Cole Sprouse). Meanwhile, girl-next-door Betty Cooper (Lili Reinhart) is anxious to see her crush, Archie, after being away all summer, but she’s not quite ready to reveal her true feelings to him. And Betty’s nerves — which are hardly soothed by her overbearing mother, Alice (Mädchen Amick) — aren’t the only thing holding her back. When a new student, Veronica Lodge (Camila Mendes), arrives in town from New York with her mother Hermione (Marisol Nichols), there’s an undeniable spark between she and Archie, even though Veronica doesn’t want to risk her new friendship with Betty by making a play for Archie. And then there’s Cheryl Blossom (Madelaine Petsch) — Riverdale’s Queen Bee is happy to stir up trouble amongst Archie, Betty, and Veronica, but Cheryl is keeping secrets of her own. What, exactly, is she hiding about the mysterious death of her twin brother, Jason? Riverdale may look like a quiet, sleepy town, but there are dangers in the shadows. Riverdale is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Blindspot), Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (Supergirl, Glee), Sarah Schechter (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Blindspot) and Jon Goldwater (Archie Comics). Riverdale premieres midseason on The CW.

EPISODE SPOILERS

1x01 - Chapter One: The River’s Edge - January 26th
PROMO | EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP | WEBCLIP II | WEBCLIP III
SERIES PREMIERE — As a new school year begins, the town of Riverdale is reeling from the tragic death of high school golden boy Jason Blossom. Archie Andrews (KJ Apa) is still the all-American teen, but the summer’s events made him realize that he wants to pursue a career in music — not follow in his dad Fred’s (Luke Perry) footsteps — despite his forbidden relationship with Riverdale’s young music teacher, Ms. Grundy (guest star Sarah Habel). With the weight of the world on his shoulders, Archie must look for a new music mentor and turns to Josie McCoy (Ashleigh Murray) but she is focused solely on her band, Josie and the Pussycats. Weighing heavily on his mind is also his fractured friendship with budding writer Jughead Jones (Cole Sprouse). Meanwhile, girl-next-door Betty Cooper (Lili Reinhart) is anxious to see her crush Archie after being away all summer, but she’s not quite ready to reveal her true feelings to him. And Betty’s nerves, which are hardly soothed by her overbearing mother Alice (Mädchen Amick), aren’t the only thing holding her back. When a new student, Veronica Lodge (Camila Mendes), arrives in town from New York with her mother Hermione (Marisol Nichols), there’s an undeniable spark between her and Archie, but Veronica doesn’t want to risk her new friendship with Betty. And then there’s Cheryl Blossom (Madelaine Petsch), Riverdale’s Queen Bee, who is happy to stir up trouble amongst the others even though she’s keeping a few secrets of her own.
Written by: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa

1x02 - Chapter Two: A Touch of Evil - February 2nd
SECRETS UNRAVELED — As new details of Jason’s death begin to emerge, Archie (KJ Apa) pleads with Miss Grundy (guest star Sarah Habel) to come forward with what they heard at Sweetwater River. Betty (Lili Reinhart) makes an effort to mend her friendship with Archie but takes a different stance with Veronica (Camila Mendes), who is trying to make up for her actions. With rumors around her brother’s death running rampant, Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) deals with the pressure in true Queen Bee fashion, while tensions boil over when Jughead (Cole Sprouse) stumbles upon a secret Archie was hoping to keep hidden. Finally, plans for the annual fall pep rally move forward with a performance by Josie (Ashleigh Murray) and the Pussycats and a special appearance by Mayor McCoy (guest star Robin Givens.) Marisol Nichols, Madchen Amick and Luke Perry also star.
Written by: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa

1x03 - Chapter Three: Body Double - February 9th
THE GIRL WHO CRIED SHOTGUN — After new information surrounding Jason’s death comes to light, Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) finds herself under a cloud of suspicion and forced to come clean about the last time she saw her brother. Meanwhile, Archie (KJ Apa) makes a tough decision that puts a major strain on his relationship with Miss Grundy (guest star Sarah Habel). Elsewhere, Betty (Lili Reinhart) decides to revive the school newspaper and asks for Jughead’s (Cole Sprouse) help in investigating Jason’s death, while Veronica (Camila Mendes) and Ethel (guest star Shannon Purser) work on exposing some of Riverdale High’s football players after rumors of a “shame book” begin to circulate. Finally, after getting grounded by his dad Fred (Luke Perry), Archie must figure out a way to make it to the Taste of Riverdale event where Josie (Ashleigh Murray) and the Pussycats will be performing a song he helped write.
Written by: Yolonda E. Lawrence

1x04 - Chapter Four: The Last Picture Show - February 16th
HOLDING ON — When Jughead (Cole Sprouse) learns that an anonymous buyer has plans to tear down the local drive-in, he fights desperately to keep it open. Betty (Lili Reinhart) finds her friendship with Archie on the line after stumbling upon some startling information she’s uncovered about Miss Grundy’s (guest star Sarah Habel) past. Elsewhere, Veronica (Camila Mendes) confronts her mother Hermoine (Marisol Nichols) about a suspicious meeting she witnessed between her mother and a shady Southside Serpent. Finally, after uncovering Betty’s diary, Alice (Madchen Amick) finds the perfect opportunity to destroy Archie’s golden boy image. Madelaine Petsch and Luke Perry also star.
Written by: Michael Grassi

1x05 - Chapter Five: Heart of Darkness - February 23rd
THE HOUSE OF SECRETS AND LIES — With Jason’s funeral around the corner, the Blossom family moves forward with last minute preparations – and a secret agenda. Meanwhile, Archie’s (KJ Apa) attempt to refocus his energy on football comes to a halt when an opportunity to work with a new music mentor presents itself. Betty (Lili Reinhart) dives deeper into her investigation of Jason’s death and unearths some dark revelations about her family. Elsewhere, after uncovering secrets about her own family, Veronica (Camila Mendes) forms an unlikely friendship with Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch), who is having a tougher time with Jason’s impending funeral than she lets on. Finally, Hermoine (Marisol Nichols) turns to Fred (Luke Perry) for help after receiving a cryptic message from the Southside Serpents. Cole Sprouse and Madchen Amick also star.
Written by: Ross Maxwell

1x06 - Chapter Six: Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill! - March 2nd
ROMANCES AND RIVALRIES — With Riverdale High’s annual variety show around the corner, Valerie’s (guest star Hayley Law) efforts to help Archie (KJ Apa) prepare for his big performance lead to some major fallout between her and Josie (Ashleigh Murray). Meanwhile, Betty (Lili Reinhart) and Jughead’s (Cole Sprouse) investigation into Jason’s death brings them to a home for troubled youth and face-to-face with Polly (guest star Tiera Skovbye). Just as her relationship with her mother was on the upswing, an unexpected betrayal sends Veronica (Camila Mendes) spiraling, while Josie deals with her own pressures at home after her overbearing father returns for her performance at the variety show. Finally, Hermoine’s (Marisol Nichols) first day at Andrews Construction finds her and Fred (Luke Perry) growing closer. Madchen Amick also stars.
Written by: Tessa Leigh Williams & Nicholas Zwart

GENERAL SPOILERS

INTERVIEWS
KJ Apa: | [01/24]
Lili Reinhart: | [01/21] | [01/17]
Cole Sprouse: | [01/17] | [01/16]
Camila Mendes: | [01/20] | [01/24]
Ashleigh Murray: | [02/02] | [01/23] | [01/24]
Madelaine Petsch: | [02/12] | [01/24] | [01/25]
Casey Cott: | [01/24]
Luke Perry: | [01/25]
Mädchen Amick: | [01/18]
Marisol Nichols: | [02/07] | [01/24]
Sarah Habel:

CASTING NEWS
Molly Ringwald is Mary Andrews | Casey Cott is Kevin Keller | Alice Copper has been cast | Camila Mendes as Veronica Lodge | Archie, Josie, & Cheryl have been cast | Luke Perry cast as Fred Andrews | Betty & Jughead cast

GENERAL SPOILERS(most recent first)
| Archie Comics Signs Development Deal With Warner Bros. TV | The future of Jason Blossom | Betty-Archie-Veronica love triangle coming soon? | Is Polly just Betty's split personality? | Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa Interview | Riverdale will also appear as a comic series | Riverdale premiering mid-season

SERIES BASIC
| [TCA Press Photos] | [Season 1 Cast Photos 3] | [Season 1 Cast Photos 2] | [Season 1 Cast Photos] | [Season 1 Poster] | [Comic-Con Art Poster]

Last edited by hurricane eyes; 02-16-2017 at 04:13 PM
Old 02-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the new thread!

Love the title... so true.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new one
Old 02-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

thanks for the new thread
Old 02-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 02-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Ok quick question has anyone seen the show Girl Meets World? because I'm seeing some similarities between Jughead, and Girl Meets World character Farkle Minkus.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Tftnt! Love the title. It would be an unexpected twist if there wasn't anything incesty going on there.

I liked the 2nd ep more than the first. But I'm still not sure if this will shape up to be a show I consider trashy entertainment or just boring trash that tries and fails to be entertaining.

The actresses who play Veronica and Betty left a pleasant impression on me so far. They seem to have some range and naturality, neither of which are commonly found on these types of shows.

Jughead and Cheryl entertain me, though I'm sure if I like their actors yet. Sometimes I enjoy them, but sometimes they take me out of the scene a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Ok quick question has anyone seen the show Girl Meets World? because I'm seeing some similarities between Jughead, and Girl Meets World character Farkle Minkus.
Interesting. What similarities do you see? Farkle is my fave on gmw and I liked Jughead a lot last ep. But I haven't really thought about any similarities between them.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Passionate Fan

love the title!

That's interesting though. Farkle is a jolly person though and Jughead is reallly mysterious

I'm getting Blair Waldorf vibes on Veronica (which is good well, at least for me) while Archie is totally a Nate Archibald
Old 02-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked the 2nd episode more as well. Haven't watched gmw to make that comparison.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

The second episode was a lot better than the pilot. I'm fine with Veronica being like Blair Waldorf because I loved that character a lot, but in the pilot it was almost like the dialogue was trying too hard to make her seem like Blair. In episode 2 they seemed to be able to strike a good balance and it wasn't as obvious.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fair point.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think there was also a little less unnecessary propping of Veronica, as well as Archie and Betty, in the 2nd ep? Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like the dialogue and the narrative in general were sledgehammering how awesome those three are in the pilot, while they’ve toned it down a bit last ep.

Lol at the Archie/Nate comparison. I definitely see "cute, but bland" as the common denominator there. But at least Chase imo had great chemistry with Blake, so I was a NS shipper from the pilot (despite not being into either Nate or Serena as individual charas much). I wish I felt that way about Archie with either Veronica or Betty. Or anyone else. But so far nothing. Except maybe a tiny interest how Josie/Archie or Jughead/Archie would look like. But the show is not gonna do either, so nevermind.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)

Interesting. What similarities do you see? Farkle is my fave on gmw and I liked Jughead a lot last ep. But I haven't really thought about any similarities between them.
Well in some interviews they talk about how Jughead is trying to figure out quite a bit about himself, like where he fits in with society, and how people are treating him. Plus they said he's a puppet who's being held by strings, and he's really trying hold himself above it. Farkle kinda felt the same way, and to me Farkle was like Pinocchio, and after reading some interviews I feel like Jughead may be like Pinocchio as well.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ah, I see, that makes sense. I guess there is also the arrogance. Early Farkle was overtly arrogant (and I have to admit I loved him not despite but for it , though I'm glad he outgrew that eventually) and Jughead not so much (so far at least). But he probably does occasionally feel superior to his environment. Because of his intellect (we already had a “It’s called necrophilia? Can you spell that?” line ) or his morals or whatever.

Also agree with this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
Farkle is a jolly person though and Jughead is reallly mysterious
Farkle is kinda upbeat, while Jughead is more broody.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the title, so very true😀
I too liked the second ep better than the pilot. Archie just something about him don't like. I like Jughead, Betty and Veronica so far
Closed Thread   Post New Thread