Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Reign Spoilers and Speculation #29: Is Catherine going mad?

REIGN SPOILERS & SPECULATION THREAD

Airing Thursdays at 8 PM EST on the CW

The second season begins with Mary and Francis on the throne of a nation burning. France is rocked by the aftereffects of the plague -- a disease that creeps inside the castle walls, taking thousands upon thousands of lives across the land, and ravages the stability of a nation. From the ashes, powerful lords will rise, carrying out personal, religious and political vendettas, taking lives, and tearing at Mary and Francis’s commitment to each other, and their people. Friendships will be tested, loved ones murdered and betrayed. Meanwhile, a mysterious and deadly threat snatches victims from village streets and castle corridors; leaving evidence of savagery that looks like the work of monsters; mythical creatures who are the subject of nightmares, but who walk among us, doing the Devil’s bidding.

Second Half Promo

2x12: Banished
Stills | CW Promo | M3 Promo
MURDER, MAYHEM AND SOME SHOCKING REVELATIONS — Mary (Adelaide Kane) finds out the truth from Greer (Celina Sinden) about rumors going around Court, forcing Mary to do something she never thought possible. Francis (Toby Regbo) finds himself in a growing rivalry with Condé (Sean Teale) for Mary. Bash’s (Torrance Coombs) mother Diane (guest star Anna Walton) returns, igniting a long overdue confrontation with Catherine (Megan Follows), while Claude (Rose Williams) is determined to find out the truth about who really killed the twins. Craig Parker, Caitlin Stasey, Jonathan Keltz and Anna Popplewell also star. Larysa Kondracki directed the episode written by Chelsey Lora (#212).

2x13: Sins of the Past
FRANCIS AND MARY REUNITE AS THEY LEARN OF ENGLAND'S PLAN FOR RETRIBUTION — As the castle prepares for the Winter’s Ease Feast, King Antoine (guest star Ben Aldridge) of Navarre reveals to Francis (Toby Regbo) and Mary (Adelaide Kane) England's plan for revenge against France. Bash (Torrance Coombs) learns that an “undead” man has been seen in the village and his efforts to track the man down lead him to a mysterious woman in white. Meanwhile, Catherine (Megan Follows) finds out the cause of her hallucinations. Sean Teale, Celina Sinden, Craig Parker, Rose Williams, Caitlin Stasey, Jonathan Keltz and Anna Popplewell also star. Deborah Chow directed the episode written by Doris Egan and Melody Fox (#213).

2x14: The End of the Mourning
MARY MUST RESOLVE HER FEELINGS FOR CONDE — As Mary (Adelaide Kane) and Francis (Toby Regbo) investigate who was behind the poisoning of King Henry (Alan Van Sprang), they unearth secrets of the past which force Mary to confront her feelings for Condé (Sean Teale) as she attempts to move forward. Catherine (Megan Follows) finds herself in the middle of a romantic triangle when the Duke of Guise (guest star Gil Darnell) returns, which forces Narcisse (Craig Parker) to commit a hideous act out of desperation. Meanwhile, Greer (Celina Sinden) finds herself in a situation she never fathomed in order to survive. Rose Williams, Caitlin Stasey, Torrance Coombs, Jonathan Keltz and Anna Popplewell also star. Nathaniel Goodman directed the episode written by Laurie McCarthy and Nancy Won (#214).

2x15: N/A
TBD

(most recent first)

Megan Follows TVLine interview 10/16New Frary promoVarious interviews 10/2Jonathan Keltz on Greer & LeithMegan Follows HuffPost interviewToby on Mary/Francis and sexAccess Hollywood Laurie interview 9/30Laurie & Ade interview 9/29TVGuide Magazine Scan 9/22New Season 2 FootageNew Season 2 LooksLaurie McCarthy BuzzFeed InterviewEW Fall TV PreviewAdelaide Kane EW interviewKenna & Bash will struggle in Season 2TVLine Fall TV Spoilers (+ new Mary still)Eonline Fall TV Spoiler-ramaPrincess Claude castWhat's Next For ReignAdelaide Kane, Toby Regbo & EP Laurie McCarthy on Season 2Francis' GuiltLaurie McCarthy SDCC Interview 2 3Megan Follows & Laurie McCarthy at Comic-ConMary & Francis’ Marriage, Plague DeathsThe Plague, Bastard Children, Political Problems & MoreCraig Parker Cast As NarcisseCatherine’s Daughter Casting, Henry’s DeathReign Season 2: Exclusive Casting News

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net

Last edited by ScarletCourt; 01-26-2015 at 07:19 PM
Old 01-23-2015, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

Bringing this over from the previous thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
early ratings .4/1.25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Here's what we got for Early overnights:

Quote:
Capping off the night was The CW’s combination of “The Vampire Diaries” at a 1.5/ 2 (#5) at 8 p.m., which dropped by 21 percent from one year earlier, and sophomore “Reign” (#5: 1.0/ 2), which slipped from “The Vampire Diaries” by 33 percent.
Ratings News - 23rd January 2015 | Spoilers

Wow! That's a significant plummet! We'll have to see what the final ratings will be.

Also of note from that link:
Quote:
-Percent Change from Year-Ago Evening – Thursday 1/23/15:
NBC: +17, CBS: + 9, Fox: no change, ABC: -21, CW: -25
How do these two sets of ratings jive? I just want to understand.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt

Didn't we get a picture of Toby and Craig rehearsing for 2x12 a few weeks back?

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-23-2015, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Yes from Fred Gerber.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

For some reason I thought that Catherine was coming out of whatever hallucinogenic state she was in at the end of Getaway but I see by the M3 video for Banished she is still crazy/poisoned which is upsetting. I would love her opinion and advice to Francis on the brothers doom, and with her close ties to the Vatican I can't believe she doesn't have anything to say on Francis' recent actions. I'm beginning to wonder if the show purposely contradicts itself. They are constantly giving lip service through Mary and then having her act in the exact opposite direction. She says she can't stand to be touched by men but then is constantly grabbing for Louis. I wish they would crap or get off the pot with this will they or won't they story with them so we can move onto less boring stories.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

I would have thought that Catherine was exiting her seeing ghost state after the scene with Henry and the girls in Getaway, but I also knew from the mid-season promo that we were still missing that scene where she runs out into the snow with Henry and also the long ED for 2x13 says that Catherine finds out the cause of her hallucinations in that episode.

Mary saying she can't bear the touch of men and grabbing Condé's hand nearly immediately afterward I think is supposed to show the audience that she's getting over that (how that's possible not sure) and starting to be attracted to Condé.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think what they want to show us is that Mary tries to move on from what happened to her, and Conde is helping her doing that, perhaps he'll be the first man she can stand after what happened.
This is actually what happens in most shows in which a character has suffered a traumatic event. The character can't do something and then there's a stranger who comes along and the character opens up to them and they end up being well because of that stranger.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt.

icon
Old 01-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Addicted Fan

She right out lies to him. She tells him she can't bare to have ANY man close to her, but then we get a scene of Francis watching Mary grab Conde's hand. Whether this scene comes before of after her comment to Francis, he catches her in her lie. She will be the one to suffer in the end.

I think what she said to Francis was a lie. [She could very well feel uncomfortable having strangers next to her] I just don't think she would have a problem having him close to her, or even holding her hand. I mean She was all about ready to fix their relationship, which I would assume means she was ready to a least let him stand within a few inches of her, or hold her hand and be there for her.
I think she's trying to push him away because of what she walked in on last episode and I think knowing that Conde has feelings for her, gives her the sense that she is at least wanted by one man. It was the same with Bash, any time Francis showed no interest those first couple episode, Bash was there to "comfort" her and make her feel wanted and special.

She walks in on Francis, Lola & the baby sleeping together and she feels out of place, like she intruded on a special moment. She feels like she has no place in their little family. So she seeks "comfort" on someone she knows will shower her with attention and be at her bidding.

Her "clueless" reaction when Francis confronts her after the duel is really annoying, she knows damn well how Conde feels and though she may have made him aware of her feeling for Francis in 2x11. I can definitely see her encouraging Conde feelings after what she saw last episode.

This isn't the writer intention of showing Mary's start to recovery, they are playing to the triangle. If it wasn't they wouldn't have had Mary walk in on Francis, Lola & the baby sleeping together like a "perfect" family.
They would have followed through with what they were going to have Mary do last episode, which was to fix hers and Francis relationship. Y'all need to stop thinking that the writer have this mastermind up their sleeves because it is so obvious that they don't.

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert

Last edited by Jessiegabriela; 01-23-2015 at 01:12 PM
Old 01-23-2015, 03:44 PM
Extreme Fan

IA with everything you said Jessiegabriela. Mary was "healed" last episode when she realized she could make contact with someone, which is why she was ready to try with francis.

Next episode, she'll just be trying to keep francis away because of what she witnessed and will continue to lead conde on because he showers her with attention. She can touch francis. She just doesn't want to because of what she saw.

As you said, they're playing this no different than the bash/mary/francis triangle. When she saw frola and baby that to her was a "rejection" by francis, so she's running to Conde. wash, rinse, repeat...

Final ratings. .4/1.16

Last edited by makeitreign; 01-23-2015 at 04:00 PM
Old 01-23-2015, 03:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegabriela (View Post)
She right out lies to him. She tells him she can't bare to have ANY man close to her, but then we get a scene of Francis watching Mary grab Conde's hand. Whether this scene comes before of after her comment to Francis, he catches her in her lie. She will be the one to suffer in the end.
Her "clueless" reaction when Francis confronts her after the duel is really annoying, she knows damn well how Conde feels and though she may have made him aware of her feeling for Francis in 2x11. I can definitely see her encouraging Conde feelings after what she saw last episode.

This isn't the writer intention of showing Mary's start to recovery, they are playing to the triangle. If it wasn't they wouldn't have had Mary walk in on Francis, Lola & the baby sleeping together like a "perfect" family.
They would have followed through with what they were going to have Mary do last episode, which was to fix hers and Francis relationship. Y'all need to stop thinking that the writer have this mastermind up their sleeves because it is so obvious that they don't.
I agree with you but none of this is ok. "Isn't lying a betrayal" was something Mary said a few episodes ago. She seems such the hypocrite and I don't understand the story point to her hypocrisy. If Conde makes her feel better then fine...but stop the back and forth. ..let her and Francis start the healing process with people who make them feel alive and needed and loved. Playing to the triangle just cheapens anything having to do with Mary's story to me. She has suffered a grave injustice and playing tug of war with affections at this point is stupid. Make a decision and start on the path to recovery. There are better stories for all characters then what we are being given.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:12 PM
New Fan

So the Dark Riders storyline seems to be done. Honestly, I'm surprised they even brought it up again. Now when will Catherine's storyline resolve? It's provided some interesting material, but for the most part has been a bore.

I've got a theory about the twins' murders. It's kinda ridiculous, but I can't help myself: if Claude isn't responsible for the twins' deaths, what if Clarissa is and for Catherine's hallucinations now? Sure, Clarissa didn't know Catherine was her mother until halfway through Season 1, but still.

We know she's alive; what if she's somehow gone back into hiding near the castle and has managed to escape detection? Catherine's behavior could have been transmitted through syphilis, but what if it wasn't? What if Clarissa poisoned both Henry in S1's second half and Catherine now to get back at her mother?
Old 01-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Does anyone know what episode they are currently filming?
Old 01-23-2015, 04:36 PM
Passionate Fan

I think 16? Here are some pics Fred Gerber posted today:
https://twitter.com/FredGerber/statu...44211202121728
https://twitter.com/FredGerber/statu...808258/photo/1
https://twitter.com/FredGerber/statu...59124355801089

Veritas Temporis Filia
Old 01-23-2015, 04:48 PM
Extreme Fan

eek conde and antoine just hanging around court. I think it's antoine in the shot with the ladies.

yikes at those comments under the first pic
Closed Thread   Post New Thread