Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I have a hard time picturing what Conde's purpose would even be in another season unless they seriously want to do a parallel story at Elizabeth's court and need more characters with excuses to move there. (thinking of that, could that be be the reason for the Kenna storyline too? )
They could come back to conde/mary after francis's death. they did not put the nail in monde. Conde still wants Mary. And Mary did not say she never loved conde or anything like that. She reaffirmed that she did. She just loves francis more. Sounds like she gave the same speech as when she chose francis over bash.

They could also do conde/elizabeth.

Conde was also a leader in the french wars of religion which they could cover next season.

Quote:
I'm thinking this myself. Just when I thought the show couldn't get any worse, they literally obliterate everyone and everything. And they kept Conde, the most hated character on the show, all while revealing that Francis is dying? That's their definition of a season finale that makes viewers want to tune in for next season?!
I think it's unlikely we're completely done with him like I wanted. I mean toby may be stuck playing a invalid next season. I can see Laurie doing a s/l where mary sticks by her poor sickly husband, who can no longer get it up, out of guilt, but is tempted by handsome stranger #3. and caitlin may be gone. Those IMO are the two best actors in the younger set. But we're stuck with sean's bland acting. It just isn't right.

thank you Scarlet Don't know how anyone can be happy with this finale. laurie is just flat out bad at her job.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Meh. That was a terrible finale.

Silly that Mary who caused all of the trouble this season was really the only character to get a decent end.

Kenna is terrible and why is Grier suddenly back at court?

While I won't be watching next season, I root for Catherine to destroy everyone, especially Mary.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
silly that mary who caused all of the trouble this season was really the only character to get a decent end.
THIS. her and her lover conde, who was shown riding off into the sunset.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynn92295 (View Post)
I'm thinking this myself. Just when I thought the show couldn't get any worse, they literally obliterate everyone and everything. And they kept Conde, the most hated character on the show, all while revealing that Francis is dying? That's their definition of a season finale that makes viewers want to tune in for next season?!
Honestly, the only way they could ever have a chance is if they fired Laurie, but I'm sure that won't happen. I doubt they'll be getting a S4.

Thanks, Scarlet. I'm almost too upset to be angry. How they think they'll have viewers for S3 is beyond me.
Same. Though probably for different reasons.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 05-13-2015, 07:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
THIS. her and her lover conde, who was shown riding off into the sunset.
Yeah. It was so bad.

I hated seeing how smug Mary was when she was talking to Catherine.

Conde I didn't notice, because I've watched like 2 scenes with him since he came on.

The whole thing was underwhelming and did not feel like a finale to me.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
They could come back to conde/mary after francis's death. they did not put the nail in monde. Conde still wants Mary. And Mary did not say she never loved conde or anything like that. She reaffirmed that she did. She just loves francis more. Sounds like she gave the same speech as when she chose francis over bash.

They could also do conde/elizabeth.

Conde was also a leader in the french wars of religion which they could cover next season.

I think it's unlikely we're completely done with him like I wanted. I mean toby may be stuck playing a invalid next season. I can see Laurie doing a s/l where mary sticks by her poor sickly husband, who can no longer get it up, out of guilt, but is tempted by handsome stranger #3. and caitlin may be gone. Those IMO are the two best actors in the younger set. But we're stuck with sean's bland acting. It just isn't right.

thank you Scarlet Don't know how anyone can be happy with this finale. laurie is just flat out bad at her job.
No ****ing idea. This is preposterous!

Old 05-13-2015, 07:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Well it's always possible that Conde will be more of a Nostradamus type situation.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

how did Francis, not immediately have Conde beheaded for treason, like seriously? Mary and Francis have sex? Where the frigg if this coming from? Francis wasn't forgiving the past few episodes - WITH GOOD REASON. Mary hasn't acted like she even cares about him or has the slightest bit of interest in him in a bajillion years?

Did Mary actually say she loves Francis more - or was the Mash parallel just something you saw? Like Deja Vu? (Which I've had a lot this season).

Either way, it would just go to show you how pointless this whole story (and half the season) was. Why bother running around on Francis all the time if she loves him? If she loves him most and that's never going to change, then it's rather pointless for her to keep getting involved with other men ex. Bash/Conde, in the first place?

This whole show and the writing is stupid, no logic. It's pretty sad, when I can't enjoy a show, because there is no decent storytelling and character motivations and such. I can't relate to the characters or understand them, or even what's happening and why, half the time - because it doesn't make sense?

It's incredibly upsetting and unsatisfying... I have no idea what to hope for anymore. I think the sad truth of it guys, is that we never had anything to hope for, we just kept giving the writers more credit than they deserved, to hold onto hope that things would get better, but they won't. The writing and storytelling is lame, that's the way it is, it's not going to just change - we have to accept that, we're probably always going to be disappointed by this show and it's writing.

For a feminist show, they sure have made all the females look rather horrible and make me feel sorry for all the men. I think, the only girl on this show I respect or even like anymore is Lola (Which is crazy considering how much I disliked her last season).

They've made Catherine lousy and pathetic. Mary is a brat. Kenna is a brat. Greer isn't terrible, but I don't like her anymore either - I'm sick of the way she tells Leith she loves him, but just constantly jerks him around. Claude is annoying but not horrible. I was looking forward to seeing what may happen with her and Leith - even if it's just friendship, but I don't know if I'll be tuning in next season at all now, or even looking for spoilers. I adore Francis, but I see the only hope I had of seeing him be truly loved by someone, who's kind and honorable and treats him right, is never going to happen.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

It's obvious Francis "forgave" Mary so quickly because he's dying and he wants her to get pregnant so she's safe.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:19 PM
Extreme Fan

But that's once again Francis putting Mary's needs first. He forgave her because he's dying and he wants her safe. The hell with his pain. He just has to get over it, while mary took all the time she needed to heal and said the hell with her duties etc.. Mary has never had to do any work for him/their relationship (or any relationship really) and that didn't change even after all she's done. how is that satisfying?

Last edited by makeitreign; 05-13-2015 at 08:44 PM
Old 05-13-2015, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Here's the KB scenes once it's done processing:

Lorcisse

Monde

Frary P1

Frary P2

Catcisse

Last edited by ScarletCourt; 05-13-2015 at 09:26 PM
Old 05-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

They succeeded on destroying Catherine completely. Gosh, how pathetic and twisted is she????

Yep, it's too late for Mary and Francis. Their reunion did nothing to me.

Nostradamus is back!

Kenna is leaving.

Baby John and Lola are safe

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-13-2015, 09:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Scarlet! And geesh toby. Still giving it his all no matter how bad the writing sucks.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Thanks Scarlet! And geesh toby. Still giving it his all no matter how bad the writing sucks.
Right? That scene between him and Conde in the dungeon...I'll be honest, it brought tears to my eyes. Toby's outstanding. I really hope he goes places after this show because he is truly brilliant. To continue to be so phenomenal in spite of the awful the writing is a remarkable feat.

Kandace
Icon Credit: Issi
Old 05-13-2015, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Scarlet.

All I cared about was Conde dying but of course this show couldn't even manage that. Ugh.

I find it kind of ridiculous that Francis didn't kill Conde on the spot when he thought the guy was responsible for his son's death. Yeah he was furious, but at this point, I can't believe he could stop himself and not murder the guy. He should've been well past his breaking point in that moment.

Toby's acting though
Closed Thread   Post New Thread