Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylious (View Post)
True, Francis didn't have to listen to a word that Narcisse said. So yeah, he is partly to blame too. I won't deny that even if he's my favorite. I was angry that he allowed Nacisse to strong-armed him into that situation.
I think we're not supposed to really blame Francis because we're supposed to buy his claims that regicide would have had them all killed, blablah. Which is nonsense, but the show sold it as a very serious, matter-of-fact truth.

Btw, if Marie is returning I see her death as more and more likely. Reign also looks like the kind of show that wouldn't let her die without seeing Mary first, so it'd make sense.

Last edited by drunkalice; 12-18-2014 at 08:12 PM
Old 12-18-2014, 11:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
Henry publicly claiming his bastards meant nothing because henry had legitimate heirs for the crown to pass to. This is a situation in which the King, Francis, has no legitimate heirs. His only blood child is Jean. There would at least be a battle between Jean's supporters and Charles's for the crown. And there would surely be a record of it.
History is written by people who bend it to their knowledge. I don't see why--in the Reign universe-- Francis can't have a son whom he claimed publicly at court, that never made it to the history books. I don't see this as a problem. IF the show ever gets to the point where Francis dies, I highly doubt his living, bastard son is going to figure into much of anything, other than Lola fleeing the country with him, perhaps? Actually, that makes for a strong argument as to why Mary would take Lola and Jean with her to Scotland-- because the baby's life would be endangered in France as a possible heir.

Funny how I suggested Marie might be the big death and here she is coming back to the show. Coincidence? I think not.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Francis didn't allow himself to be strong-armed. That's not something you allow. It happens...against your will.

regicide does put them all in danger. His head was and frankly always will be on the line because of his decision to kill Henry. Now that was a poor decision. IMO He should've let Catherine do it. His position as King will forever be fragile because he killed the previous King.

What I didn't understand was him thinking people would believe Mary if she denied having knowledge of him killing Henry. But tbh I also don't understand the argument that if francis told Mary before, she wouldn't have been raped. Mary has never handled a threat as big as Narcisse. The idea that if she knew she could've handled him better is baseless. IMO
Old 12-19-2014, 02:02 AM
Master Fan

Marie is coming back for one episode and Laurie made it seems like there will be a LOT going on...enough to have her die? I don't know. How did she really die in real life?

Still want to know who's lady is gonna experience something unusual and what it could be.

As the king, Francis could have had Narcisse arrested or killed at anytime, without people ever knowing about the regicide. We we supposed to buy that as a serious matter but it was done in a cheap way. Just like Francis not telling Mary right away when he learned from Narcisse that she and Catherine were plotting against Henry. That was so stupid!

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 12-19-2014, 03:46 AM
Addicted Fan

I predict Marie will inadvertently kill the baby

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert
Old 12-19-2014, 03:47 AM
Master Fan

^^ I predict the baby ain't dying...

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 12-19-2014, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Marie is coming back for one episode and Laurie made it seems like there will be a LOT going on...enough to have her die? I don't know. How did she really die in real life?
Marie de Guise died of dropsy in June 1660 in Scotland and she had swelling since April of that year. So either she had congestive heart failure or some other ailment befalling her in early 1660.

1558-1660 were very tumultuous years for Mary, Queen of Scots. She was married, became Queen of France, lost her mother and was widowed.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 12-19-2014, 05:14 AM
New Fan

I get the sense that Marie's return might see some mention of the continuing conflict between Catholics and Protestants in Scotland, the siege of Leith, and eventually the Treaty of Edinburgh. I've been thinking so much about events in France that I had completely forgotten about important parallel events in Scotland.

Maud&Danny, Marie died of dropsy in June 1560, six months before her son-in-law Francis.

So, it looks like we've got Amboise, Marie's death?, Treaty of Edinburgh?, Francis' death (likely, if no renewal for Season 3) - hmm. Seems like a lot to cram in. At least Scottish events will probably be dealt with off screen.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
As the king, Francis could have had Narcisse arrested or killed at anytime, without people ever knowing about the regicide. We we supposed to buy that as a serious matter but it was done in a cheap way. Just like Francis not telling Mary right away when he learned from Narcisse that she and Catherine were plotting against Henry. That was so stupid!
Yeah, really stupid indeed. I was so freaking mad about that.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 12-19-2014, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

Please don't kill the baby. That would be awful and Francis will always resent Mary If her mother kills the baby.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I don't think the baby will die and I really don't care to see that happen at this point. Francis really loves his son and lola/francis have a strictly platonic relationship. I don't want to see Mary and Conde growing closer because its such a gross message. The fact that they grow closer because she was raised. It's just a nasty nasty message. I do think Francis and Mary's relationship will be find when all is said and done, but the writers can't take away the message they put out there (that its acceptable to use a rape to move other storylines forward).

But, what is done is done. At this point, I want to see Conde called out for the sneaky little bitch that he is. I want to see Mary and Francis slowly starting to rebuild and I want Narcisse held responsible for his actions.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I bought regicide as serious. And Narcisse was not the only person who knew of the regicide. Arresting or killing him wouldn't stop the people other people i.e. montgomery from telling.

At the end of the day, francis was trying to protect the people he loves. He's a King, his job, so his to protect his people and that includes his wife and mother. He failed to protect Mary but I don't consider his efforts stupid by any means.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I don't think the baby will die and I really don't care to see that happen at this point. Francis really loves his son and lola/francis have a strictly platonic relationship. I don't want to see Mary and Conde growing closer because its such a gross message. The fact that they grow closer because she was raised. It's just a nasty nasty message. I do think Francis and Mary's relationship will be find when all is said and done, but the writers can't take away the message they put out there (that its acceptable to use a rape to move other storylines forward).

But, what is done is done. At this point, I want to see Conde called out for the sneaky little bitch that he is. I want to see Mary and Francis slowly starting to rebuild and I want Narcisse held responsible for his actions.
well adelaide and sean are still filming solo scenes together and they're filming episode 14 now. Conde's brother Antoine is still in town, and sean is also filming alot with the actor who plays him as well. So unfortunately, they're going to drag this s/l out. I can't imagine the payoff being in anyway worth all the b/s coming our way in the second half.

And since this is reign's last season I really resent all of the time this season spent on these new characters and these miserable s/ls.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:31 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
mary de guise news:

The last time viewers saw Mary’s mother on Reign, it was at Mary’s wedding to Francis and things didn’t exactly end well. More specifically, Mary found out that her mother had delivered false news of the Queen of England’s death in order to speed up the process of Mary getting married. Mary then proceeded to kick her mother out of France.
But that might not last long. EW has learned exclusively that Amy Brenneman is set to reprise her role as Marie de Guise in an episode airing in early 2015.

“We are very excited to welcome back Amy Brenneman as Marie de Guise in an episode airing next year,” executive producer Laurie McCarthy said. “You never know what’s coming with Marie de Guise, and this time will be no different as she delivers a series of shocking revelations to Mary, and ultimately forces her to face and confront her failing relationship with Francis.”

McCarthy’s final tease: “And get ready to see how Marie inadvertently causes one of the ladies-in-waiting to experience something they’ve never experienced before!”

Amy Brenneman to return to 'Reign' as Marie de Guise -- exclusive | Inside TV | EW.com
Thanks.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And since this is reign's last season I really resent all of the time this season spent on these new characters and these miserable s/ls.
^^This! Why can we have some nice and fun stuff?

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Closed Thread   Post New Thread