Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_uo_ste (View Post)
Yeah, I guess you're right. I never thought they were going to do Elizabeth and her relationship with Mary the way it should be done. But, this is actually worse than I imagined. When it was announced Elizabeth would be coming on the show, I figured that they would do the Treaty of Edinburgh storyline, Mary and Francis would get nailed by Elizabeth (as they did in reality), Marie would be overthrown and it would establish for the audience what a force to be reckoned with Elizabeth is. Francis and Mary would have to deal with the fact they're married, but, their countries are no longer in an alliance, but, their love would prevail only for Francis to die at the tail end of the season. But, instead Mary actually came out on top (what? the French were humiliated in this incident) Marie didn't get overthrown, but, was killed by a magic curse while trying to save Francis? It's madness. Elizabeth can't even be used as an effective villain in that case because they refuse to show what she's capable of less she look more capable than Mary. Yet they won't give her character depth either.So, she falls between two stumps.This is going to become more problematic as we progress, because it's going to be impossible to get around the reality that Elizabeth was more successful and capable than Mary.
I wish they would have done that storyline. Half of the ideas we have here are better than the show. But the writers don't want Mary to make mistakes and look like a fool. S2 proved how blind they can be when it comes to her. The writers and Laurie were upset most of the audience didn't support the ridiculous Conde storyline and acted like Mary could do no wrong and the fans were just being petty.

S4 is going to be a mess because like you said Elizabeth should have been portrayed as a smart and worthy rival. She acts like a spoiled irresponsible child in Reign and it looks ridiculous because she is supposed to be older than Mary. So Mary's fate isn't going to make any sense for the people who watch the show and have no idea what really happened.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I wish we would have gotten a more complex portrayal of both characters. The writers at least tried to show Mary's flaws in S1.
It's quite upsetting because they looked like they were going in the right direction back then but they seem to have left it. Mary's outsmarting Elizabeth on a regular basis and it just isn't in line with her character. I don't think they're necessarily making E the villain but they are making her look like a lesser opponent, too lonely and petty to do anything right, whereas Mary comes across as reasonable and joust and if she ever is in doubt she has great people to support and advice her. At this point I wonder which enchantment gone wrong will cause her to fail and die.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

3.10 promo stills Reign "Bruises That Lie" Preview Images

ETA:

Spoilers from tomorrow's episode according to twitter.

-there is a trial for Catherine. Narcisse uses Claude's poisoning as proof that Catherine would in fact poison her own child.
-Claude tries to lie for Catherine, but Narcisse finds her journal where she wrote about it.
-Mary sneaks Catherine out of the castle.
-Francis wasn't poisoned.
-Narcisse killed his secretary (the same who wrote the rat note) because Lola sees his hand writing and recognizes it.
-Lola finds out about it and the rat in the bath and she's done with him.
-Lola is blackmailed by Elizabeth to go to England, she has her family held hostage.
-Bash takes Catherine to see Francis and bring back his coffin so they can prove her innocence. She holds his hand and thanks him afterward.
-They open the coffin in front of Catherine and Mary
-Don Carlos doesn't remember what happened and he and Mary get engaged.

Last edited by NotDoneAbusingYou; 01-08-2016 at 12:24 AM
Old 01-08-2016, 03:25 AM
Master Fan

Lola left Narcisse She doesn't know about him sleeping with Catherine but she knows about the rat and Narcisse killing his secretary.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-08-2016, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Lola left Narcisse She doesn't know about him sleeping with Catherine but she knows about the rat and Narcisse killing his secretary.
I was so glad when I heard that. Finally she grew a brain.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
I was so glad when I heard that. Finally she grew a brain.
She was in love. Can you blame her? Plus, it didn't take that long.

What's the point of Elizabeth having Lola's family hostage? Does that mean we're actually going to see Lola's family? I'd love that!

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-08-2016, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for all the spoilers!

The storyline about Elizabeth kidnapping Lola's family sounds weird. Still it's nice to know Lola will finally get a storyline this season.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:07 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
3.10 promo stills Reign "Bruises That Lie" Preview Images

ETA:

Spoilers from tomorrow's episode according to twitter.

