Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Gosh, how I wish I could drive to Canada and watch with some of you tonight. It's at least a 12 hours drive from North Carolina to Toronto. I suppose I'll wait for Scarlet's awesome recap and watch in the US tomorrow. *sigh*

-Leanne
Old 05-13-2015, 09:26 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
I've actually been wondering if they would go as far as to have conde realize mary is lying, draw his sword on her, and Mary attack him, so that they could completely destroy monde. Having conde turn violent on mary would truly kill the couple, even for their shippers. IMO

Francis looks pretty confused in the finale still, so I'm thinking he walks in after wondering wtf has happened.
Do you think lying about the pregnancy only? Or that he also realizes that she never actually loved him as well? I feel like the writers have made that explicit through other people, I wonder if they will have both Mary and Conde realize it as well.

Agree that having Conde go after her physically would be the ultimate obliteration.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad11 (View Post)
Do you think lying about the pregnancy only? Or that he also realizes that she never actually loved him as well? I feel like the writers have made that explicit through other people, I wonder if they will have both Mary and Conde realize it as well.

Agree that having Conde go after her physically would be the ultimate obliteration.
I don't think they're going to touch on mary's feelings for conde again. Laurie said in her last interview mary loved both men. I think she'll just leave that alone. Now Mary may have some speech to francis or her ladies later about her feelings, after she's had time to reflect on all that has happened, but I don't think she'll tell conde she never loved him or anything like that before killing him. That would be really odd given the situation. IMO

Since we think francis ambushes conde's camp before they get to the castle (the M3 promo), that may be all conde needs to think mary is lying and did it to buy more time for francis. He'll draw his sword and she'll move to off him first. I think it will all happen very quickly.

Last edited by makeitreign; 05-13-2015 at 09:40 AM
Old 05-13-2015, 09:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
I don't think they're going to touch on mary's feelings for conde again. Laurie said in her last interview mary loved both men. I think she'll just leave that alone. Now Mary may have some speech to francis or her ladies later about her feelings, after she's had time to reflect on all that has happened, but I don't think she'll tell conde she never loved him or anything like that before killing him. That would be really odd given the situation. IMO

Since we think francis ambushes conde's camp before they get to the castle (the M3 promo), that may be all conde needs to think mary is lying and did it to buy more time for francis. He'll draw his sword and she'll move to off him first. I think it will all happen very quickly.
I had to rewatch it to be sure that, in fact, Laurie didn't say that.

And I might be wrong, but from the position of the photo (at least as far as one could see) it looks like Mary stabbed him in the back.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomildaVane (View Post)
I had to rewatch it to be sure that, in fact, Laurie didn't say that.

And I might be wrong, but from the position of the photo (at least as far as one could see) it looks like Mary stabbed him in the back.
Her last written interview. She said mary loved Francis and conde and her loyalties will be tested because of it.

“Fans will have to tune in to our next episode to find out Francis’ fate, but there is a rising energy to the series, a spike in Condé’s ambition, and a testing of Mary’s loyalties—to the men she loves and the nations she rules. I can’t wait for everyone to see how our story continues. Tonight was just the beginning…”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/19...s-next-francis
Old 05-13-2015, 10:26 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't think this has been posted:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3fRzx-gGD0
It's and inside to the finale and judging from it it sems that Catherine will go to Engand to offer Elizabeth Mary.It makes me wodner wheter the emitng between Catherine and Elziabeth will be the season cliffhanger.
Seriously,Lauire needs to stop with this crap,there's no way they'll be able to focus on two courts at once,it may work in the finale but in s3 with her beinga regulr?No way.This is not GOT and eventhough I would love to see more focus on Elizabeth and less on Mary I know they won't do her justice and instead make her a one dimensional villian who wants Mary dead when in RL her feelings towards Mary were so mcuh more complex and she felt sorry for Mary.I mean she was the one who was against executing Mary for so long because she saw this as a betryal to the king/queen's right to rule and is even debetable wheter he truly agreed to Mary's execution even if she had signed the document(she was known as being very unsure and changing her decisions all the time).

Veritas Temporis Filia
Old 05-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the video! Seeing Catherine doing something against Mary makes me very happy and excited! I would be so upset if Catherine/Elizabeth scene is this season's cliffhanger it would be a good one though
Old 05-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Addicted Fan

That Preview just proved to me once again that the actress playing Elizabeth will do a terrible job. She just wont be able to portray a powerful Queen like Elizabeth right.

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert
Old 05-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

If mary kills Francais then the show is over because the crown is then passed to Catherine's other son and she rules in his stade and mary returns to Scotland.

I think mary knew goung in that she would have to kill Conde to stop all this I think this was her plan the moment she went to him wether she loves or hates francais I think she would never turn against him but she knew she couldn't be loyal to both and to survive one had to die
Old 05-13-2015, 02:15 PM
New Fan

Less than 3 hours until 'Burn' airs in Canada, and tomorrow we find out Reign's place next year and 'Burn' airs stateside. Quite frankly, all I feel is relief - relief that this season is done. I never thought, seven months ago, that I would feel this way come May, but I do.

Definitely putting the show out of my mind for a while after tomorrow and turning to other CW shows - namely Arrow and The Flash I've never watched an episode of either, but if those two live up to the hype around them, I might just be asking Mom to DVR the new episodes when they return in the fall.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

It seems to me though, that almost everything Laurie says in interviews is pretty much bull****. She also said Kennash would be the real couple in trouble this season. They didn't start having serious problems until recently. She also said Mary and Francis love each other and that's never going to change - and that they love each other very deeply. Sorry but if the way Mary treats Francis is her idea of deep, everlasting love, then it'd be potentially terrifying to see her hate someone.

They wanted us to believe last season that Mary loved Bash too, she even told him she loved him, it wasn't made to be nearly serious as the Monde affair, but she did say she loved Bash, and that she loved Francis more. In the end she seemed to get over him pretty quick though, it never really looked like that from the beginning tbh.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I do think mary loved bash she just wasn't in love with him. As adelaide said, I think bash will always have a special place in her heart, but he just wasn't the man she was in love with. Romantic love isn't the only kind of love.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, and that's what most ppl including myself took from it. Which is why that love triangle seemed very bogus from the beginning, I think.

I wonder if they'll cast a new character, to be Elizabeth's love interest next season, then?
Old 05-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

I do hope they will cast new characters, not only for Elizabeth's love interest but a man for Catherine would be nice too since this with Narcisse is so stupid and not what we expected
Old 05-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegabriela (View Post)
That Preview just proved to me once again that the actress playing Elizabeth will do a terrible job. She just wont be able to portray a powerful Queen like Elizabeth right.
She seems just awful, OTT, not at all regal. I mean I can't expect a young Cate Blanchett, but I can't be fine with this either. I hope her acting choices change soon.