Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
I agree with the sentiment of wanting a new love interest for Francis in season 3. I think it would be good for Francis honestly. I'm just not sure mary is compatible with him anymore and she doesn't seem like a one man woman. Plus I want to see Toby with s new leading lady just to see it. C'mon how cute would Francis be in a new budding relationship? I know people say Francis will only be happy with Mary but I disagree. He may love and want Mary but sometimes the person you love and want isn't who's best with you. I think Francis could definitely find a woman he would be happier with than Mary.
Gosh I long for this. I want Francis to discover true love and support and I would love to watch it unfold on my screen. Toby is so good at soft romantic scenes. It's why I was so for the Kennash relationship...they had both been used and burned and they had an opportunity to find what they needed and deserved in an unlikely place (each other). I want the same for Francis. I would like any news on Lola as long as it doesn't revolve around Mary. It seems everyone has a story arc but Lola they just insert her in random people's problems as the fix.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Even if there are no papers, Francis clearly tells her something that makes her tear up so I'm hoping. He may propose an annullment or just tell her he's removing his French troops from Scotland. I'll take anything that lets mary know she can't have her cake and eat it too. And I do think we'll get something like that which leads to conde going after Francis for mary.
Maybe he tells her something like "I sent word to the Vatican about an annulment. You will be free to live life as you desire."
I don't know much about annulments or how they even work most especially back then, But I am going to assume it's much like getting a divorce just less messier. For a divorce they would have to inform the Vatican/Pope first and then go from there, so I assume an annulment is the same. I wouldn't know what papers Francis could possibly give Mary if the Vatican hasn't even approved of it yet.

So if it is an annulment he proposes [which I am pretty sure is what it is] I think he will just inform her about it and send a letter to the Vatican and then it moves on from there?....

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert
Old 03-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think he would need permission from the Pope for an annulment right? He would probably have to ask for one and provide a really damn good reason, why he should be given one. He'd probably have to send a letter or something - but that would take a long time wouldn't it?

I wonder how long it would take to get from France to Italy on horseback? Now I'm curious. lol
Old 03-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Extreme Fan

So he may let mary know he sent a letter to the pope requesting an annullment based on her adultery?

I really need to not get my hopes up lol
Old 03-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Even if there are no papers, Francis clearly tells her something that makes her tear up so I'm hoping. He may propose an annullment or just tell her he's removing his French troops from Scotland. I'll take anything that lets mary know she can't have her cake and eat it too. And I do think we'll get something like that which leads to conde going after Francis for mary.
I want it to be an annulment but it might be "just" about the troops. Maybe that's why she also weeps about not being able to live the way she wants (poor thing), because he's so mean he insists on not accepting to be a supportive cuckold.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't want him to take away her troops - I want him to ask for annulment - which would eventually mean, all of his troops, returning to France anyways. They might as well get an annulment, there is no reason at this point for him to not ask for one. Mary treats him like crap, you could say their marriage is simply an alliance but it's not even that anymore - neither of them are benefiting from the relationship in anyway anymore, really - romantically or politically. They might as well, just end it officially and each find a new consort.

I don't know if Francis, could inform the pope about her adultery, specifically though? Wouldn't she be charged with treason? She could end up being beheaded and Francis knows that - I don't think he would do that.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I want it to be an annulment but it might be "just" about the troops. Maybe that's why she also weeps about not being able to live the way she wants (poor thing), because he's so mean he insists on not accepting to be a supportive cuckold.
Those are different scenes based on their outfits. So I think the whining happens in the beginning of the episode. She has a stone face there. I think later in the ep is when Francis tells her what is what and she is shocked at the turn around.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp_chic72 (View Post)
I don't want him to take away her troops - I want him to ask for annulment - which would eventually mean, all of his troops, returning to France anyways. They might as well get an annulment, there is no reason at this point for him to not ask for one. Mary treats him like crap, you could say their marriage is simply an alliance but it's not even that anymore - neither of them are benefiting from the relationship in anyway anymore, really - romantically or politically. They might as well, just end it officially and each find a new consort.

I don't know if Francis, could inform the pope about her adultery, specifically though? Wouldn't she be charged with treason? She could end up being beheaded and Francis knows that - I don't think he would do that.
I don't think the pope would order Mary beheaded because she's a queen in her own right. An annullment and Francis waging war on scotland would be more likely in RL.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Those are different scenes based on their outfits. So I think the whining happens in the beginning of the episode. She has a stone face there. I think later in the ep is when Francis tells her what is what and she is shocked at the turn around.
Yeah, poor thing, shocked that her husband would DARE to stand up for himself for once, when she's so used to just being able to walk all over him like a doormat and get what she wants all the time. GO FRANCIS GO, PUT HER IN HER PLACE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY - SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO IT. SOON.

(I'm really hoping that Catherine will lay into her nicely in 2.17 as well. I SO want that to happen. Mama bear Catherine lashing her claws out at Mary in Francis' (AKA bear cub) name.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I think based on my Tudor nerdness a queen's adultery wasn't technically treason unless she'd plot to get rid of the king based on said adultery, which is pretty much like saying adultery is itself treason. Btw we saw that in Reign's universe adultery brought Catherine to face the scaffold so I guess Mary would risk the same and I doubt Francis would want her to get through it (after all she managed to end up there on her own eventually).
If he does want an annulment he can simply suggest she's barren. It might be too soon after one year but popes weren't too prickly and Mary doesn't have a Charles V to support her.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Addicted Fan

God I truly hope its an annulment he proposes. I think He either has already sent word to the Vatican while Mary goes of her little "love" road trip. Or he tells her he will send word in the morning. She then goes and tells Conde what Francis is planning and how this would ruin her and so Conde poisons Francis to stop him without Mary being aware of his plan?

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert
Old 03-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, poor thing, shocked that her husband would DARE to stand up for himself for once, when she's so used to just being able to walk all over him like a doormat and get what she wants all the time. GO FRANCIS GO, PUT HER IN HER PLACE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY - SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO IT. SOON.

(I'm really hoping that Catherine will lay into her nicely in 2.17 as well. I SO want that to happen. Mama bear Catherine lashing her claws out at Mary in Francis' (AKA bear cub) name.
What wouldn't I give for a Catherine/Mary tete-a-tete.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegabriela (View Post)
God I truly hope its an annulment he proposes. I think He either has already sent word to the Vatican while Mary goes of her little "love" road trip. Or he tells her he will send word in the morning. She then goes and tells Conde what Francis is planning and how this would ruin her and so Conde poisons Francis to stop him without Mary being aware of his plan?
I can see that but that scenario irks me because mary is going to come out of all of this with her hands clean. Francis and Catherine will look "bad" for believing mary was involved and Conde will pretty much be thrown under the bus not that I care about him. But the writers could easily have mary try to stop Francis but of course they'll have conde do it so Mary can still look "good." I want her to be involved in the plan so bad.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't understand this though - Mary acts like there's not going to be any consequences to her actions, she knows there are but, when she does something and the consequences bite her in the ass, she acts surprised and upset, and I'm just like - she already knew that could happen? She knows running away with Conde could cost her everything - but she does it anyways. How can she possibly be so stupid as to be shocked if Francis asked her for an annulment? They are making her look ridiculously dumb.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

Fred just posted this.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Closed Thread   Post New Thread