Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2015, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Sorry I'm so slow, but.... They're still film 216? How is that possible? Is another hiatus to come soon?
I assumed they were but they could have started 217 already. Which would be awesome because that'd mean that The Duke is here to stay a little while.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-30-2015, 09:09 AM
Addicted Fan

I can't quite catch what Narcisse is saying. It sounds like gibberish to me. Still so stupid of Mary to ask Conde to spy on his brother

ETA: So I think I got what he says "Disposed I intend to survive."? Maybe that's wrong

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert

Last edited by Jessiegabriela; 01-30-2015 at 10:17 AM
Old 01-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirouline (View Post)
As much as I like Kenna, why do I feel she might seriously consider this offer and put just more trouble in her life???
I think she will consider it, but I have a feeling she will tell Bash about Antoine's advances in this episodes, because they were talking with each other and then Bash talked to Antoine and Antoine gave him a weird look...

ds44 As much as I love Caitlin Stasey and wished she had a more important role in the show, I don't know if it's Ade's playing Mary, Mary's character just seems so selfcentered and it's not painted as a flaw, they want her to come off good and caring and the most noble person in the show, some kind of imaginary romantic heroine that cares about everybody but herself, but that's not possible because she's not.
Kenna is selfcentered and she used to act like a complete bitch. But she was always someone we can relate to, I mean I could, she's just closer to our reality, and maybe that's why some people hated her. No one cared about her, she was just a girl who someone took advantage of, and broke her heart. And I felt for her, and I was glad when she took charge of her life to find a husband, even though it wasn't the smartest choice. But what could've a woman done in this kind of situation at that time ?
The writers painted her as an insecure naive girl, who was ambitious and fell in love with the king and after Henry broke her heart and clearly told her "No one cares Kenna" she started caring about herself and just herself, and I admired that, and she's my favorite character because of that.
Mary is just not someone I can relate too, and to be frank Ade doesn't really have chemistry with anyone, I love the scenes where she's alone more then the scenes where she's with others, which is actually really weird.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
I think she will consider it, but I have a feeling she will tell Bash about Antoine's advances in this episodes, because they were talking with each other and then Bash talked to Antoine and Antoine gave him a weird look...

ds44 As much as I love Caitlin Stasey and wished she had a more important role in the show, I don't know if it's Ade's playing Mary, Mary's character just seems so selfcentered and it's not painted as a flaw, they want her to come off good and caring and the most noble person in the show, some kind of imaginary romantic heroine that cares about everybody but herself, but that's not possible because she's not.
Kenna is selfcentered and she used to act like a complete bitch. But she was always someone we can relate to, I mean I could, she's just closer to our reality, and maybe that's why some people hated her. No one cared about her, she was just a girl who someone took advantage of, and broke her heart. And I felt for her, and I was glad when she took charge of her life to find a husband, even though it wasn't the smartest choice. But what could've a woman done in this kind of situation at that time ?
The writers painted her as an insecure naive girl, who was ambitious and fell in love with the king and after Henry broke her heart and clearly told her "No one cares Kenna" she started caring about herself and just herself, and I admired that, and she's my favorite character because of that.
Mary is just not someone I can relate too, and to be frank Ade doesn't really have chemistry with anyone, I love the scenes where she's alone more then the scenes where she's with others, which is actually really weird.
For me its that I connect with Caitlin's acting choices. Her tone and facial expressions are softer and more in line with what they are making us try to buy with Mary. Ade just isn't selling it. Her concept of being badass simply comes across as mean. There are times when she is spot on. I think her romantic stuff with Toby really works, but whenever she is around someone else I find the need to roll my eyes. Maybe its that Ade thinks the sl is a crock and thus has no desire to sell it, but its the same vibe she gave me as cora.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegabriela (View Post)
ll
What if she tries to jeopardise Francis rule to make hers stronger? I don't know how that would work but in season 1 she almost ruined Francis/France for Scotland's safety. Laurie did say she will be making decisions that would put people she loves at risk.
I'm starting to think Mary will be more involved with Ambroise than I initially thought. I'm wondering if she gets upset b/c Francis refuses the annulment or doesn't help Scotland to her liking and purposefully gets involved. I don't think she would want harm to come to him but just like how she purposefully made Catherine sick to be able to make decisions freely maybe she thinks temporarily removing Francis will somehow give her the power and time to as as she wants.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
For me its that I connect with Caitlin's acting choices. Her tone and facial expressions are softer and more in line with what they are making us try to buy with Mary. Ade just isn't selling it. Her concept of being badass simply comes across as mean. There are times when she is spot on. I think her romantic stuff with Toby really works, but whenever she is around someone else I find the need to roll my eyes. Maybe its that Ade thinks the sl is a crock and thus has no desire to sell it, but its the same vibe she gave me as cora.
I totally agree with that. I never watched Ade as Cora but I agree that when Mary is being a badass she just seems mean.
Maybe I can't picture Caitlin as Mary because I'm so used to Kenna.. I don't think Ade thinks the sls are bad, she seemed happy about the rape sl, and she's rooting for Monde I think it's just the way she acts, which would be good if she was an antagonist, but in this show she's not supposed to be.
Now that I think of it, Caitlin would've been a better choice. She has her angry moments, but they never come out mean or anything.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

I wish Mary and Conde would move to Scotland permanently (preferably offscreen). Francis would definitely be better off without her. I mean look at how much better Bash's life is now that he's not in love with her. Love all the other characters and loved Mary last year but just cannot stand her this season. And that's sad since she is the main star and the protagonist.

Last edited by Austenphile; 01-30-2015 at 10:17 AM
Old 01-30-2015, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

What does Narcisse says in the extended version of the promo? I can't understand a thing.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-30-2015, 10:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I wish Mary and Conde would move to Scotland permanently (preferably offscreen). Francis would definitely be better off without her. I mean look at how much better Bash's life is now that he's not in love with her. Love all the other characters and loved Mary last year but just cannot stand her this season. And that's sad since she is the main star and the protagonist.
YES PLEASE OMG, I just want them to ship Mary somewhere far away where I can never see her face again. I know it's bad but she's just the most annoying person ever.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Omg Mary is becoming extremely irritating ......
Old 01-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
What does Narcisse says in the extended version of the promo? I can't understand a thing.
I think I heard something like "I suppose there are tenses over our head" Not sure if that makes any sense
Old 01-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
I totally agree with that. I never watched Ade as Cora but I agree that when Mary is being a badass she just seems mean.
Maybe I can't picture Caitlin as Mary because I'm so used to Kenna.. I don't think Ade thinks the sls are bad, she seemed happy about the rape sl, and she's rooting for Monde I think it's just the way she acts, which would be good if she was an antagonist, but in this show she's not supposed to be.
Now that I think of it, Caitlin would've been a better choice. She has her angry moments, but they never come out mean or anything.
when did she say she was happy about the rape and was rooting for monde? I've been trying to get a handle on how she feels about her current sls because she seems checked out during certain scenes. But on twitter she really doesn't talk about the show. She asks people to watch, and posts pics, but I have seen nothing with her commenting on the storylines like she used to.

Quote:
I wish Mary and Conde would move to Scotland permanently (preferably offscreen). Francis would definitely be better off without her. I mean look at how much better Bash's life is now that he's not in love with her. The woman is toxic. Love all the other characters and loved Mary last year but just cannot stand her this season. And that's sad since she is the main star and the protagonist.
Elizabeth should come to the show and propose marriage to francis. That would throw her for a doozy.

Quote:
IA I believe Caitlin has more range than Adelaide. But Ade does seem to be a bit checked out. for instance, I remember last year when she had a crying scene coming up she posted how she was going to turn her phone off for half the day in preparation. This season, fred posted a BTS of her smiling while looking at her phone right before she shot her biggest crying scene this season, which was of her and catherine right after the rape.

She just seems less emotionally invested this year. If it's not the material, it could be the poor ratings and negative feedback.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegabriela (View Post)
I can't quite catch what Narcisse is saying. It sounds like gibberish to me. Still so stupid of Mary to ask Conde to spy on his brother

ETA: So I think I got what he says "Disposed I intend to survive."? Maybe that's wrong
I just wanted to add something because I rewatched the promo and this time I wasn't focused on the kennash/Antoine shots x)
I think it was pretty stupid of Mary to ask him to spy on his own brother, and I'm like so glad he put her in her place. She always did stuff like that, she did that with Bash last season, and now she's doing it with Conde.
OMG seriously Conde is slaying everything I loved how he told "Don't try to take advantage of my feelings for you." because someone must tell her to stop doing that.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Preach it!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
when did she say she was happy about the rape and was rooting for monde? I've been trying to get a handle on how she feels about her current sls because she seems checked out during certain scenes. But on twitter she really doesn't talk about the show. She asks people to watch, and posts pics, but I have seen nothing with her commenting on the storylines like she used to.
Well someone here said (I don't remember who) that she's rooting for Monde and she changed her mind about the triangles, and she made an interview about the rape sl and she said that everyone was very understanding, and patient and it was the most horrible thing she had to act but she was glad she did and she wanted to help the victims and inspire them to make a phone call