Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's so exciting!

BTW I love your icon
Old 09-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

The most exciting part of the synopsis is the Castleroy blaming Leith bit. Poor Yvette, we hardly knew ye.

I also like that Bash is going to be Francis' deputy. That's so cute!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Jade.

2x02 stills Reign Spoilers: "Drawn and Quartered" Images | KSiteTV

and a bit of new footage in the CW 2014 sizzle reel

Old 09-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

what about Narcisse? In her lastest interview, Laurie made it seems like Narcisse would be involved somehow in Leith-Greer storyline. Like he could very well be involved with Greer.

And who the hell Lola is having fun with? LOOL I'm very intrigued by that since Adelaide made it sounds like Lola was the one with the most "sexy scรจnes" at the beginning of the season.

Can the show just come back already XD

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 09-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

TV Guide Magazine (September 22nd, 2014) | Adelaide Kane Fans

She was the last one I expected it to be, but it seems like Greer is the LIW who Narcisse gets involved with.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, it sure looks like it. Unless the wording is wrong but I don't think so.

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 09-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Extreme Fan

three men for greer? not looking forward to what will be the destruction of her character.

and all this talk about the men taking over is kind of meh to me. Part of the reason I liked this show was because it was so female dominated. Season 2 sounds like the men will be doing all the political stuff and the women (greer, lola, kenna, claude) will just be screwing around (minus cat and mary) If I wanted to watch a male dominated show where the women merely serve as love interests and baby makers I would turn it to one of the other 5,000 of those on tv. I feel like these showrunners don't actually get what people like about the show.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
three men for greer? not looking forward to what will be the destruction of her character.
Why will being associated with three men destroy Greer's character? Nobody would think it was strange if three men were hanging around Mary--two men pursuing Mary was a huge part of her arc in the first half of S1 (while she negotiated with a third, Henry) and nobody questioned that for a second. Being associated with three women (Mary, Catherine, Lola) is not expected to destroy Francis's character.

I like that the show is doing this unexpected thing with Greer. It's pretty characteristic of Reign IMO that it would throw the audience a curveball like this by assigning Narcisse to the Lady who was probably the most politically unsuccessful in S1. I like the upending of expectations.

Quote:
Season 2 sounds like the men will be doing all the political stuff and the women (greer, lola, kenna, claude) will just be screwing around (minus cat and mary)
1) For one thing all spoilers point to Kenna being the one pushing Bash to get an official promotion from Francis, while Lola will be given opportunities to increase her status/power because of being the mother of Francis's child.

2) "screwing around" was a big part of politics for women back then. I'm looking forward to see what kind of social climbing the ladies get up to.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Why will being associated with three men destroy Greer's character? Nobody would think it was strange if three men were hanging around Mary--two men pursuing Mary was a huge part of her arc in the first half of S1 (while she negotiated with a third, Henry) and nobody questioned that for a second. Being associated with three women (Mary, Catherine, Lola) is not expected to destroy Francis's character.
I questioned it. Did not like Mary stripping francis of everything or leading Bash on and then dumping him on their wedding day. My like of Mary significantly decreased after the triangle. Triangles always ruin the person in the middle, male or female. So a foursome for greer will undoubtedly do damage. And there has been no spoiler of francis and lola being romantically involved, in fact Laurie has stated their bond won't be romantic. Plus Lola will have many suitors. And Catherine is his mother. I'm not talking about associations but romantic entanglements.

All of the spoilers about the ladies including claude has something to do with men. They could've atleast left claude out of it but everyone apparently has to be screwing around. Even if it's true for the period. I'm not interested in watching the ladies spread their legs to get what they want. it's just not my cup of tea.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I questioned it. Did not like Mary stripping francis of everything or leading Bash on and then dumping him on their wedding day.
LOL well I thought it was freakin' brilliant and the way the triangle was handled in S1 was one of the biggest things that made me fall in love with the show, so I guess mileage varies.

Quote:
I'm not talking about associations but romantic entanglements.
Oh well in that case I'd hardly call Castleroy a romantic entanglement for Greer, and we don't know that Leith will be, either. Lola's not in love with anyone and we don't know that she will be, Kenna's only linked to Bash in that sense, Mary's only linked to Francis, etc.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rout345 (View Post)
LOL well I thought it was freakin' brilliant and the way the triangle was handled in S1 was one of the biggest things that made me fall in love with the show, so I guess mileage varies.

Oh well in that case I'd hardly call Castleroy a romantic entanglement for Greer, and we don't know that Leith will be, either. Lola's not in love with anyone and we don't know that she will be, Kenna's only linked to Bash in that sense, Mary's only linked to Francis, etc.
You really don't consider Castleroy and Leith romantic entanglements? They were her two love interests in season one. And I'm pretty sure Greer and Castleroy marry because Adelaide said Greer and Lola will also be naked alot in the beginning of season one. Greer won''t have sex until marriage. And Lola may not be in love but she'll be screwing around. Maybe that interview wasn't posted in here?

And either Kenna/Bash or Frary could be the open marriage, so we can't say Kenna or Mary will only be linked to one man. We know Conde will try to seduce Mary.

Greer was my fave lady on the show so that's probably why all of this bothers me. I watch GOT so I see enough of women having to use sex for power. I just didnt Reign would turn into that.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
You really don't consider Castleroy and Leith romantic entanglements?
Oops, that was a typo. I meant to say that I, personally, didn't consider Castleroy a romantic entanglement and that we don't know that Narcisse will be one either. Especially if I'm considering it from the perspective of Greer's characterization, because she's clearly not in love with Castleroy or even attracted to him TBH. But even if you were to see all 3 men as romantic prospects, I don't have a problem with romantic entanglements to begin with.

Quote:
I watch GOT so I see enough of women having to use sex for power. I just didnt Reign would turn into that.
I guess I don't have a problem with this, either. It's been present on the show since S1.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:58 PM
New Fan

Quote:

and all this talk about the men taking over is kind of meh to me. Part of the reason I liked this show was because it was so female dominated. Season 2 sounds like the men will be doing all the political stuff and the women (greer, lola, kenna, claude) will just be screwing around (minus cat and mary) If I wanted to watch a male dominated show where the women merely serve as love interests and baby makers I would turn it to one of the other 5,000 of those on tv. I feel like these showrunners don't actually get what people like about the show.
but mate. why 'the destruction of her character' though?

the number of love interests a female character has no correlation between how well developed she is as a character, how well-constructed she is, or whether or not she is written 'for herself'. scarlett o'hara draws men like moths to a flame and there's no suggestion she doesn't get to be her own person, or that her p.o.v isn't explored, and she certainly isn't written as a love interest. same goes for catherine sloper, who can't really get a man with the best will in the world.

to my mind there is no indication that all the menz will be Doing Politics whilst the women are soley confined to relationships. lola's storyline, even if it did come from 'screwing around, is inherently political given that mary won't produce an heir, and this was touched upon last season with kenna outlining the political opportunities of lola being de facto the king's mistress. we also know that kenna is set to demonstrate her political/socioeconomic ambition to the extent that it's gonna cause a rift in her marriage. that's also inherently political, lbr.

who knows what's coming up for greer? if anything the attention of a sufficiently powerful man is more likely to thrust her in the political, which no doubt will be interesting as greer didn't get taste the art of politicking in s1 nearly as much as the other girls.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
the number of love interests a female character has no correlation between how well developed she is as a character, how well-constructed she is, or whether or not she is written 'for herself'. scarlett o'hara draws men like moths to a flame and there's no suggestion she doesn't get to be her own person, or that her p.o.v isn't explored, and she certainly isn't written as a love interest. same goes for catherine sloper, who can't really get a man with the best will in the world.
Mary's pov was nonexistent during the triangle (eps 6, 10-12). Don't see why lola or greer will get one.

we've received no spoilers about lola, greer or claude outside of men and romance and this is the CW that's concerning to me.

plus AK said this is the season of men and ghosts. not comforting

Last edited by makeitreign; 09-22-2014 at 05:30 PM
Old 09-22-2014, 05:54 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Mary's pov was non existed during the triangle (eps 6, 10-12). Don't see why lola or greer will get one.
okay well first off i reject the argument that mary's p.o.v was non-existent w/r/t the triangle. mary's p.o.v in eps 10-12 is heavily informed by the p.o.v we've been given beforehand, that is, that mary is marrying bash to save francis' life, and she wants to do it as quickly and expediently as possible so that she will be married to the next king of france, which is politically advantageous to her as queen of scotland. moreover we get mary clashing with bash over the best way to deal with charles and henry, in which the narrative not only sheds light on the reasons and motivations behind mary and bash's differing approaches to the boys, but what that says about the nature of their relationship. the following episode we're given p.o.v from mary that puts her actions in the previous two episodes into context: 'i love them both'... 'i love francis more'... 'it's always been you'

re: lola -- we get her voice on the events in her life, both social and political, from the pilot. colin's death isn't just the fridging of a love interest, it's an event that elucidates her situation to the audience and we get to understand how she relates to her surroundings and how she relates to other characters, particularly mary: 'kenna is my friend. greer and aylee are my friends. you are my queen and we are your subjects.' she is consistently given such p.o.v, even w/r/t her romantic storylines. for example, when she is fretful over her marriage to remy and afraid that he will run off with her dowry, she frankly ironises the banker who tells her that the payment of her dowry is all but a fait accompli: 'heaven knows what foolish thing women might do with their own money. gamble... buy prostitutes...' i've already talked about how the pregnancy storyline is inherently political, given that she is carrying the king of france's only potential heir, and this is something that kenna urges lola to leverage to her political advantage, something that lola does not want to do as it makes her 'essentially [francis'] property', a.k.a, she's frightened of the political ramifications if she fails in leveraging her hand to her own advantage. all those stories could appear, superficially, as if they were about purely sex or romance, but they're patently not. lola's relationship with colin has very real repercussions in the political sphere, and contributes to her understanding of it. the same goes for her marriage to julian/remy, which has severe economic consequences and highlights the balance of power between men and women. the baby storyline is probs the most political of them all, tbqh.

re: greer, i think she's had consistent p.o.v. we know her feelings about castleroy and about why she feels obliged to marry him. equally, we know her feelings about leith and why she feels she can't marry him, and we know about her relationship with her family and with mary and with the other ladies. greer's story hasn't been ostensibly political yet, except in the instance in which tomas used her to get to mary. however, throwing her into the path of a powerful man in the political arena is very likely, imo, to expose her to politics in a way she didn't get to see in s1. if you look at the political repercussions of mary's relationship with public men, of kenna's, even of lola's, all of which have been dealt with wonderfully and afforded maximum p.o.v to the women involved, then it's basically a done deal for greer, imo.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread