Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2014, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

Reign Spoilers and Speculation #24: How Much More of Religious Wars will there be?

REIGN SPOILERS & SPECULATION THREAD

Airing Thursdays at 8 PM EST on the CW

The second season begins with Mary and Francis on the throne of a nation burning. France is rocked by the aftereffects of the plague -- a disease that creeps inside the castle walls, taking thousands upon thousands of lives across the land, and ravages the stability of a nation. From the ashes, powerful lords will rise, carrying out personal, religious and political vendettas, taking lives, and tearing at Mary and Francis’s commitment to each other, and their people. Friendships will be tested, loved ones murdered and betrayed. Meanwhile, a mysterious and deadly threat snatches victims from village streets and castle corridors; leaving evidence of savagery that looks like the work of monsters; mythical creatures who are the subject of nightmares, but who walk among us, doing the Devil’s bidding.

2x09: Acts of War
Stills | CW Promo | M3 Promo

IS ANOTHER ROYAL WEDDING IN SIGHT? — With a holiday celebration around the corner, Bash (Torrance Coombs) uncovers what could be the answer to Francis (Toby Regbo) finally escaping the oppressive thumb of Lord Narcisse (Craig Parker), and the two formulate a daring plan. Meanwhile, Mary proposes the radical idea of marrying the Protestant Lord Condé (Sean Teale) to the Catholic Claude (Rose Williams), a scheme that she believes a viable path forward to peace, but Claude has other plans in store. As preparations are made for the upcoming feast, Greer (Celina Sinden) discovers that she may be more involved with the Protestant movement than she originally thought. Megan Follows, Jonathan Keltz, Caitlin Stasey and Anna Popplewell also star. Fred Gerber directed the episode written by Laurie McCarthy and Nancy Won (#209).

2x10: Mercy
MARY SEEKS RETRIBUTION — In the aftermath of an attack on the castle, a blood-thirsty Francis (Toby Regbo) makes a startling decision that will forever change his rule as the King of France, causing him to track the missing Narcisse (Craig Parker) with a newfound lust for revenge. Meanwhile, Mary (Adelaide Kane) is stunned to discover the truth behind Francis’ recent decisions and embarks on a treacherous mission of her own with Lord Condé (Sean Teale). Leith (Jonathan Keltz) urgently pleads with Greer (Celina Sinden) to flee the country after violence erupts across the land. Catherine (Megan Follows) receives an unexpected and erotic visit in her chambers after making a final decision regarding the fate of her daughter Claude (Rose Williams). Torrance Coombs, Anna Popplewell and Caitlin Stasey also star. Rich Newey directed the episode written by Wendy Riss Gatsiounis and Drew Lindo (#210)

2x11: N/A
TBD

GENERAL SPOILERS:
(most recent first)

Megan Follows TVLine interview 10/16New Frary promoVarious interviews 10/2Jonathan Keltz on Greer & LeithMegan Follows HuffPost interviewToby on Mary/Francis and sexAccess Hollywood Laurie interview 9/30Laurie & Ade interview 9/29TVGuide Magazine Scan 9/22New Season 2 FootageNew Season 2 LooksLaurie McCarthy BuzzFeed InterviewEW Fall TV PreviewAdelaide Kane EW interviewKenna & Bash will struggle in Season 2TVLine Fall TV Spoilers (+ new Mary still)Eonline Fall TV Spoiler-ramaPrincess Claude castWhat's Next For ReignAdelaide Kane, Toby Regbo & EP Laurie McCarthy on Season 2Francis' GuiltLaurie McCarthy SDCC Interview 2 3Megan Follows & Laurie McCarthy at Comic-ConMary & Francis’ Marriage, Plague DeathsThe Plague, Bastard Children, Political Problems & MoreCraig Parker Cast As NarcisseCatherine’s Daughter Casting, Henry’s DeathReign Season 2: Exclusive Casting News

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 11-25-2014, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt!

Bringing this from the last thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
You and roxy. I don't want the child to die. I think the spec is based on the fact that Francis loses his mind and wants revenge and the fact that the child's life has already been threatened. I think it's a legit spec not based on shipper goggles because there doesn't seem to be much alternative other than Mary actually being raped.
As I've said it's normal to think that the child could be in danger considering the description. I was focused on the fact that Francis was going after that Narcisse that I didn't even think something coul happen to the child to be honest. I don't want it to happen, I find it ridiculous considering the amount of time they spent with the baby storyline...

What cost me the most I guess, is already seeing certain people saying that they'd rather see the child dying than Mary getting raped because the child isn't hers. WTH? That's the kind of reactions I was expecting to be honest and I find it so wrong.

Jessiegabriela, first of all I'm not "ACTING" like this never happened, second of all how can you even compare Mary having a miscarriage to losing a baby who actually lived, who Francis got to know and love? That's not the same. How can you ever get past the lost of your child?

I find it really ironic, people hated Lola for having the baby and now they're gonna sympatize with her for losing it? Ugh! This girl clearly can't be happy and I'd rather the baby lives.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 11-25-2014, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Tftnt!

As I've said it's normal to think that the child could be in danger considering the description. I was focused on the fact that Francis was going after that Narcisse that I didn't even think something coul happen to the child to be honest. I don't want it to happen, I find it ridiculous considering the amount of time they spent with the baby storyline...

What cost me the most I guess, is already seeing certain people saying that they'd rather see the child dying than Mary getting raped because the child isn't hers. WTH? That's the kind of reactions I was expecting to be honest and I find it so wrong.

Jessiegabriela, first of all I'm not "ACTING" like this never happened, second of all how can you even compare Mary having a miscarriage to losing a baby who actually lived, who Francis got to know and love? That's not the same. How can you ever get past the lost of your child?

I find it really ironic, people hated Lola for having the baby and now they're gonna sympatize with her for losing it? Ugh! This girl clearly can't be happy and I'd rather the baby lives.
Until you've experienced a pregnancy loss of a much wanted child, you won't understand how much it can hurt and it can compare to the loss of an infant especially to its mother, but it is more of a 2014 sensibility. Back in the 1500s, people didn't think a child was alive before it quickened. However the show was going for the 2014 reaction.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 11-25-2014, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Until you've experienced a pregnancy loss of a much wanted child, you won't understand how much it can hurt and it can compare to the loss of an infant especially to its mother, but it is more of a 2014 sensibility. Back in the 1500s, people didn't think a child was alive before it quickened. However the show was going for the 2014 reaction.
To be honest, I've seen my mother go through it, so while I was watching from afar, I think I have pretty good idea what he felt like for her. But again, losing a child you didn't have time to know, to touch, to create a bond with....that's not exactly the same as if you had time to do all of that. That's different.

Anyway, could it possible for Francis to still be out for blood without someone being murdered? Let's say they try to kill/hurt the child or Mary? He'd still go crazy right? still want revenge?

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 11-25-2014, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

dp. Sorry.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 11-25-2014, 06:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Anyway, could it possible for Francis to still be out for blood without someone being murdered? Let's say they try to kill/hurt the child or Mary? He'd still go crazy right? still want revenge?
I think so. I'm going to guess a tragedy does happen, but I think he'd still go crazy, yes.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think if it's a child you have tried for for months, you'll feel the pain just the same..
I don't want them to kill that child, really don't want them to do that, because I mean come on, it's a baby, and we had so much baby deaths on the show this season like SERIOUSLY.
But I don't think Francis will be out for blood if they tried and failed to hurt someone. I think they did it.. the only question is what did they do ?
Old 11-25-2014, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

Why did we rule out Mary's rape again?
Old 11-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Why did we rule out Mary's rape again?
Because in the spoiler stills from 2x10 she looked normal
Old 11-25-2014, 06:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Tftnt!

Mary had known for weeks she had time to start bonding with her child. Parents do bond with their babies throughout a pregnancy. She thought about the future with her, Francis and the baby. Hell, she was probably already thinking of names.
We got that whole scene with her telling Francis the news, you can tell that she had been thinking about everything. When the baby would take it's first steps, it's first words, what it would look like...

As someone who believes a baby is a baby. I don't care if you are 2 weeks pregnant or have a 1 year old child. Having a miscarriage can be just as hurtful as losing a living baby. There are mothers who have miscarriages before they even find out they're pregnant and it's still very painful for them. Because just the idea or plan of having one is more than enough to cause them so much pain.

Of course you will always remember that child you lost, I wasn't saying parent don't. What I was saying is that people do move on, life keeps going. Yes it takes time, but you can get to a stage where you are happy again. Of course it isn't going to hurt any less, but if people went through life dwelling on their loses then we'd all be miserable and we'd all go out of our minds.

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert

Last edited by Jessiegabriela; 11-25-2014 at 06:53 AM
Old 11-25-2014, 06:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegabriela (View Post)
What do you mean they're not comparable? [I have witnesses what miscarriage, or being told that you can never have your own child can do to a person/parents.]
Go to any mother who has had a miscarriage, at what ever stage in the pregnancy they are and say "Hey, at least you didn't lose a living child."
Francis has always wanted a family with Mary and vice versa, that baby was their chance. It hurt them both deeply to lose that baby, that opportunity. Francis held it together for Mary's sake.
Mary had known for weeks she had time to start bonding with her child. Parents do bond with their babies throughout a pregnancy. She thought about the future with her, Francis and the baby. Hell, she was probably already thinking of names.
We got that whole scene with her telling Francis the news, you can tell that she had been thinking about everything. When the baby would take it's first steps, it's first words, what it would look like...

Of course you will always remember that child you lost, I wasn't saying parent don't. What I was saying is that people do move on, life keeps going. Yes it takes time, but you can get to a stage where you are happy again. Of course it isn't going to hurt any less, but if people went through life dwelling on their loses then we'd all be miserable and we'd all go out of our minds.
Agree with all this
I don't even like Mary and I felt sooo bad when she lost her child, it must've been horrible.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Tftnt!

I don't want to see the child dying or mary being raped. The latter is too much of a trigger for me. It's like sophie's choice. On one end, I'm a mother and I don't want to see any child dying on the other Rape is a horrible thing that has happened to a lot of women and its personal trigger for me that I don't know if I could handle watching this show if they went there. Losing a child whether its during pregnancy or when they are born is a tragedy that I wouldn't wish upon my biggest enemy.

The writers have really boxed themselves in. Whether its John Phillip or Mary being raped, fans will be very angry. I don't see why they had to go so damn dark.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
Because in the spoiler stills from 2x10 she looked normal
But does she? I looked up on ffa site and I can't rule out the possibility that she was raped based on the pics I saw. Did I miss something?
Old 11-25-2014, 07:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know, but I guess when you're raped you don't go seeking retribution for your hubby. I really don't know though, maybe she was, but I don't think the writers want to anger their fandom more especially right now
Old 11-25-2014, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

If we are basing ourselves on the stills for 2X10, I think it was exaggerated to say that Mary looks happy. XD She doesn't smile, she has her face completely closed...we can't possibly say based on this that nothing happened to her.

The descritpion doesn't speak about retribution and I went to see the site that makeitreign found the all "Adelaide is gonna get great material", how reliable is it?

Jessiegabriela, I would appreciate for you to not make me look like a cold hearted bitch. There was no need for that. Thank you. Miscarriage is a very hard thing (especially when you can't talk about it), I wouldn't wish that on my enemy but I'm also very realistic and I've seen people lost their children whether they were 6 years old, 24 years old or 30 years old...and trust me, it hurts like a bitch! And you want to know why? Memories! Now I'd rather change the subject if it's cool with you.

itmemandy, but it's not a crazy idea. Francis is already on the verge of completely losing it. We've seen some of it in the promo for next week episode. So I wouldn't find it unbelievable for him to lose his **** and go mad after Narcisse if they tried to kill or hurt his child.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread