Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Isn't that what happened in the books? That their secrets were eventually revealed and by Book 15? The Liars had pretty much lost everything because Alison was revealed to be "A" and went nuclear.
Well, technically it was in book 8 that everything was revealed. Because, you know, original ending and all. But yes, when Alison came back as A in books 9-16 she revealed all of the secrets for stuff that happened after book 8. She also framed them for her murder ... which is just ... I don't even ... genius but also all kinds of tragic.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-27-2014, 02:38 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't get why everyone thinks that whoever is attending the funeral must know the dead person very well. That's not actually how it works. Any of them could just be there for moral support for someone else, especially people like Toby or Ezra who have nothing outside of the girls.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
She also framed them for her murder ... which is just ... I don't even ... genius but also all kinds of tragic.
Good lord she must've lobster hated Them times infinity... Or bored.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
Good lord she must've lobster hated Them times infinity... Or bored.
Well, the hilarious thing was that no one believed the Liars when they said that Alison was still alive after book 8. Like even the FBI was all, "NO YOU ARE WRONG IT IS CLEARLY ALL IN YOUR HEADS." And then in book 15 Alison orchestrates this awesome plan and even pulls out one of her teeth and spills blood everywhere in order to make it look like the Liars hunted her down and killed her. And then the FBI is all, "Okay you were right, Alison was still alive, but you didn't have to kill her, you're under arrest."

And the Liars facepalm into infinity.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well they'll get cleared in book 16. I haven't read the last two books but I know there is a new one coming in December
Old 07-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Well, yes, book 16 is the last one and we all know the Liars are gonna find a way out in the end, because they always do. But it's still hilarious.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

See, this is why the TV series has to make Ali bad in some way. How can they not? She is sociopathic in the books. You cannot alter her character that much in the TV series. You just can't. MK is using the saying "based on the book series" very, very loosely (even fake) if she ends up totally innocent in the TV series.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
See, this is why the TV series has to make Ali bad in some way. How can they not? She is sociopathic in the books. You cannot alter her character that much in the TV series. You just can't. MK is using the saying "based on the book series" very, very loosely (even fake) if she ends up totally innocent in the TV series.
That's what I've been saying all along.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullers (View Post)
That's what I've been saying all along.
It's why I'm shocked that some people are mad that she's being seen in a negative light or get mad that we are "anti-Alison." We are not anti-Alison, we support a real version of the character being displayed on the screen. Otherwise, what's the point?
Old 07-27-2014, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyone Other than Ali being A would be anticlimactic.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I don't get why people think this. I am not saying that I want alison to be completely good but I want her to be gray. And I still say that A in the show does not have to be A in the books.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Basically this

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mk is following SS formula in the mystery on PLL exhausting all Red herrings until the audience has a visible suspect which was Mona and Ali. It was the same thing in her other book series Lying game where the murderer was obviously the characters boyfriend. the series was different than the tv show
Old 07-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah also Sutton is dead in the books and only communicates with Emma through Facebook. But on the show both twins are alive and other changes as well.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Agreed. I also think MK has done a nice job in every episode this season showing as much. Seriously, it's sometimes subtle but so profound. You can tell she's determined to follow the books fairly closely. I am glad. I am just starting to read the books. No way I want to watch angel Ali on the TV screen and sociopath Ali in the books. I want the characters to be close. The reason I like shows or movies based on novels is because the small or large screen will take the novel and bring it visually to life some. I like this. I am not saying Ali has to be exact but what a waste if she's even remotely wearing a halo on the small screen. That wouldn't be accurately coming to life at all.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread