Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2015, 06:18 AM
Passionate Fan

She was the first wife of Robert Dudley,Elizabeth's favourite who was rumoured to be her lover(although we may never know if this is true we do now they loved ech oher deeply untill the rest of their lives) who died in mysterious curcuimstances.It was a huge scandal because there were rumours that Robert and Elizabeth were behind her death so they can get married.

Veritas Temporis Filia
Old 06-21-2015, 06:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Amy Robsart was Robert Dudley's first wife. She died via falling down the stairs in 1560. It was alleged Robert had her killed so he could marry Elizabeth (Elizabeth and Robert had fallen in love during the dark days of Mary's reign when they were imprisoned next to eachother). He was put under house arrest at the time, so there could be an investigation. Eventually he was cleared of any wrong doing and the death was ruled an accident. Historians now believe it very unlikely that she was murdered. As doctors records show that Amy was suffering from 'severe malady of the breast' (what we would now call stage 4 Breast Cancer) at the time and was dying anyway. Some have suggested Elizabeth's first minister William Cecil had her killed despite her illness because he knew that the scandal would permanently put Elizabeth off marrying Dudley (which it did) and, therefore, he'd retain his place as Elizabeth's right hand man. Some have suggested Amy might have committed suicide because she knew about Robert and Elizabeth's relationship (Amy sent all the servants away to go to a local fair on the day of her death). But, most agree that it was an awful accident caused by a very sick woman trying to get around unaided.

What bugs me about Reign's description is that it seems to be suggesting that Robert was trying to get away from Elizabeth and she was manipulating him to stay with her (not even anywhere close to the truth) - and following on from that, I wouldn't be surprised if they had Elizabeth kill Amy out of jealousy. Which is just so ridiculous and offensive and shows how transparent this show's awful, sexist and unfair agenda is.

There's also apparently two more characters for French court. An English Spy (I'm guessing Walsingham) and a Scottish Lord who hates Mary (assuming going to be their version of John Knox). I am actually so annoyed about the Amy/Elizabeth thing, sorry, but this show hates woman. They threw the amazing Diane de Poitiers and Marie de Guise under the bus and now they're going to do it even worse with Elizabeth just to prop up their ridiculous take on Mary.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the history. Mary de guise was okay in the last episode at least she and Mary developed a understanding. Diane they threw under the bus
Old 06-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Casting video for Dudley:

https://vimeo.com/131161507
Old 06-21-2015, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

I'm surprised no one is talking about them recasting Charle IV. Especially as he is described as someone who they're gonna prepare to take Francis's place on the throne.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 06-21-2015, 09:28 AM
Extreme Fan

yea they are likely hoping he will catch on so it will be easier to kill toby off. But I hope they learned from the conde casting, and go for talent over pretty. Toby is easily the most talented young male on this show, if they are going to off him, they need another talented actor to fill his shoes

I also read reign is scheduled to stop production dec.2 which says to me a 13 eps season. Some have said maybe its just winter break but reign filmed until dec 20 ish last year before talking a winter break. So either a shortened season or they will do as another poster suggested, split the season in half, airing 13 in the fall and rest in the summer. I never thought they would air 22 on fridays.

Reign - Season 3 - Rumor - Episode Order Reduced? | Spoilers

we can't say we didn't see this coming with elizabeth. All Laurie cares about is Mary. Anything to make her look better.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Does anyone here know anything about current syndication numbers? Could Reign make it with 70 episodes (13 episode S3 and S4)?
Old 06-21-2015, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

Did I miss a link on the Dudley, Amy and Charles IX casting?

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 06-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poligirl25 (View Post)
Does anyone here know anything about current syndication numbers? Could Reign make it with 70 episodes (13 episode S3 and S4)?
I think the numbers are so low, and the cw has so many shows on its pipeline, the network might have decided...screw it. I thought it was weird no official number has been announced by the cw so I thought they still may be trying to decide whether dragging it out to syndication was even worth it. They could've decided to take a wait and see approach, like during season one. See how it starts, and then order more eps if the ratings stay in the .3 range.

If they really want 70 they could just push the end of season 3 to summer and air season 4 during the summer.

Also, reign was not invited to SD comic con this year.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the video, I hope we'll get one soon with Charles. I'm curious who will play the character now
Old 06-21-2015, 10:25 AM
Extreme Fan

^ The casting spoilers for Amy, Robert and Charles are on Spoiler TV. Charles is going to come back a party boy teenager who Francis desperately tries to teach him how to be a King before he dies. I mean I know they need to give Toby more to do than just cough and look ill this season, but, taking charge of Charles (who is a child) should really be Catherine's story/job.

Sigh, they really are going to have Elizabeth kill Amy aren't they? Sigh. I really hate this show, sometimes. I mean I know they couldn't really do all of Elizabeth's complexities - one because the writers wouldn't be capable of it and two because if they did people would probably invest in her more than Mary. But, I suppose I should be thankful for small mercies as it seems they are at least going to acknowledge Dudley and Elizabeth did love each other.

Quote:
think the numbers are so low, and the cw has so many shows on its pipeline, the network might have decided...screw it. I thought it was weird no official number has been announced by the cw so I thought they still may be trying to decide whether dragging it out to syndication was even worth it. They could've decided to take a wait and see approach, like during season one. See how it starts, and then order more eps if the ratings stay in the .3 range.
Wouldn't surprise me if this is the road they take. If the show manages to cling on to 0.3s on Friday they'll add a back 8, if it bombs out and gets 0.1s, they might not take it forward. I'm not the only one who thinks they're going to lay the Frary on too thick this season? Like the whole season will be about how wonderful they are as a couple and how brilliant, social justice warriors each are as monarchs? I think I'll find that as unpalatable as season 2.

Last edited by shut_uo_ste; 06-21-2015 at 10:32 AM
Old 06-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Extreme Fan

^ I think Catherine is being edged out before francis. Laurie will be forcing these new characters down our throats so she can edge old ones out. reign doesn't have the budget to afford 5 new characters so old ones are leaving and or having their screen time cut. Laurie just wants mary v elizabeth. Catherine will likely get some action next season but I don't see them doing much with her. Laurie isn't interested in showing catherine ruling. She wants Mary to rule france. I also think Kenna is out for now but they may bring her back for season 4. conde likely gone or s/l tied up at the beginning of season 3. Greer will just be off on the side with her madame business. we will see little of her since they are going leith/claude

Quote:
If the show manages to cling on to 0.3s on Friday they'll add a back 8, if it bombs out and gets 0.1s, they might not take it forward. I'm not the only one who thinks they're going to lay the Frary on too thick this season? Like the whole season will be about how wonderful they are as a couple and how brilliant, social justice warriors each are as monarchs? I think I'll find that as unpalatable as season 2.
I honestly don't think so because I believe francis is being edged out this season. What I do see is them laying it on thick with Mary, the faithful wife. I see Laurie eventually making francis invalid, and playing mary as this strong, loyal monarch who is ruling by her lonesome but remaining true to her sick husband. I wouldn't be surprised if francis is already having problems down below, which is why he is working to get charles ready instead of trying to make an heir as he was at the end of season 2. So Mary will now be just the best wife ever for not looking elsewhere. How could the fans not fall back in love with her? blech

We will have to suffer through the reign social media account constant praise of mary as such a strong, faithful, and loyal queen, as if season 2 didn't happen.

Last edited by makeitreign; 06-21-2015 at 10:41 AM
Old 06-21-2015, 10:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I honestly don't think so because I believe francis is being edged out this season. What I do see is them laying it on thick with Mary, the faithful wife. I see Laurie eventually making francis invalid, and playing mary as this strong, loyal monarch who is ruling by her lonesome but remaining true to her sick husband. I wouldn't be surprised if francis is already having problems down below, which is why he is working to get charles ready instead of trying to make an heir as he was at the end of season 2. So Mary will now be just the best wife ever for not looking elsewhere. How could the fans not fall back in love with her? blech
That wouldn't surprise me and that might actually be worse.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_uo_ste (View Post)
That wouldn't surprise me and that might actually be worse.
Much worse IMO. laurie is just keeping francis alive so they can keep up this facade of mary being a strong queen and a match for Elizabeth. Because Mary is only a strong queen with her french crown. So they'll essentially strip francis of his power, by making him to sick to rule, but they will keep him alive, so mary can rule over two countries and fight elizabeth. Laurie is very predictable.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_uo_ste (View Post)
^ The casting spoilers for Amy, Robert and Charles are on Spoiler TV. Charles is going to come back a party boy teenager who Francis desperately tries to teach him how to be a King before he dies. I mean I know they need to give Toby more to do than just cough and look ill this season, but, taking charge of Charles (who is a child) should really be Catherine's story/job.

Sigh, they really are going to have Elizabeth kill Amy aren't they? Sigh. I really hate this show, sometimes. I mean I know they couldn't really do all of Elizabeth's complexities - one because the writers wouldn't be capable of it and two because if they did people would probably invest in her more than Mary. But, I suppose I should be thankful for small mercies as it seems they are at least going to acknowledge Dudley and Elizabeth did love each other.
Found it! Thanks.

Here's the link for anyone interested:
Reign - Season 3 - Casting 2 New Characters + 1 Being Recast | Spoilers

Interesting that Francis is giving Charles lessons in ruling since from what we saw, Henry didn't seem to spend all that much time teaching Francis.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Closed Thread   Post New Thread