Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2015, 08:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

They may prosper - but that doesn't mean they're heroes. They're still bad people. No matter how successful in life their misdeeds make them.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp_chic72 (View Post)
They may prosper - but that doesn't mean they're heroes. They're still bad people. No matter how successful in life their misdeeds make them.
I agree...now let's make sure Laurie understands.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
mary in that same camp likely. I'm guessing while francis is off at battle. She leads a mission of her own.
Lol, Mary going and doing **** behind Francis' back again when he's trying to fix things in HIS country. Big bloody surprise. No character development on this show whatsoever. Do you think Mary will ever just back the heck off, and mind her own business, possibly throw the slightest tinge of respect at Francis?
Old 04-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
sean was still filming battle seems with general r in the finale, so w/e battle scene he is still fighting against france. We know from the pics toby is fighting as well in this battle. So Conde did not retreat, and I'm guessing francis is forced to suit up.

mary in that same camp likely. I'm guessing while francis is off at battle. She leads a mission of her own.
I understand but I still think it's two battle campaigns. Maybe ambroise and then le havre.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp_chic72 (View Post)
Lol, Mary going and doing **** behind Francis' back again when he's trying to fix things in HIS country. Big bloody surprise. No character development on this show whatsoever. Do you think Mary will ever just back the heck off, and mind her own business, possibly throw the slightest tinge of respect at Francis?
NOPE. What's worse is they won't let francis have a win. They will let mary take conde out before francis. I think this episode signals a clear shift in conde's character. He will no longer be mary's bitch boy, he's going to now rise up and try to take the throne. By having mary fix her "mess," take his army out, they will have redeemed her in their eyes.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissynicole (View Post)
I understand but I still think it's two battle campaigns. Maybe ambroise and then le havre.
I think they're combining them as the poster with all the historical knowledge said lol It will be a mix of the two because conde will be working with England.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think they're combining them as the poster with all the historical knowledge said lol It will be a mix of the two because conde will be working with England.
But then that means multiple battle episodes? One more thing I'm not here for.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

It would be nice to see Mary fix her own mess for once - but it doesn't change the fact that she made the mess in the first place. It won't change what she did or how she behaved or her stupidity or the fact that I think she's an ass. :I I miss the days when I actually liked Mary and felt sympathy for her character - I don't think I'll ever feel that way about her again. Which is pathetic, because she's the lead.

I'd really love to read the scripts.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
But then that means multiple battle episodes? One more thing I'm not here for.
yes they're are battling starting in 19 until the end based on bts pics and tweets I've seen on twitter. It seems the battle starts small and then escalates. There are other things going on in the eps but it seems the battle goes on throughout the last eps. I think the battle will be more so in the background.

I would not be surprised if the meeting between conde and mary is conde telling mary he will take her as his queen after taking out francis. So the testing of mary's loyalties that laurie talks about in her interview, is mary choosing to take out conde instead of accepting his offer and sitting back while he takes down francis.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:36 PM
Loyal Fan

First of all, thank you so much Scarlet for the recap.

Quote:
It's all to eventually prop Mary up more. France ' s troops will be depleted going to Scotland and Conde and General R will see an oportunity to take the country. Mary (still being in love with Conde b/c that's the real and true love story in all this) will go to Conde and plead for them to retreat. He will and they'll both be star crossed heroes.
I really don't think Conde is supposed to be the hero in all of this. If he was, the episode wouldn't have ended with him overturning a table in a hissy fit. Or have that juxtaposed with Mary going to Francis and telling the doctor she'll watch over him. And, I don't think Monde are supposed to be the star-crossed lovers. Going by the end of this episode and the fact their sex scene in last ep was intercut with scenes of Francis on his deathbed. That does not scream EPIC LOVE to me. That screams DOOMED and WRONG.

I know we all wish Francis would stand up for himself (praise Yeezus he did in this ep) but I think he's been consistently written as a very good and decent person. And his love for Mary has been contrasted with Conde's love numerous times and Francis and his love always come out the better for it. Even in this episode. If anyone is supposed to be a hero, it's Francis. I just think the writers have done a complete **** job at executing all of this. Mary is supposed to remain someone we root for and care about so the quality of the men who love her is something we should root for. But they've f***ed it up so much we all hate her and could care less and wish the worst for her (which is Conde, by the way).
Old 04-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Extreme Fan

All I want is for Francis to kill Conde by the end of the season. He's taken up way too much screen time. Time for him to bounce.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poligirl25 (View Post)
First of all, thank you so much Scarlet for the recap.

I really don't think Conde is supposed to be the hero in all of this. If he was, the episode wouldn't have ended with him overturning a table in a hissy fit. Or have that juxtaposed with Mary going to Francis and telling the doctor she'll watch over him. And, I don't think Monde are supposed to be the star-crossed lovers. Going by the end of this episode and the fact their sex scene in last ep was intercut with scenes of Francis on his deathbed. That does not scream EPIC LOVE to me. That screams DOOMED and WRONG.
I will be so happy to be wrong but I disagree. They have made an effort to always align Conde with Mary and her needs. To them Mary is always in the right and he helps her be the strong independent queen they think she is and she admits to loving him, him healing her,and having no regrets about them. Him being angry is understandable b/c his life is in danger and promises Mary made have been broken. Even him going to Elizabeth will be b/c he has no other option. I'm not saying any of us are buying the Conde crap they are selling but I do think they believe he hasn't done any wrong and if not for Scotland needing France Mary would be with him which is star crossed. The heroes part was made in jest but honestly I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I will be so happy to be wrong but I disagree. They have made an effort to always align Conde with Mary and her needs. To them Mary is always in the right and he helps her be the strong independent queen they think she is and she admits to loving him, him healing her,and having no regrets about them. Him being angry is understandable b/c his life is in danger and promises Mary made have been broken. Even him going to Elizabeth will be b/c he has no other option. I'm not saying any of us are buying the Conde crap they are selling but I do think they believe he hasn't done any wrong and if not for Scotland needing France Mary would be with him which is star crossed. The heroes part was made in jest but honestly I wouldn't be surprised.
But Mary hasn't broke up with him, and Francis doesn't care about them being together. He didn't make them breaking up as a condition of mary staying in france. So Conde and Mary can be together in france, but conde wants more. Nothing is stopping them from being together. They can be as they were.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
But Mary hasn't broke up with him, and Francis doesn't care about them being together. He didn't make them breaking up as a condition of mary staying in france. So Conde and Mary can be together in france, but conde wants more.
We will have to wait and see about that. Just b/c Francis is moving on she has a much bigger threat in Narcisse and Catherine. He more than Mary is not safe at court. We know Catherine and Narcisse try to garner support in court so I have to imagine it's against Conde even maybe Mary ( i have to believe catherine wouldnt plot against Francis) Narcisse made the comment about Conde not being trusted to Mary in this episode which I think is foreshadowing. But we will have to wait and see.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
But is he always aligned with Mary and her needs? He seems to be out for his own needs first and foremost. Which is why he is so quick to run to Elizabeth when it suits him. He is looking out for himself first which actually makes him very much like Mary. They are two selfish, horrible peas in a pod but I don't think it makes them star-crossed.

My previous comments were based on how the show has portrayed them and not on my own personal opinion b/c I agree with you. But the show has not portrayed Monde in an epic, star-crossed way. This just comes from a whole life of TV watching. If Monde was the OTP then why have their first time shown in such a way? Why have Mary going back to Francis and telling the doctor she'll watch over him? And the very next shot is Conde throwing over the table in a fit of anger? That just screams this couple is doomed. Come on, we've all watched TV enough to know. They are setting up Conde's betrayal. Mary is distancing herself from him and he's had a taste of true power and he wants more. With Mary. If possible. If not, he'll take being King of England. Not a bad position in which to lick his Mary-related wounds.

Last edited by Poligirl25; 04-15-2015 at 09:08 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread