Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2015, 04:41 AM
Elite Fan

Reign Spoilers and Speculation #50: When will Francis die?

REIGN SPOILERS & SPECULATION THREAD

Airing Fridays at 8 PM EST on the CW

The third season begins with Catherine in England.
First Reign Promo

In HD

3x02: Betrothed
CW Airdate: Oct 16, 2015
Stills | CW Promo | M3 Promo
ELIZABETH’S ALLIANCE WITH CATHERINE BACKFIRES —*Elizabeth (Rachel*Skarsten) must deal with the political backlash of harboring Catherine (Megan*Follows) in England, while Catherine is imprisoned upon her return to France. Mary (Adelaide Kane) is forced to make some difficult decisions about securing Scotland’s future and Lola (Anna*Popplewell) is conflicted in her feelings for Narcisse (Craig Parker). Toby Regbo,*TorranceCoombs, Celina Sinden, Jonathan Keltz and Rose Williams star. Fred Gerber directed the episode written by Lisa Randolph (#302).
3x03: Extreme Measures
CW Airdate: Oct 23, 2015
Stills | CW Promo | M3 Promo
MARY AND FRANCIS FIGHT FOR HIS LEGACY -- When King Antoine (guest star Ben Aldridge) unexpectedly returns to Court, Mary (Adelaide Kane) must help Francis (Toby Regbo) hide his weakening condition long enough to secure his family's future. With the Throne in jeopardy and time running out, they must turn to an unlikely ally in need of redemption. Megan Fellows, Anna Popplewell, Craig Parker, Torrance Coombs, Celina Sinden, Jonathan Keltz and Rose Williams star. Holly Dale directed the episode written by Drew Lindo and Wendy Riss (#303).

(most recent first)

Old 10-24-2015, 04:42 AM
Elite Fan

last post in the previous thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
so if he's going to die in 3x05 and the prophecy says he'll die because of Mary.. how does this work? someone attacks them, he wants to protect Mary, fights with them, is injured, dies because of this..
Old 10-24-2015, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

It would be so cruel to see Francis die after getting better historically he had been in bed for a while before he finally did die.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

tftnt
Old 10-24-2015, 08:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Based off the promo for next ep.. When Charles tells Bash that he commands him to do something, it's him telling him they're taking Delphine to save Francis. I know some people did not like Charles saying that to Bash, but given the context, I think it's sweet that Charles wants to save his brother at all cost. I think the majority of us can assume it will be Mary's mother that takes his place? That's what I believe at least.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:27 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm surprised they're killing him on a random episode instead of waiting for a mid-final or something. I'll miss Francis/Bash.

How long before Mary moves on to a new romance/love triangle? lol
Old 10-24-2015, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
I'm surprised they're killing him on a random episode instead of waiting for a mid-final or something. I'll miss Francis/Bash.

one episode lbr. Mary has always cared more about getting some over francis
Old 10-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT and video.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
one episode lbr. Mary has always cared more about getting some over francis
Sounds about right.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)

It shows how they feel about francis's character. they've never respected his importance on this show but he really is the heart of it.

reign hit .2 in the demo this week. since they hit .2 before francis's death I'm wondering if they will even be able to hold it after he dies. the show is really dead in the water.

elizabeth clearly didn't bring in viewers

Last edited by makeitreign; 10-24-2015 at 11:24 AM
Old 10-24-2015, 12:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
so if he's going to die in 3x05 and the prophecy says he'll die because of Mary.. how does this work? someone attacks them, he wants to protect Mary, fights with them, is injured, dies because of this..
That sounds about right and it's what most people have been speculating. Because of the prophecy, it has to be clear his death is somehow related to Mary. So he'll spend 3x04 in bed and then make a miraculous recovery, only to be killed protecting Mary. Nothing surprising there.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:09 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by veneration (View Post)
That sounds about right and it's what most people have been speculating. Because of the prophecy, it has to be clear his death is somehow related to Mary. So he'll spend 3x04 in bed and then make a miraculous recovery, only to be killed protecting Mary. Nothing surprising there.
But that doesn't make sense either. We saw what Nostradamus saw. We saw Francis die in bed with Mary, with a bleeding ear.

Also, I mention again, the bad pic of Francis, Mary and Elizabeth's chairs sitting together. He won't die in this episode because that hasn't happened yet. Elizabeth will visit France before he dies. It says Nosty has a new vision too. She says they follow the prophecy, but which prophecy? The old one or the new one? I have a funny feeling they are going to try and twist it so it's not Mary's fault. They probably couldn't figure out how to make an ear infection her fault.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
But that doesn't make sense either. We saw what Nostradamus saw. We saw Francis die in bed with Mary, with a bleeding ear.

Also, I mention again, the bad pic of Francis, Mary and Elizabeth's chairs sitting together. He won't die in this episode because that hasn't happened yet. Elizabeth will visit France before he dies. It says Nosty has a new vision too. She says they follow the prophecy, but which prophecy? The old one or the new one? I have a funny feeling they are going to try and twist it so it's not Mary's fault. They probably couldn't figure out how to make an ear infection her fault.
francis will die in bed with mary because of a bleeding ear I guess. delphine will revive him. then he'll die later
Closed Thread   Post New Thread