-there is a trial for Catherine. Narcisse uses Claude's poisoning as proof that Catherine would in fact poison her own child.
-Claude tries to lie for Catherine, but Narcisse finds her journal where she wrote about it.
-Mary sneaks Catherine out of the castle.
-Francis wasn't poisoned.
-Narcisse killed his secretary (the same who wrote the rat note) because Lola sees his hand writing and recognizes it.
-Lola finds out about it and the rat in the bath and she's done with him.
-Lola is blackmailed by Elizabeth to go to England, she has her family held hostage.
-Bash takes Catherine to see Francis and bring back his coffin so they can prove her innocence. She holds his hand and thanks him afterward.
-They open the coffin in front of Catherine and Mary
-Don Carlos doesn't remember what happened and he and Mary get engaged.
Thanks.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
Thank you for all the spoilers!

The storyline about Elizabeth kidnapping Lola's family sounds weird. Still it's nice to know Lola will finally get a storyline this season.
It does sound weird, but without the specifics it's hard to say.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

could Elizabeth secretly in love with Lola? I would like to look at this pair.
Catcisse absolutely not interested. Although, let Catherine takes Narcisse himself.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Old 01-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Christ. So, they're going to do Amy was murdered storyline mixed with the Arthur Dudley, Francis Bacon, prince Tudor etc myths aren't they ? Do not want. Although, the Arthur Dudley mystery is actually an weird, interesting little incident - not true mind, but, still.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am sorry about my attitude a few weeks ago. I was mourning francis but I am better now. Who is Arthur Dudley?
Old 01-15-2016, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Mourning a fav isn't easy

He's Elizabeth's lover lol.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Who is Arthur Dudley?
Historically, he was an English man captured sailing on an English vessel in the Mediterranean Sea by the Spanish in the late 1580s. When he was interviewed at the Spanish court, he claimed that his name was Arthur Dudley, he was 27 years old and that he was the illegitimate son of Robert Dudley and Elizabeth I. Born in around 1560/61 when Elizabeth was around 26/7.

He claimed that he had been raised in secret just outside London, although, he said he had often been brought to court as child and Elizabeth had played with him. He said he had discovered the truth of who he was at 17 when he had tried to join the navy and go overseas, but, had been stopped doing so by a royal note from Elizabeth herself. His guardian then told him who he was and he said he then met Robert who confirmed that he was their son and according to his story got very emotional and upset at the sight of him.

It was decided that for his safety that he should leave England and he was put in the care of Francis Walsingham, however, apparently Walsingham frightened Arthur and he thought he might harm him, so he ran away from Walsingham and ultimately joined a group of English sailors, who he was with when he was captured. Some at the Spanish court did actually believe his tale and he was able to accurately describe the layout of Elizabeth's palaces. But, most had doubts. Philip II thought Elizabeth was ****ing with him and many thought he was a spy sent to discover the coordinates of Spanish ships - which is what most historians think he was doing (Walsingham being involved in the story is a red flag - he loved to employ double agents as foreign courts).

In any event he then disappears from the records. Some rumours suggest that whoever he was he managed to escape from Spain and settled in Tuscany. Some have it that he lived at the Spanish court for the rest of his life, marrying and having children. We don't know. It's very doubtful indeed he was who he claimed to be. But, conspiracy theorists love the idea that Elizabeth may still have descendants running around.

Crazy myths about royal parentage aren't uncommon. It's a fairly popular myth that James VI/I wasn't Mary's child at all. That she did in fact miscarry Darnley's baby, but, hid it because she thought he might kill her if he could get his hands on the crown imperial and that she took one of her ladies in waiting new born child. It really flared up again in around 2002 when the 16th Century part of the palace James was born in was excavated and they found the skeleton of a foetus hidden in the walls - the conspiracy would say that was actually Mary's baby. All bollocks of course, but, myths can be stupid fun when not taken seriously. The David Rizzio was actually James's father rumour was a far bigger problem for James and it followed him his whole life.