Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Reign S&S #1: It's time for a new show to rule the CW

REIGN SPOILERS & SPECULATION THREAD

Airing Thursdays at 8 PM EST on the CW

Trailer:

Hidden between the lines of the history books is the story of Mary Stuart, the young woman the world would come to know as Mary, Queen of Scots. Queen of Scotland since she was six days old, the teenage Mary is already a headstrong monarch – beautiful, passionate, and poised at the very beginning of her tumultuous rise to power. Arriving in France with four close friends as her ladies-in-waiting, Mary has been sent to secure Scotland’s strategic alliance by formalizing her arranged engagement to the French king’s dashing son, Prince Francis. But the match isn’t signed and sealed, it depends more on politics, religion and secret agendas than affairs of the heart. Prince Francis is intrigued by the fiery Scot, but like most young men, he resists the idea of settling down into marriage, especially when he has a history with a lady of the court and his own point of view on the wisdom of an alliance with Scotland. Still, an attraction between Mary and Francis is ignited. Further complicating things is Bash, Francis’ roguish half-brother, who has a history of his own – despite his illegitimate birth, Bash is his father’s favorite. And now that Bash has caught Mary’s eye, a royal triangle may be forming.

While at French Court, fierce foes and dark forces conspire to sabotage Mary’s marriage to Francis and even threaten her life, until a mysterious shrouded guide becomes her ally. With danger and sexual intrigue around every dark castle corner, Mary rallies her ladies-in-waiting and steels herself, ready to rule the new land and balance the demands of her country and her heart. The series stars Adelaide Kane (“Teen Wolf”) as Mary, Toby Regbo (“One Day”) as Prince Francis, Torrance Coombs (“The Tudors”) as Bash, Megan Follows (“Anne of Green Gables”) as Queen Catherine, Alan Van Sprang (“The Tudors”) as King Henry, Celina Sinden (newcomer) as Greer, Caitlin Stasey (newcomer) as Kenna, Anna Popplewell (“The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”) as Lola, and Jenessa Grant (“Cyberbully”) as Aylee. REIGN is from CBS Television Studios and Warner Bros. Television with executive producers Stephanie SenGupta (“Hawaii Five-0″), Laurie McCarthy (“The Ghost Whisperer”), Frank Siracusa (“Beauty And The Beast”) and Brad Silberling (“Moonlight Mile”). The pilot was directed by Brad Silberling.
CAST:
Adelaide Kane as Mary
Toby Regbo as Prince Francis
Torrance Coombs as Sebastian aka "Bash"
Caitlin Stasey as Kenna
Anna Popplewell as Lola
Celina Sinden as Greer
Jenessa Grant as Aylee
Megan Follows as Catherine de' Medici
Alan van Sprang as King Henry II
Rossif Sutherland as Nostradamus

CREW:
Brad Silberling - Exec Producer/Writer/Director

Pilot preview clip

Last edited by chasealight; 05-19-2013 at 07:10 AM
Old 05-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread for this show.
Degrassi OTP: Sean Emma KC Clare Zig Maya Duncan Veronica Dawson Joey Pacey Andie Lucas Brooke Jake Peyton Jake Jenna Dan Blair OTP: True love stories never have endings. http://duncanxveronica.tumblr.com/
Old 05-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the thread. I'm also interested in this show... I hope it does well in the ratings department though.

Leticia||icon by me||Tumblr
Old 05-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Me too. I like that the CW is attempting to branch out a bit, a historical drama is definitely new for them. Hopefully the lead in from TVD will help this show. I'd love to see it succeed.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Absolute Fan

I like that their branching out too. Yeah a historical drama is new it may catch the eye of people since it's a teen show with historical elements to it. I'm gonna watch it and hope for the best.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Some photos from the pilot:

Last edited by chasealight; 05-17-2013 at 04:45 PM
Old 05-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Chicago PD

Thanks for the starting the thread for this show here at Spoilers!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 05-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the pilot pics

Old 05-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

god helped me i liked that promo
Old 05-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can already see myself loving Bash. I think it's the blue eyes. I'm a sucker for 'em.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasealight (View Post)
I can already see myself loving Bash. I think it's the blue eyes. I'm a sucker for 'em.
I'm loving francis.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I'm loving francis.
I like Francis too. I'm sensing some good chemistry between Toby and Adelaide, which is good. Don't want leads without any chemistry. I would just like to know how her chemistry is with Torrance too...
Old 05-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I like Francis too. I'm sensing some good chemistry between Toby and Adelaide, which is good. Don't want leads without any chemistry. I would just like to know how her chemistry is with Torrance too...
Is there a five minute trailer yet? They seem to have great chem and this show has megan follows
Old 05-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Is there a five minute trailer yet? They seem to have great chem and this show has megan follows
not yet. I'm sure the CW will release it soon. They usually do pretty soon after the upfronts.

And I know! Megan Follows! I LOVED Anne of Green Gables when I was little. So excited to see her in this. She's fabulous.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
not yet. I'm sure the CW will release it soon. They usually do pretty soon after the upfronts.

And I know! Megan Follows! I LOVED Anne of Green Gables when I was little. So excited to see her in this. She's fabulous.
I saw her at the startfard festival in the late 90s. She was amazing. Such an amazing actress.