Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Reign Spoilers and Speculation #26: Will Mary's rape be to further plot only or will there be repercussions for Mary?

REIGN SPOILERS & SPECULATION THREAD

Airing Thursdays at 8 PM EST on the CW

The second season begins with Mary and Francis on the throne of a nation burning. France is rocked by the aftereffects of the plague -- a disease that creeps inside the castle walls, taking thousands upon thousands of lives across the land, and ravages the stability of a nation. From the ashes, powerful lords will rise, carrying out personal, religious and political vendettas, taking lives, and tearing at Mary and Francis’s commitment to each other, and their people. Friendships will be tested, loved ones murdered and betrayed. Meanwhile, a mysterious and deadly threat snatches victims from village streets and castle corridors; leaving evidence of savagery that looks like the work of monsters; mythical creatures who are the subject of nightmares, but who walk among us, doing the Devil’s bidding.

2x10: Mercy
Stills | CW Promo | M3 Promo
MARY SEEKS RETRIBUTION — In the aftermath of an attack on the castle, a blood-thirsty Francis (Toby Regbo) makes a startling decision that will forever change his rule as the King of France, causing him to track the missing Narcisse (Craig Parker) with a newfound lust for revenge. Meanwhile, Mary (Adelaide Kane) is stunned to discover the truth behind Francis’ recent decisions and embarks on a treacherous mission of her own with Lord Condé (Sean Teale). Leith (Jonathan Keltz) urgently pleads with Greer (Celina Sinden) to flee the country after violence erupts across the land. Catherine (Megan Follows) receives an unexpected and erotic visit in her chambers after making a final decision regarding the fate of her daughter Claude (Rose Williams). Torrance Coombs, Anna Popplewell and Caitlin Stasey also star. Rich Newey directed the episode written by Wendy Riss Gatsiounis and Drew Lindo (#210)

2x11: N/A
Stills | CW Promo | M3 Promo
TBD

GENERAL SPOILERS:
(most recent first)

Megan Follows TVLine interview 10/16New Frary promoVarious interviews 10/2Jonathan Keltz on Greer & LeithMegan Follows HuffPost interviewToby on Mary/Francis and sexAccess Hollywood Laurie interview 9/30Laurie & Ade interview 9/29TVGuide Magazine Scan 9/22New Season 2 FootageNew Season 2 LooksLaurie McCarthy BuzzFeed InterviewEW Fall TV PreviewAdelaide Kane EW interviewKenna & Bash will struggle in Season 2TVLine Fall TV Spoilers (+ new Mary still)Eonline Fall TV Spoiler-ramaPrincess Claude castWhat's Next For ReignAdelaide Kane, Toby Regbo & EP Laurie McCarthy on Season 2Francis' GuiltLaurie McCarthy SDCC Interview 2 3Megan Follows & Laurie McCarthy at Comic-ConMary & Francis’ Marriage, Plague DeathsThe Plague, Bastard Children, Political Problems & MoreCraig Parker Cast As NarcisseCatherine’s Daughter Casting, Henry’s DeathReign Season 2: Exclusive Casting News

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net

Last edited by ScarletCourt; 12-15-2014 at 10:10 PM
Old 12-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
Yes but real Mary was 15 and Francis was 14 (he died at 15), Kenna seems more naive and childlike than Mary, that's why I think she's the youngest of the ladies, and Claude is Francis' young sister (and I was very generous by giving her 13-14 years old because she was 3 years younger than Francis so normally she's 11 years old.) Catherine didn't have children with Henry the first 7 years of their marriage and both Henry and Catherine were worried about their fertility except Henry historically had a daughter with some random girl during those 7 years, so I'm guessing Bash was conceived during those 7 years as well, he must be 21 or younger. Lola and Greer seem more mature and act more like adults compared to Mary or Kenna who may sometimes, be reckless. So I'm guessing they're older.
I know TV show doesn't show 13-14 years old having sex, but these are characters based from real life.
Actually IRL Mary was three days before her 18th birthday when Francis died at the age of 16 years, 10 months, 16 days, so she is a little older than 15. She was approximately 13.5 months older than Francis.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 12-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Again I don't take the show has historically accurate so I do think Francis and Mary are around 15-17
Old 12-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

I try not to think about their age because if I would start to... the only thing I would want to do is: because of Kenna/Henry, Lola/Narcisse

oh and.. TFTNT
Old 12-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Same I try not to, but when I do, I'm so shocked, especially Kenna/Henry, Lola/Narcisse, Claude/Narcisse and Claude/everyone xD
Old 12-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Historically, Francis died when he was 16, so right now he's younger than that, though not by much (I'm assuming his death is S2's cliffhanger). Claude was 3 years younger, that would make her twelve, almost thirteen. It's ludicrous.

I see Reign as a kind of alternate universe. They all seem to be in their twenties.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This show takes liberties with history Mary's ladies in waiting are all original, Bash is original, so is Henry's death. Therefore why can't the characters be a little older.

Last edited by fox24; 12-07-2014 at 03:50 PM
Old 12-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't think they're killing francis off until the end of the series now that they've started to take plots from historical events that happened after his death i.e. mary's rape, conde/claude and st. bart massacre
Old 12-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
This show takes liberties with history Mary's ladies in waiting are all original, Bash is original, so is Henry's death. Therefore why can't the characters be a little older.
I'm 100% sure they're all a little older than they're supposed to be. It happens a lot in historical fiction, especially biopics, with the actors usually having to cover ten to twenty years with their own same faces. I think the main characters started out as 14 or 15-year-olds, Bash and some of the ladies being a few years older.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I'm 100% sure they're all a little older than they're supposed to be. It happens a lot in historical fiction, especially biopics, with the actors usually having to cover ten to twenty years with their own same faces. I think the main characters started out as 14 or 15-year-olds, Bash and some of the ladies being a few years older.
Yeah that what I think to. No one is 13-14 except maybe Claude
Old 12-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 12-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

tftnt
Old 12-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Same I try not to, but when I do, I'm so shocked, especially Kenna/Henry, Lola/Narcisse, Claude/Narcisse and Claude/everyone xD
Weirdly I don't have any problem with Lola/Narcisse or Kenna/Henry because their chemistry makes it conpletely forgettable.

Now Claude/Narcisse (ewwww) or Claude/everyone I have a problem with and I blame the actress look for it, she looks like a little girl and her character acts like a spoiled brat which makes her very infantile.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 12-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Weirdly when I don't think about their age I don't have any problem with any of them hooking up with older guys, even Claude, I think she's funny.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Weirdly when I don't think about their age I don't have any problem with any of them hooking up with older guys, even Claude, I think she's funny.
Nah, she's trying too hard imo. She's a very pale version of Catherine. Hopefully whatever storyline she'll have with Conde (marrying him or not) will make her a little more likeable.

I'm bringing this question from the last thread, what do you think could possibly be worse than death? That line Francis says to Narcisse has me intrigued.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread