Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Pretty Little Liars S&S Thread #88: "Even if you could run, where would you hide?"

Never trust a pretty girl with an ugly secret.
Pretty Little Liars Spoiler Thread #88

BANNER BY SKTWEETY20 (SAM)

Next on Pretty Little Liars ...

5.08 - "Scream For Me" - 07/29/2014

Hanna’s insecurities and current situation continue to plague her when Alison moves into the Marin house while her Dad is out of town. Now forced to live with the one person she is trying to avoid, Hanna retreats further into abusing alcohol and ends up in a sticky situation.

Meanwhile, Aria drops the ball on her maid of honor duties when Ella returns to town to plan her wedding and Spencer and Emily pursue a dangerous lead, trying to solve the mystery of the dead girl in Alison’s grave.

Episode Stills | Sneak Peek #1 | Sneak Peek #2 | Sneak Peek #3 | Sneak Peek #4

episodes

5.09 - "March of Crimes" - 08/05/2014

Hanna continues down her boozy path, with the help of Caleb, and her friends can no longer stand by and watch Hanna self-destruct. After her last encounter with Hanna, Aria starts to take note of Zach and wonders if Hanna – while drunk – was telling her the truth.

Meanwhile, Emily tries to find information linking Alison to Noel and Spencer makes a surprising discovery at the eye doctor.

5.10 - "A Dark Ali" - 08/12/2014

The pressure is on for Alison to identify the man police have in custody for her kidnapping, but the Liars know if she does it would be sending an innocent man to prison and possibly walking right into an “A” trap. With Emily trying to convince Ali not to play into “A’s” hand, Spencer comes up with a plan B in case Ali decides to make the wrong decision.

Meanwhile, fed up with all of the Ali drama, Hanna tries to lead a “normal” teenage life.

5.11 - "No One Here Can Love or Understand Me" - 08/19/2014

5.12 - Taking This One to the Grave - 08/26/2014 - Mid-Season Finale

5.13 - "How the A Stole Christmas" - TBA

characters

"A"/the mysteries "We have mysteries within the big mysteries. We give credible clues ... 'Who is A?' continues to be an overall mystery for us, but there are more mysteries, added mysteries within the show which will continue to be new and fresh and different." [source] | "In hind sight, you might say you should have known [who Ali's killer is]." [source] | "An army will be mobilized but A's not in it." [source] | "]In S5] characters on the show will learn A's identity and give a huge clue to the audience." [source] | A is a character we've already met "in theory and reality. I'm referring to a singular A ... Everyone is a possible A team member on this show."[source] | "My favorite character is A and you'll understand why when A is revealed, and A's motivation for being A is revealed." [source]

Hanna She will be going through an identity crisis [source] | "Hanna in season 5 deals with her old identities when Ali was alive, and her new identities now that Ali is alive again." [source]

Spencer "Right now, Spencer's very balanced." [source]

Alison "The relationship to Ali has been changing ever since her disappearance, but now it's changing even more." [source] | The girls realise that when Alison was gone it was easier, and although they're grateful she's okay, she is Alison and she's a hurricane. [source]

Mona "I've always said, Mona is a viscous little dumpling and no one should forget who she was in S1 and 2 -- even if she has redeemed herself or absolved herself of some of those horrible deeds. She was still capable of them, and that's important to remember." [source] | "Mona always has tricks up her sleeve. I'm never worried about that girl. She always lands on her feet, somehow and it's so much fun," [source] | "We’re going to find out something about Mona in the summer finale that is really fun and has to do with college, and it shows you that in the midst of all her A-ness and shenanigans, as we like to say, she’s really on the ball. This girl is going to college." [source]

CeCe "I think CeCe's good! I just think she's really messed up, like, really weird. She hangs out with high schoolers and she's obsessed with them, which is weird. But I still think she's good. I think she's going to be a buddy to them." [source]

Paige Her reasons for writing the tip letter to the police will be explored in S5. [source]

Noel "Noel's secrets will play out in Season 5." [source]

Toby "We'll find out this summer what that trip [to London] was about and the truth to all those stories." [source]

Melissa "She definitely knows a very big secret, and that plays a huge factor in the next 12 episodes [5A]." [source] | "Right now she’s available to us, so yes [she will be sticking around]. We love her, too! Everybody loves to see Melissa." [source] | Her secret will be revealed in 5.11 [source]

Jenna "She was Ali’s first nemesis, so now that Ali’s back, you have to see a little Jenna." [source]

Lucas "He has a pivotal role in our premiere. He plays a very important part of the story." [source]

Sydney "The character of Sydney, played by Chloe Bridges, who is also on the swim team. She’s not gay but becomes friends with them, and oddly becomes a bridge for these two [Emily & Paige] to start to rebuild their relationship.” [source]

Caleb "In the midst of his downward spiral, Caleb turns to 'self destructive behavior and definitely self-medication,' but thankfully, he has friends there for him, whether or not he accepts it." [source]

relationships

Emily & Paige "Their relationship is as vulnerable as any other relationship on the show. That's what makes things interesting, is the conflicts, and whether they can overcome those conflicts." [source] | "For the Paige and Emily fans, I would say to hold tight. Nothing's ever said and done." [source] | "Emily is contemplating if she’s going to be with [Paige] not, and if not, if she made a mistake—and I think the writers want to see like hey maybe Emily screwed up and has to deal with her choices and Paige has gone really really hot and I think they definitely want to make a point with that." [source] | "Is there hope that Paily might reconcile in time for the Christmas episode?" "Yes, there is!" [source]

Hanna & Caleb "...He’s been living this sort of life and death, these extremes in Ravenswood, having these encounters with Miranda who he thought he could save. Caleb’s a fixer; he’s a saver, and he couldn’t save the person he promised Hanna he would save, so he comes back a little damaged. And we might find out that Hanna’s a little damaged when Ali returns, so they’re both in a very vulnerable position together." [source] | "Things start off in a bit of a rocky place because he’s basically abandoned her, and when he comes back, it’s a surprise for her. I think he expects things to go back to the way they were, but she’s not having it. He’s also in a pretty dark place. They definitely do come together in some capacity, but I think there is hope as well to rekindle the romance. I think they’re are soul mates." [source]

Spencer & Toby "We'll find out in season five how strong the Spencer and Toby bond is." [source] | "He comes back from London, and he’s just been connecting more with Spencer now that she’s let him in a little bit more. I can promise fans they’ll get exactly what they want and more and maybe they’ll be intrigued by what happens." [source] | "It’s going to take a lot for them to get back on good terms with each other. They still have a lot of problems." [source] | “They [Toby and Spencer] are on shaky grounds, but I think eventually the Spoby fans are going to be a little bit better.” [source] | “Secrets have been revealed to Toby, from Spencer, and she’s letting him in a little bit more - into her world, so. [The Spoby fans] are going to be really intrigued and really excited.” [source]

Aria & Ezra "Those last moments of the finale we really saw that raw emotion of Aria and Ezra and she will remember these feelings: how she almost lost him and how bad they felt. And I think that that will help her soften a little bit toward him." [source] | "These guys are soul mates, and that’s not going to change. Even when they’re not together, they somehow find their way together, and I think the Ezria fans are going to be very happy in this summer season. They always want more, but I think they’re getting a lot!" [source]

Emily & Alison "I just want Emily to be happy, and I wish that for all the girls. It’s going to be interesting having that love triangle coming because Paige and Alison don’t get along that well, so having Alison back and that being Emily’s first love is going to be very interesting to see if anything can develop from that again or if it was anything ever. It will be one to look out for." [source]

friendships

Spencer & Melissa "You're definitely gonna see more with their relationship, which direction it goes I'm not quite sure." [source]

Alison & Caleb "He comes in knowing about this persona, this mythical figure Alison, and now he gets to meet her for real," King said. "That's going to be chemistry we get to see." [source] | "I think it’s interesting because Caleb really doesn’t put up with too much, so he doesn’t believe her, believe her story. So he kind of corners her but she’s pretty fierce too and combats right back." [source]

Melissa & Toby "That’s definitely going to come out – where Toby went and what he did and what his involvement with her and possibly somebody else in London will come out in season 5A. That’s a little bit of a mystery that we’re going to have some fun with." [source]

Caleb & Lucas "I definitely see them continuing that friendship." [source]

Paige & Alison "The Paige/Alison storyline this summer is one of my favorites, and I can't wait for fans to watch it play out. It's very emotional, and I think it's very real to what teens go through when they are bullied." [source]

Spencer & Caleb "Spencer dealt with her own problems, turning to drugs in Season 4, so she’s the perfect cushion for Caleb." [source]

Toby & Caleb "Caleb turns to “self destructive behavior and definitely self-medication..... Toby kinda steps in" [source] | "Caleb and Toby have a little bit of a bromance." [source]

general

The common thread for season 5 is "emotion and intrigue". [source]

It's the season of reunions and homecomings. [source]

There will be 25 episodes "including the holiday episode" in S5. The holiday episode will be a Christmas episode. [source]

"One of our mysteries that we've had for a long time on the show will be revealed in the 100th." [source]

"Yes, you will find out this summer who is in the box." [source]

"A very big clue will be revealed. At the end of season five, there will be a really big nugget that will get fans very excited." [source]

"We are already breaking the stories for season 5B, and there is a gay male character we think who will be joining the show!" [source]

"We don't have many flashbacks from Alison's point of view in the summer season, and we don't touch on the past as much in the summer season. Because she's back, it's so interesting to see the girls in the present and moving forward, we're trying to spend more time in the present." [source]

"There's one significant biting of the dust this season." [source]

"I think all the [Liars] have secrets that we may not have found out yet." [source]

"There is DEFINITELY a plan. I think it might contradict for a little while, but usually we explain in a way. We try very hard to keep things non-contradictory in the long term. We include a lot of red herrings deliberately, but we try to tie up all the loose ends before we move on to another subplot. I did not plan on dragging it out as long as possible. There is an end in sight. And we will hopefully announce what season that will be soon." [source]

"In season 5 we have a lot of fun scenes with characters we haven't seen together for a while. We are pairing up new people for fun friendship scenes." [source]

Leigh Tumblr

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 07-24-2014 at 09:53 AM
Old 07-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

tftnt

Quote:
I think that scene would have worked better if Paige was a calm scared. She had to go home from feeling sick over seeing Alison. It would have worked better if we saw like a silent jump away from the rat, and then her putting her hands over his face, grabbing her stuff and getting out of there. It would have been way more in character.
Agreed. Watching that scene with the rat, I don't feel afraid for Paige or sick at the notion of the rat it's more like and. It just didn't convince me at all, since Paige as we know is quite a tough girl. I doubt she's scream specially the way she did at a rat being in her locker, as she would've known there'd be consequences to telling on Mona. Whenever I've seen rats be dead or alive, I've never screamed. I might've shrieked or felt bad for them but never that
Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

TFTNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
tftnt

Agreed. Watching that scene with the rat, I don't feel afraid for Paige or sick at the notion of the rat it's more like and. It just didn't convince me at all, since Paige as we know is quite a tough girl. I doubt she's scream specially the way she did at a rat being in her locker, as she would've known there'd be consequences to telling on Mona. Whenever I've seen rats be dead or alive, I've never screamed. I might've shrieked or felt bad for them but never that
Exactly.

Yes, it was way out of character for Paige to respond like that. It looked so ridiculous. She is tough and when she personally gets upset concerning Ali, it's way more internalized in a calmer way. What we saw last night was off the mark.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-16-2014 at 03:46 PM
Old 07-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tftnt
Old 07-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Rats!

TFTNT.

icon
Old 07-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT

what other childish antics will Mona pull?
Old 07-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Watching the show last night with my sister and some friends and everyone burst out laughing when the Paige/dead rat scene happened because it was just so stupid. Everything about that scene was dumb.

TFNT
Old 07-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Who is that widdow and what does she has to do with it all ? the one trying t kill alli was a guy you could tell on the feet.
Does Alli's killer has something to with Bethany's family ?
Old 07-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
TFTNT

what other childish antics will Mona pull?
Not everything is Mona; Sydney or Lucas could have done it as well.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new one!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 07-17-2014, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!
Old 07-17-2014, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2951 (View Post)
Not everything is Mona; Sydney or Lucas could have done it as well.
could be anyone in Mona's army
Old 07-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just hope something is revealed soon, one part of the mystery. There's so many questions that are adding up. I want some stuff answered!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRITS83 (View Post)
Watching the show last night with my sister and some friends and everyone burst out laughing when the Paige/dead rat scene happened because it was just so stupid. Everything about that scene was dumb.

TFNT
I feel like everyone and their mom thinks that scene was dumb, tbh. Which makes sense, because it was.

Tftnt as well.
S T A R D U S T
Closed Thread   Post New Thread