Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't got that impression. I just get the impression she enjoys baiting them.

I wouldn't put it past her, but I don't want them to bring up fertility issues on this show after seeing how well they handled depression, bulimia etc.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I also don't understand how Emily/Alison fans think Emison is endgame/happening when Alison's married to someone else right now. Some people think some sort of romance is happening in the finale. I would freaken hope not since that's called cheating, Rollins possibly bad or not.

Yes, I don't really get it. Emison is not a core couple. I wouldn't even call Paily one and I'm an Emily/Paige fan. Paige hasn't been around in a long while and she's not treated in the same way as Caleb/Toby/Ezra.

If Alison and Emily suddenly became a couple I would always question Alison's motives since she's never acted genuine with Emily
To be fair I always had the feeling they didn't quite know what to do of Emily. It's like she really loved Paige but she was also written in a way where she stayed consistently in love with Ali. At one point Mrs D had some lines that really made you think Emison would happen. So I'm under the impression that they're juggling with Paige and Alison until they decide whom Emily will end up with, doctor or not.
Still, I wouldn't want poor Emily paired with a girl that bullied her for her sexuality, played with her, disappeared on her and lied to her. At least Paige started out as problematic but was redeemed.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The writers messed up. I don't think there was ever any intention to put Emily and Alison together, and there shouldn't have been because that was never the point of the relationship. Emily's 'love' for Alison was always meant to be seen as extremely unhealthy and one-sided, she never gets over her because even when she wasn't there, Alison was still manipulating her. The writers brought her back and tried to make it edgier by making people think that Alison was into her, people decided they liked it and now they keep baiting them.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-12-2016, 06:58 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the tweets.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Paige was the best option for Emily, along with Samara (not a real option, but she was sweet and I liked her). I hope they are endgame.

icon

Nidz. Spencer/Toby | Bellamy/Clarke | Sara/Snart | Magnus/Alec
Old 03-13-2016, 03:12 AM
Master Fan

I liked the latina girl from the Brew too. Can't remember her name for the life of me and sure she forgot to mention she was married to a man but she did say she decided to get a divorce. She and Emily had a good vibe together.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm legit scared of the finale.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Tfnt!
Old 03-13-2016, 06:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

im back. did you miss me?
Old 03-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did they always called the season finales spring finales? Or is this a Freeform thing?
Old 03-13-2016, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They've done it before

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-13-2016, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
The writers messed up. I don't think there was ever any intention to put Emily and Alison together, and there shouldn't have been because that was never the point of the relationship. Emily's 'love' for Alison was always meant to be seen as extremely unhealthy and one-sided, she never gets over her because even when she wasn't there, Alison was still manipulating her. The writers brought her back and tried to make it edgier by making people think that Alison was into her, people decided they liked it and now they keep baiting them.
Exactly.

I could never get on board with Emily and Alison. I have yet to see real romantic feelings from Alison for Emily. I'm not even sure I've seen real friendship feelings yet, let alone romantic feelings. There's always a level of manipulation on Alison's end. Even with Emily, I think her feelings were always about her sexuality, being slightly confused over how to handle it, along with crushing on someone who basically controlled her in many ways. I think Alison's manipulation and claiming to care about Emily is what reeled Emily in and made her believe she had the strong feelings for Alison. I also think for years Emily really didn't understand what Alison felt for her and probably to a degree still doesn't understand what her true feelings are. I think that confusion has caused Emily to always be a little hung up on Alison, way more than Emily having true feelings for her. It's almost like Alison is a mystery to her she's still trying to solve.

I liked Samara a lot. It's a shame it didn't last or wasn't revisited. Paige, outside of her being messed up initially due to sexuality/extreme pressure from her dictator father, is great and I think a good match for Emily. Maya was okay overall too.

I'm just glad Emily has remained single in 6B. She needed a break.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-13-2016 at 12:54 PM
Old 03-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Exactly.

I could never get on board with Emily and Alison. I have yet to see real romantic feelings from Alison for Emily. I'm not even sure I've seen real friendship feelings yet, let alone romantic feelings. There's always a level of manipulation on Alison's end. Even with Emily, I think her feelings were always about her sexuality, being slightly confused over how to handle it, along with crushing on someone who basically controlled her in many ways. I think Alison's manipulation and claiming to care about Emily is what reeled Emily in and made her believe she had the strong feelings for Alison. I also think for years Emily really didn't understand what Alison felt for her and probably to a degree still doesn't understand what her true feelings are. I think that confusion has caused Emily to always be a little hung up on Alison, way more than Emily having true feelings for her. It's almost like Alison is a mystery to her she's still trying to solve.

I liked Samara a lot. It's a shame it didn't last or wasn't revisited. Paige, outside of her being messed up initially due to sexuality/extreme pressure from her dictator father, is great and I think a good match for Emily. Maya was okay overall too.

I'm just glad Emily has remained single in 6B. She needed a break.

Emison was completly one sided. I saw more manipulation and taunting from Ali side
Old 03-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Emison was completly one sided. I saw more manipulation and taunting from Ali side
The word "taunting" is so appropriate.

I saw this:

Quote:
I. Marlene King Verified account
‏@imarleneking

I've always wanted to pay homage to @sarabooks twin storyline. And it's also a thrilling twist. @duliar_ #TwinOnPLL
So then why aren't you copying it since you're the creator of a TV series based on her books? LOL

I honestly believe she thinks she has to be different. I don't understand why because seasons 1/2 were good and she stuck to Mona is A. There were tweaks, the main one being Mona lived but it's not a coincidence her series is at its best when she was following the main mystery Sara has in her books.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Milk should have stuck to Sara's mystery she could have changed some details but stick what works
Closed Thread   Post New Thread