Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Extreme Fan

I think Laurie put a stop to it. I know they weren't allowed to tweet anything about the season finale. I think it's possible she blames info leaking for people not tuning in. She may not want people to know who's returning and who's not, where the sls are going etc. she doesn't get that if the info leaked was GOOD it would not have kept people from tuning in.

For instance, if Francis is sickly, Kenna's gone, conde's returning, or Mary's getting a new lover, she might not want people to know lol
Old 07-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What does the introduction of English court mean for our favorites on Reign? — Michelle
More than anything, it means there are more people around to cause drama. Specifically, I hear the show’s casting for someone to play Elizabeth’s English Ambassador to France. But more than that, he’s going to serve as Elizabeth’s spy. Like I said, more drama.
Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Agent Carter,' 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'You’re the Worst' and more | EW.com

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 07-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Do we have any idea who this character real-life/history counterpart might be?
Old 07-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Probably a mash up of Nicholas Throckmorton and Francis Walsingham. Throckmorton was Elizabeth's ambassador to France during this time. He famously told Elizabeth that the De Guise brothers were now ruling France. He wasn't really a spy, although, he'd been involved in plots against Mary I during her short reign and manged to get away with it. Throckmorton would also represent Elizabeth in Scotland while Mary was there. So, he was involved with both of them.

Walsingham was one of Elizabeth's closest advisers. He became Elizabeth's ambassador to France at a later date. He was there during the St Bartholomew's Day Massacre, he barely escaped with his life and was traumatised by it. Walsingham became determined that no such event should ever occur in England, so he essentially created MI5 (made up of spies, code breakers etc)in order to protect Elizabeth and route out what he saw as Catholic terrorism - although, some would accuse him of being an over zealous Protestant. Pretty much all secret service agencies are somewhat descended from what Walsingham created. Which is why he's often called history's greatest Spymaster. Walsingham was the one who eventually got the evidence on Mary and brought her to trial. So, I could see Reign mixing those two. It might actually work in a strange way too. There was a casting video for someone called Nicholas at any rate. But, I think he'll be a mix of the two.

I predicted that they were going to use Throckmorton, because he actually preferred Mary to Elizabeth during her time in France because he felt she was demure and proper as a Queen should be. (I'm sure in Reign it will be because she's the most strong perfect queen ever etc) and Elizabeth had caused scandal with her relationship with Dudley. He changed his mind when he saw Mary again in Scotland as he was offended by her behaviour with Darnley and famously pissed everyone off by saying that the Scottish court/parliament was poorly run/out of control. But, I doubt that will be shown in Reign.

Last edited by shut_uo_ste; 07-03-2015 at 02:44 PM
Old 07-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Interesting, thanks for that.

I had no idea MI5 went back that far. Cool!
Old 07-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, it wasn't called MI5 then. But, the practices, systems etc Walsingham created ultimately trickled down to what eventually became MI5.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Cool.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:58 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

I think there's a big secret they don't want us to know since there are no BTS pictures and HairReign disappeared without any explanation
Old 07-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I think there's a big secret they don't want us to know since there are no BTS pictures and HairReign disappeared without any explanation
Or, as another poster said, maybe Laurie illogically blames loss of viewership to any trace of information that can be picked up in pics. I hate to think that they could be hiding some big secret though...like, how much worse can this all get? (And I say worse because whenever Laurie's involved, stuff is pretty bad. )

Kandace
Icon Credit: Issi
Old 07-05-2015, 05:37 PM
Extreme Fan

I saw on Twitter Anna was in France! Do you think she just went for the weekend or she's not or barely in the first ep? I can't help but think the worse...all these new characters will be taking over. If Kenna, Jonny, and Lola are missing from the first episode I can see why she would not want info leaking. She's clearly transitioning out of France.

Also saw other pics of Jonny and Kenna confirming they're not in Toronto for the first ep.

Edit: not confirmed Anna's pics in France are new may be from before filming started this summer. We will see.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

Can they be so stupid to think that? I mean how would funny selfies and pics of Megan, Adelaide etc outfits, hair style... be bad for the ratings? I mean..

Seems like Kenna, Leith, Claude, Lola aren't in the first episode... haven't heard nothing from Megan if she's back filming or not... but Rachel (Elizabeth) was filming the first week, right?
Old 07-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

The first episode/s might then focus on what is going on in England.

Honestly, if we don't see Kenna for awhile, I am okay with that.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know how I feel about a lot of new characters in the first episodeS
Old 07-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

It makes sense. You need to introduce the new cast, then I'm sure the writers will focus again on the main cast.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread