Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mona did seem really close to her mom. They almost had that Laureli and Rory Gilmore vibe except rich. lol I did like how her mom seemed guilty when talking to Hanna and was happy that Mona actually had visitors. So as of right now I don't get creepy mom vibes from her like I do with Mama D nor do I get shady vibes from her like I get from Veronica and Ashley. lol

I'm not sure Spencer could ever work with her or Emily for that matter. We all know what Hanna would do to her. lol
Old 09-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Their bond just makes her death all the more painful for the audience, which was the point, tbh. I wish they had introduced her sooner, though. Less shock value and more developed character.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Loyal Fan

She suppose to make appearances throughout 5B so I look forward to the flashbacks- especially those in the aftermath of Mona going to Radley.

If anything, 5B will give us a reverse thing compared to Alison: Alison was first seen as a victim and loving friend until the flashbacks where as Mona was seen as a villain until we get more flashbacks. Think I said this wrong so I hope everyone understands what I was trying to say.

While I don't see Leona working with the Liars directly, I do see her going after Alison with maybe a wrongful death suit or going thru the school board to drive Alison out of Rosewood. I just don't see her as an grieving mother just sitting back as her daughter's tormentor walks freely.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would like the liars to reach out to her, especially Hanna. Hanna made a point of telling her that Mona was scared of Alison, so that needs to come up again. I'd kind of also like them to tell her that what Mona did to them was Alison's fault. It wasn't who she was. Leona knows that, but it would probably help her to hear it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe we'll get that with Mona's funeral in 5x14; I would like to see Hanna giving Mona's eulogy as well as the other Liars. 5x16 is supposed to feature more of Mona's room so with the various clues left behind by Mona, maybe we'll see more Hanna/Leona interaction because of it.

I would also like to see some Ashley/Leona interaction; maybe thru Leona, the Liar's parents will learn how bad Alison really is.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure we can blame Ali for Mona trying to hit and run Hanna. Mona wasn't even crazy. She was pretending to be so that's all on Mona if you ask me. All Mona can do is blame Allison for how she made her feel. She actually blamed the Liars for losing Hanna and yet punished Hanna by running her over. Allison is the devil but your actions are your own.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
I'm not sure we can blame Ali for Mona trying to hit and run Hanna. Mona wasn't even crazy. She was pretending to be so that's all on Mona if you ask me. All Mona can do is blame Allison for how she made her feel. She actually blamed the Liars for losing Hanna and yet punished Hanna by running her over. Allison is the devil but your actions are your own.
It was thru Alison's bullying that Mona became the person she was. If Alison hadn't bulled Mona all thru early high school by making her "Loser Mona" , then Mona would not have turned out the way she did. Mona would not have become "A" and hit Hanna with the car. You are right that everyone's actions are their own- but some actions are caused by others and in Mona's case- Alison created Mona as "A"
Old 09-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope it doesn't take too long. I hate the idea of Leona being alone in this. I hope they make some reference to her not being alone over the holidays in the Christmas episode, too. I think it's important, especially for Hanna - I find it hard to believe that she/Ashley wouldn't check in.

Leona telling Ashley what Hanna told her, and then saying the same to Ashley would be ideal, tbh, because the liars are scared of Alison, and their parents should know that.

I saw it suggested somewhere that the show should end with Hanna going to Mona's grave and telling her she won, and although I wouldn't want that to be the end (the end should be core 4), I would like a scene like that.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope it doesn't take too long. I hate the idea of Leona being alone in this. I hope they make some reference to her not being alone over the holidays in the Christmas episode, too. I think it's important, especially for Hanna - I find it hard to believe that she/Ashley wouldn't check in.

Leona telling Ashley what Hanna told her, and then saying the same to Ashley would be ideal, tbh, because the liars are scared of Alison, and their parents should know that.

I saw it suggested somewhere that the show should end with Hanna going to Mona's grave and telling her she won, and although I wouldn't want that to be the end (the end should be core 4), I would like a scene like that.

Quote:
It was thru Alison's bullying that Mona became the person she was. If Alison hadn't bulled Mona all thru early high school by making her "Loser Mona" , then Mona would not have turned out the way she did. Mona would not have become "A" and hit Hanna with the car. You are right that everyone's actions are their own- but some actions are caused by others and in Mona's case- Alison created Mona as "A"
This. Alison may not have forced Mona to do anything, but had it not been for Alison's consistently torturing Mona for no reason, Mona wouldn't have been in the mental state she was, and if it wasn't for that, she most likely wouldn't have done it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh No They Didn't! - 'New Girl': Jess to woo 'Once Upon a Time' hunk

Would not mind this keeping him away from this show because ick even if he's ridic pretty.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Leona was on her way to a Family Dinner when she left Mona by herself in 5x12 so she does have support nearby. I also agree with the Ashley/Hanna checking in and hope we see it.

Maybe Leona will be the catalyst for the other parents finding out what has been going on behind the scenes. I can definitely see her warning the other parents that their daughters are in trouble.

I would like to see all the Core Four at Mona's Grave telling her she won; or a years later epilogue where Hanna brings her 5 year old daughter Mona to her former friend's grave.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They didn't really specify how close the family were, though. They could be hours away

Someone needs to warn them before the liars end up the same way as Mona. It makes sense for it to be Leona. She knows Mona was scared of Alison, she went to the school about it (which I really hope comes up during the investigation). Common sense says that if Hanna wasn't scared of Alison/didn't think Mona had a reason to be scared of her, she wouldn't have said anything, I'm sure Leona knows that.

I kind of wouldn't want them to wait, but it would be beautiful if, after Alison eventually dies, the liars go to Mona's grave and say something like "It's over, Mona. You won."

Quote:

Would not mind this keeping him away from this show because ick even if he's ridic pretty.
Anything that keeps him away from PLL is good news for us

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

REJOICEEEEE. Hopefully this will keep him away from PLL and OUAT.

I really hope Ashley and Hanna checked in on Mrs. V during the one month break. Like you said, it doesn't seem likely and in character of Ash to not do that. AND YES, Leona so needs to tell Ashley what is going on.

The Hastings definitely know about the fact that Ali framed their daughter. I'm sure even if the girls didn't tell them, Toby definitely would have. So we can see more fierce parents against Alison now.

And Jason is coming back in 516/517. Please please please let him be hanging aroung SPENCER, and not Ali.

icon

Nidz. Spencer/Toby | Bellamy/Clarke | Sara/Snart | Magnus/Alec
Old 09-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Thanks for posting.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 09-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Veronica once threatened to have Mona locked in a cell for life if she continued to mess with Spencer. Can you imagine what she'd do to Alison given the chance?

I would love it if Jason comes back to help Spencer because he's realised that Alison is evil and the biggest threat to his sisters right now is one of his sisters.

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread