Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2014, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by youpin (View Post)
I see it kind of Dawson's Creek as well. It started off with Dawson and Joey seeming to be meant to be and then the chemistry between Pacey and Joey changed the course of the way. It happens sometimes where the show seems like it is going in one direction with a couple (A+B) and then chemistry between character A from the couple and character C comes as a surprise and the show goes with A+C instead.
I don't think MB can be compared to PJo, especially not this early into the show (sorry, but PJo is pretty much the greatest ship to ever sail and MB haven't even had much screen time together).

But, if you're speaking generally, then sure the chemistry can often dictate where the story goes. Which is why MF seem pretty safe to me. The extreme chemistry Toby and Ade bring to the screen is a rare thing of beauty, IMO.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Administrator

I always find it amusing and a compliment to Dawson’s Creek and to Josh Jackson and Katie Holmes that so many couples are compared to Pacey and Joey. They really did have a huge impact on a lot of people. I was the moderator of the Dawson’s Creek board here when the show was on, and people either loved them with a passion or hated them with a passion, but they’ve become the couple that a lot of people compare other couples to.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Not to start a fight, but a lot of people compare other couples to Dawson/Joey as well. Especially if they knew each other as kids or were friends who fell in love. I think the ENTIRE triangle is still respected and it deserves it because it was well-written.

icon
Old 01-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I see it kind of Dawson's Creek as well. It started off with Dawson and Joey seeming to be meant to be and then the chemistry between Pacey and Joey changed the course of the way. It happens sometimes where the show seems like it is going in one direction with a couple (A+B) and then chemistry between character A from the couple and character C comes as a surprise and the show goes with A+C instead.
Except the couple with the chemistry is FM not mb. The fan base isn't even that split unless you count polls and that's more a sign of who us more dedicated to voting repeatedly. The Dawson's comparisons I s also used in every fandom and has only happened once and j say this as a PJ fan. Story was changed cause the showrunner left and PJ had more story. Who knows what will happen with reign but mb isn't pulling story or chem.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm not sure if MB has chemistry yet, and what happens if he has more chemistry with another girl?

Like with Tomorrow People, it was promoted as a triangle but it kind of backfired a bit, I think. The triangle isn't helping with ratings.

icon
Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I always find it amusing and a compliment to Dawson’s Creek and to Josh Jackson and Katie Holmes that so many couples are compared to Pacey and Joey. They really did have a huge impact on a lot of people. I was the moderator of the Dawson’s Creek board here when the show was on, and people either loved them with a passion or hated them with a passion, but they’ve become the couple that a lot of people compare other couples to.
As much as I love PJ, I don't think it was that well-writtten. Its just TV today is awful.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
As much as I love PJ, I don't think it was that well-writtten. Its just TV today is awful.
Oh believe me, it wasn't well written, and it divided the fanbase and made the Dawson's Creek board really difficult to moderate.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Well I agree with you I totally see the MB chemistry and can see the comparison to JP's journey and how it all started.. Its all about where the story travels.. Of coarse its not exactly the same b/c of the time period, but anyone can see the similarities in behaviour and writing..

------------

I still dont think I believe Mash knew each other as kids but I would like to see a flashback that opens our eyes to something that happened we werent aware of..
Old 01-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

I don't see the similarities at all. I mean, obviously I don't really ship PJo, but PJ weren't kissing like Mash was in season 1 and Mash doesn't have nearly the amount of interaction that PJ had in the first few eps. Not to mention that the Dawson/Paceey bromance was two years in the making and they'll be destroying the Reign brotherhood by ep. 9. I don't think Reign can reach that level of writing a decent triangle because they haven't put enough time into building Mash or making us believe that Bash would betray his brother. The only similarity to DC for me is you've got two brunettes and a blonde.

icon
Old 01-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Absolute Fan

I think its too early to say, were speculating so it could be possible... We're only up to episode 9.. JP were nowhere near a possibility in the first or even second season...
It can happen..
Old 01-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah true Jerry, but I don't get it with Pjo, how they can be compared to any of the couples I ship.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Well I agree with you I totally see the MB chemistry and can see the comparison to JP's journey and how it all started.. Its all about where the story travels.. Of coarse its not exactly the same b/c of the time period, but anyone can see the similarities in behaviour and writing..

------------

I still dont think I believe Mash knew each other as kids but I would like to see a flashback that opens our eyes to something that happened we werent aware of..
Yeah, I agree. Mash chemistry stands out on this show for sure. It's one of those very few couples who have sparks flying without them sharing kiss or sex scenes.

And it's only episode 8 now. Nothing can be build properly or developed in such short amount of time. Mash definitely have huge potential and I can't wait to see what writers prepeared for us
Old 01-14-2014, 03:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieSC (View Post)
Yeah, I agree. Mash chemistry stands out on this show for sure. It's one of those very few couples who have sparks flying without them sharing kiss or sex scenes.

And it's only episode 8 now. Nothing can be build properly or developed in such short amount of time. Mash definitely have huge potential and I can't wait to see what writers prepeared for us
Yep the great thing about them is they arent being rushed... Its a slow burn which means the payoff will be all the more satisfying... All great loves start with friendship imo... The moments they get are special and even Francis see's their connection... Everyone sees it at first but Mash and there's the surprise for them both...
Old 01-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yep the great thing about them is they arent being rushed... Its a slow burn which means the payoff will be all the more satisfying... All great loves start with friendship imo... The moments they get are special and even Francis see's their connection... Everyone sees it at first but Mash and there's the surprise for them both...
I completely agree. Show already promises us more Mash in the second half, so I'm very optimistic
It's obvious that first half should have been dedicated to FM and I like how their bond wasn't dragged for whole season. The sooner FM are established the faster triangle will start. I'm actually happy it didn't took us so much time as in TVD. But I guess it's due to ratings. TVD was always safe, while Reign is a "bubble" show. Writers had to make some events happen really fast, but I don't care about it as long as Mash is developing and growing.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
JP were nowhere near a possibility in the first or even second season...
Yeah, that's why the comparison doesn't work.....

But I wouldn't be surprised if they made a quadrangle since it's still the first season. DC created a quadrangle too so we'll see what goes down.

icon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread