Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I personally don't think sleeping with Bash would be OOC for Mary. How anyone can possibly say so why we have only seen 9 episode, I would understand if 2 seasons or at least one has passed.

I'm really excited about latest spoilers, I'm taking anything writers give me with Mash.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieSC (View Post)
I personally don't think sleeping with Bash would be OOC for Mary. How anyone can possibly say so why we have only seen 9 episode, I would understand if 2 seasons or at least one has passed.

I'm really excited about latest spoilers, I'm taking anything writers give me with Mash.
Didn't you say it ruined Mary when she slept with Francis?
Old 01-29-2014, 12:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It would be OOC because it was SUCH a huge deal for her to give her virtue to Francis. She didn't do it lightly and it took 7 episodes and a life or death situation to put her in a position where she'd make that decision. Not to mention, she loved Francis deeply and had loved him for a while. She was swept away and look where it got her? More heartache than she could have ever imagined.

Even if Mary grows to care about Bash as she is fulfilling her duty, I don't think she's going to be swept off her feet in 2-3 episodes the way she was with Francis. And IF she was, it would cheapen the MF relationship in a way I don't think the writers are prepared to do. Mary's very likely going to do what she was supposed to do all along, which is wait for her wedding night.

Of course, this show is very plotty. I wouldn't put it past the writers to write Mary into a situation where she had to sleep with Bash for ~reasons. But I don't think anyone would want to see that.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:28 AM
Loyal Fan

I did say sex with Francis "cheapened" her character and I still think so. And doubt it will ever change. I didn't see a huge deal about their sex really. I saw it as a man taking advantage of a threatened girl. She was vulnerable, in my eyes Francis used opportunity after what Mary's been through (almost rape?). It was pretty clear she was under affection of events and wanted her first time to be with someone she has warm feelings towards. I will always stick to my opinion that Francis (who is more experienced and clearly realizes what virtue means to a Queen) shouldn't have rushed things that would eventually happen in 2 days.

To be fair I don't want Bash and Mary sex at this point. I do think circumstances and timing is wrong, but as I said I take with show what it gives me. I'm happy to see any Mash interaction.

I just find it um...interesting... how people say something is or isn't OOC when we are only 9 episodes in and we hardly have seen all the angles of her character.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

Every time someone says "Tell me when you want me to stop" means that Francis "took advantage of Mary", the fifteen year old who I once was and who was raped feels like vomiting all over the place.
Seriously, can we stop using this kind of vocabulary for a situation where Francis CLEARLY PUT THE QUESTION OF CONSENT ON THE TABLE? Thank you for cheapening the real trauma I went through and am still going through (it's nearly eight years later and I haven't even have kissed anyone) just because you don't like a ship.

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:20 AM
Loyal Fan

I feel sorry for what you've been through

Ending this topic really.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

I honestly dont think it will end up being OOC for Mary either.. And the reason I believe so is b/c I think she is going to be shocked by her feelings for Bash.. Up till now she has thought she could only love Francis but now that she can actually have time to really get to know Bash, in my eyes I can't imagine why she wouldnt fall in love with him... I think she will which is why it wouldnt be OOC.. She did sleep with Francis before marrying so in my opinion, if she truly feels love for someone and feels complete connection, she will sleep with him..
Old 01-29-2014, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

First Look: Mary's Mom Storms Into Reign - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
Madison: Reign down on me with scoop on my new obsession please!
How about a few teases on the coming episodes? We asked Laurie McCarthy to give us a few quickies on some of the next eps:
Episode 10, "Sacrifice": "Pagans"
Episode 11, "Inquisition": "Catherine Cornered"
Episode 13, "Consummation: "It's the consummation of many things."
Also, check back with us later today for a first look that will cause one of the show's couple's fans to lose their heads.
American Horror Story: Coven's Deadly Finale, Teen Wolf's "Sketchy Partnership" and More Spoiler Chat Scoop

Last edited by Bree347; 01-29-2014 at 07:16 AM
Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Feel free to dislike Francis, but what he did can in no way be described as taking advantage of mary. He was worried and his emotions were just as heightened (and he loves her). The writers had him ask her so that you knew it was HER choice. He didn't pressure her and was more than ready to stop. Just because he had more experience than her doesn't mean he was taking advantage of her.

I don't like this spoiler and I personally hope she doesn't sleep with Bash, but that's mostly cause I'm not here for a whose the daddy storyline and don't want mary to look like a filp flopper.

eta: I just don't buy that she's fallen in love with him
Old 01-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

this show keeps getting worse lol
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 01-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think so! If it was all flowers and roses the story would be really boring. Bring on the drama! lol

Last edited by dorkomatic; 01-29-2014 at 09:52 AM Reason: mis-quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I dont think it will be too OOC for her to sleep with bash if the writers choose to go that way. They may write it so that she gets caught up in the moment and then regrets it later.

Just please don't let them go down the whose the daddy road.......

Anyways, I am going to be watching reign tonight. Am I allowed to post about the episode here before you guys watch it tomorrow?

Last edited by dorkomatic; 01-29-2014 at 10:01 AM Reason: more to add
Old 01-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkomatic (View Post)
I don't think so! If it was all flowers and roses the story would be really boring. Bring on the drama! lol
yeah i agree but u don't have to have her sleeping with the other brother to have drama
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 01-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair_Verona (View Post)
yeah i agree but u don't have to have her sleeping with the other brother to have drama
I don't ship any couple so It doesn't bother me that much.

My reaction would be something like this:

::Mary sleeps with francis::
Me: "Thats hot"

::Mary sleeps with bash::
Me: This is also hot....I wonder when Francis will find out

::Mary sleeps with bash AND francis::
Me: "how very.....unexpected....."
Old 01-29-2014, 11:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Also:

Reign First Look: What Are Mary and Bash Doing With a Baby?! Check Out the Adorable Pic | E! Online

I think a bash baby running around would be cute no matter who the mom is!

daddy!bash is pretty adorable in this.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread