Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think they are trying to hard to be a 16th century Gossip Girl. If merry go round partners over exaggerated drama and soapy story lines is what the wanted then they should have called her Mary Queen of anywhere fictional and her life at fictional court. And why marry any of these characters they should have left them single. I tuned in thinking i would be watching a young ruler navigate politics while in a snake pit and away from home with romance in the background. I got the opposite...I don't even know why Mary needs to get back to Scotland so bad...I know she keeps saying people need her but I don't know why all I see is her trying to find a safe haven for her and her lover. Who would trust her decision making if she showed up with Conde and his army...a army I would assume would be crushed easily by England or even France. Is Conde's province big enough to support Scotland?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's not quite as bad as gossip girl, for it to be GG, Francis would still have to sleep with Greer and probably Kenna. Then Mary would have to sleep with Leith, and Leith would have to sleep with Lola or Kenna. Lola would probably have to sleep with someone else too, like Bash or Narcisse, or both. Gossip Girl had a smaller main cast though too so, everybody sleeping with everyone else was easier.

Looks like we might have a Greer/Leith/Claude triangle coming up though, so that should help things along. :L
Old 03-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

You will all notice that Greer is now a brunette XD

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the picture. Is Greer going to dye his hair and go back to court with another name?

If Laurie really wanted GG but in the 1500s she should have chosen to show Mary's time in Scotland instead of the French court. There was more relationship drama to fictionalize there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissynicole (View Post)
I agree with this. They use her to verbalize their justification of Mary's decisions at cost to her character development. I was one who couldn't stand Lola in season one but she really won me over in season 2 and I feel protective of her b/c I feel she has been a calming influence on all the other characters and their bat crap crazy hijinks and has had real progression and maturity in her own person. I know she is smarter than the advice she is giving. I'm hoping it's revealed she has an angle.
Exactly. It's very OOC that she is acting this way. I could understand her behavior in 2x16 but this episode? No way. It's obvious that the writers are using her to voice their opinon and to make Mary look better. They know most fans are upset with what Mary is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_uo_ste (View Post)
It's just bad writing. The writers favour Mary so much that it becomes to them as if she's always in the right even when her behaviour becomes ridiculous. As I've said before I wouldn't mind it if I thought they were bringing in some of the historical Mary's problems with men. But, I truly do think they think they're writing this empowering storyline about a woman finding herself again after sexual exploitation.
This is what I meant. They favor Mary and think she is always right even when her behavior and her storyline is ridiculous. Also I feel the writers think Mary's mistakes can be justified because of her sexual assault When Frary gets back together Mary is going to say her sexual assault caused her to act this way and Francis will forgive her because he is Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp_chic72 (View Post)
You'd think if they preferred Mary so much, they'd write her character more carefully, and give her some human decency. She has so many horrible and selfish qualities, that have come to the surface much more in Season 2, there are so many people that don't even like her anymore. yet, somehow, when they, write Francis' suffering - they still manage to make him look kind/understanding/reasonable/compassionate. He has a lot of good qualities, which is why so many people like him and respect him. He's like the golden pony of the show, and I'm just like? If they love Mary so much - why can't they write her to be more like that?
Francis actions make sense and Toby has gotten really good at portraying a different range of emotions so it's easy to side with Francis. The writers really want us to side with Mary but the bad writing just makes it laughable. Using Lola to make us feel bad about Mary and understand her selfish actions in the last episode was just more bad writing.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)

You will all notice that Greer is now a brunette XD
This is the read through for which episode?
Not sure I want to know cause if it is for like E21, Francis should be healed so why the need if having Delphine there if not for another love triangle like Kenna-Bash-Delphine?

I think I just lost my last parcel of hope for Kennash....

Old 03-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the pic Maud&Danny. It's funny how happy and carefree they are while we are irritated and disappointed. I've got to stop caring about tv shows
Old 03-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Who's Delphine and why would she be in a love triangle with Kenna and Bash?
Old 03-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp_chic72 (View Post)
Who's Delphine and why would she be in a love triangle with Kenna and Bash?
Sister Delphine.... The nun who is finally not a nun...
Old 03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirouline (View Post)
I didn't see the episodes with the nuns... She's not the one that told Bash about losing someone close to him is she? Because I thought that one was older.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Passionate Fan

She's the''nun''Bash encountered in 15 the one with the healing abilities who told him he will loose someone very close to him.She's lso the one who helas him in this episode and reveals to him she's not really a nun.

Veritas Temporis Filia
Old 03-19-2015, 01:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirouline (View Post)
Wasn't she the 'women in white' who was said to be resurrecting people from the grave?

Steph | tumblr
Old 03-19-2015, 01:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh ok. Jeez I hope they do another triangle there... They already had Bash/Kenna/Antoine

So where was General R in this episode? He was supposed to be in this episode, wasn't he? I don't remember reading about him in the recap. Unless his role in this episode was unimportant?

Last edited by hp_chic72; 03-19-2015 at 02:06 PM
Old 03-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps5 (View Post)
Wasn't she the 'women in white' who was said to be resurrecting people from the grave?
Yes,she is her.
About General Renaude,yeah I'm confused as well since the actor said on twitter he would be appearing in this epsidoe.

Veritas Temporis Filia
Old 03-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

That sort of looks like his name card in that read through photo, beside Sean Teale too, so maybe he is going to be sticking around longer and getting involved with Conde?
Old 03-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

I've known that nun wasn't a nun since day one. She was way too pretty. Not sure about the potential triangle though.

What am I talking about, this is Reign. There's definitely a new triangle.