Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Pretty Little Liars S&S Thread #105: "Single means no drama, ya'll!" - An actual quote from an actual writer of this show.

Never trust a pretty girl with an ugly secret.
Pretty Little Liars Spoiler Thread #105

BANNER BY SKTWEETY20 (SAM)

Troian Bellisario | Ashley Benson | Lucy Hale | Shay Mitchell
Tyler Blackburn | Ian Harding | Janel Parrish | Sasha Pieterse | Laura Leighton

Next on Pretty Little Liars ...

6.01 - "Game On, Charles" - 06/02/2015 - Season Premiere (Marlene King and Lijah Barasz)

Moments after where the season five finale left off, Aria, Emily, Hanna, Spencer and Mona are trapped outside of Charles’ Dollhouse with nowhere to go and must now deal with an angry tormentor. Just when the Liars thought Charles couldn’t get any worse, his games take a more demented and darker turn. As the girls struggle to survive, the puzzle of Charles’ story begins to come together.

Meanwhile, Ezra, Caleb and Toby continue the fight to find the girls with or without Rosewood P.D.’s help.

Guests: Keegan Allen, Roma Maffia

Promo Photos | Canadian Promo | Australian Promo | Teaser | Sneak Peek #1

episodes

6.02 - "Songs of Innocence" - 06/09/2015 (Joseph Dougherty)

Guests: Jim Abele*, Keegan Allen, Holly Marie Combs*, Dre Davis*, Lesley Fera, Annabeth Gish*, Brandon W. Jones*, Nia Peeples*, Bonnie Root, Travis Winfrey*
* May be only 6.03

6.03 - "Songs of Experience" - 06/16/2015 (Joseph Dougherty)

Guests: Jim Abele*, Keegan Allen, Holly Marie Combs*, Dre Davis*, Lesley Fera, Annabeth Gish*, Brandon W. Jones*, Nia Peeples*, Travis Winfrey*

* May be only 6.02

6.04 - "Don't Look Now" - 06/23/2015 (Jonell Lennon)

Guests: Jim Abele, Dre Davis, Chad Lowe, Titus Makin jr, Andrea Parker, Nia Peeples, Drew Van Acker, Lulu Brud Zsebe

6.05 - "She's No Angel" - 06/30/2015 (Oliver Goldstick and Maya Goldsmith)

Guests: Keegan Allen*, Dre Davis*, Elizabeth McLaughlin*, Travis Winfrey*

* May be only 6.06

6.06 - TBD - 07/14/2015 (Oliver Goldstick and Maya Goldsmith)

Guests: Keegan Allen*, Dre Davis*, Elizabeth McLaughlin*, Travis Winfrey*

* May be only 6.05

6.07 - TBD - 07/21/2015 (Lijah Barasz)

6.08 - TBD - 07/28/2015 (Bryan Holdman)

6.09 - TBD - 08/04/2015 (Oliver Goldstick)

6.10 - "Game Over, Charles" - 08/11/2015 - Mid-season finale (Marlene King)

characters

"A"/the mysteries A is a character we've already met "in theory and reality. I'm referring to a singular A ... Everyone is a possible A team member on this show."[source] | "My favorite character is A and you'll understand why when A is revealed, and A's motivation for being A is revealed." [source] | "Everyone who loves the show for what it is will have their mind blown when A is revealed" [source] | There will most likely be an A reveal in 6A [source] | "[Marlene's] desire right now is to not run the concept of "A" all the way to the end of the series." [source] | “If you go all the way back to season one… and you really pay attention to every clue, you can figure it out,” [source] | “It all makes total sense.” [source] | "The who is important, but the why and the how are also important." [source] | "The motivation of this "A" has excited me as much as the identity and having these last 10 episodes to find out about the why—it's important. We've been so invested for so long in the who that it's time to start asking 'why?'" [source] | "This person is not a stranger to Rosewood in any way, shape or form. I think it’s safe to say that, like the Liars themselves, this person’s history in Rosewood goes back before the beginning in the series." [source] | "It’s a fair assumption [that Charles is Jason's twin], but don’t go to Vegas and bet on that. I would hold out, because answers are going to come." [source]

Spencer

Emily

Hanna

Aria

Alison "Ali's used to being in control, so when you strip away all of the things that work for her, I think you're going to get down to the core of who she really is, which may not be pleasant — or may be, surprisingly. She may come out of the slammer a better person — we'll just have to see." [source] | "All the information that I have about Alison now is that she is telling the truth, she just wants this whole nightmare to be over and she knows that it's far from that. And I think also that she's worried about the girls, whether they consider her a friend or not or whether they're willing to start over with her. She still cares about them." [source] | While “A” may have won this round, don’t count Alison a victim just yet. “This is not a girl that goes down without fighting. It’s Alison. She may be emotionally hobbled for the moment, but she doesn’t go down without a fight.” [source]

Mona "She had been planning her death, and A got the best of her. The fight was real, and I believe that I was drugged, which is why my eyes were open when I was thrown into the back of the car." [source]

Paige "Not right off the bat in Season 6, but I will say that you will see Paige," says King. "I don't want to give away the story -- she's not in the first couple episodes, I'll say." [source]

Toby "This is somebody that got into the force to find answers about something and now he’s burdened with the reality of all these crimes and all these things, and his superior is getting involved." [source]

Caleb

Ezra

Jenna

Melissa

Lucas "He plays a very important part of the story." [source]

Jason "Yes, you will indeed [see Jason]. It’s a very powerful story, actually." [source]

Noel

CeCe "I think CeCe's good! I just think she's really messed up, like, really weird." [source]

Mike "You will see him again, but not right away" [source]

Holbrook

Tanner "She might retire. This might be the end of Tanner. She might start selling wind chimes in New Mexico after this case." [source

Lesli "Everybody should have the red flag up on Lesli," [source] | “She’s coming back in season 6. She’s a very important character, you’ll see ultimately. She’s pivotal.” [source]

Andrew "Andrew is definitely somebody who we have to question and wonder if he is [one of] the town’s little liars." [source] | "His involvement is deeper than you think — I should say, his connection to what's happened to the girls, what they've been going through, is much deeper than you think." source] | "There are some elements to Andrew that are really going to surprise you." [source]

relationships

Emily & Paige "For the Paige and Emily fans, I would say to hold tight. Nothing's ever said and done." [source] | "Paily has an emotional, hard-won kind of love, and it’s not something either girl will just get over and forget about." [source] | "I'm going to do what I can do to keep that relationship on the books. But I think what we're going to do is just give that relationship a rest for a while. " [source]

Hanna & Caleb

Spencer & Toby “Here’s the thing, he’s in a very awkward, but interesting, position. Because he clearly has the most insight. Spencer has somebody in love with her who’s on the inside of the police department. Anything [the cops] have against these girls, he knows first what’s going on. So his insight is precious and will definitely affect the outcome of their indictment.” [source] | Following Toby and Spencer’s recent reunion, King says the fan-favorite couple is “safe… for now,” though she’s quick to note that “nobody’s ever really safe on this show.” [source]

Aria & Ezra Don’t expect Ezria to reunite any time soon: "Some of our older, more mature viewers [agreed] that if you’re ever going to succeed you’ve gotta take a break and come at this relationship again post-college, or at least after Aria has a chance to go experience young adult life. The younger fans were really upset about it. It was a group divided. But we really still feel strongly about that creative choice and that it’s important. If Ezria does ultimately get back together, it will be because of this decision." [source] | "I would say it’s complicated. Just when you think it’s over, a huge event like this can create a seismic shift, and you have to look at this person again and think, “Should we go our separate ways, or is the universe telling us we need to be together?” The universe sends them some messages that are really mixed." [source]

Emily & Alison ""We have left emison extremely fractured, so if there's hope for them, it's going to require a lot of work." [source] | "Emily really doesn't know who the girl was who she had the crush on. Emily is least like the girl Ali left behind. She's changed the most, but there's still a lot of nostalgia there. We shall see." [source] | "The relationship might be different than any time we've seen them before, but we will be seeing a lot more of Alison and Emily coming up." [source] | "As for Ali, she’s still an enigma. While we want to believe that her feelings for Emily are real, she’s a master manipulator, and that’s not something we take lightly." [source]

Mona & Mike "I really hope that there is a rekindled romance between the two of them." [source]

friendships

The Liars “I think that the case Tanner had built will make so much sense. As we continue to move along, you’ll know that these girls have incriminated themselves in ways that are really hard to get out of. It’s very sticky.” [source] | "The case against these girls gets more and more complicated, especially when we come back in the beginning of next season.” [source] | "Between the inside and the outside, they’re not going down without a fight." [source] | "The Liars WILL manage to escape Charles’ dollhouse sooner than you think. However, this nightmarish experience will leave them traumatized." [source] | "We’ve had the writing on the wall — literally, on the board of our writers room — as to where these girls are going to end up [after the time jump]. But we’re surprising ourselves, too. There are some juicy developments that we didn’t expect, which I think the audience is going to love." [source] | "Not just the families, but the school — everybody — will have to look at these girls differently. All of the crying wolf and strange, erratic behavior starts to make a lot of sense. So they’re thrown a big pass because of this now; there’s reason to believe these girls have been lying for a legitimate reason, out of fear and self-preservation. But that doesn’t mean they’re suddenly going to start sharing everything with mommy and daddy. There are still things you can’t tell them, as we all know." [source]

Caleb & Lucas "I definitely see them continuing that friendship." [source]

Caleb & Toby & Ezra “You will see the friendships that Caleb had with Ezra and Toby be strengthened [and] solidified by the girls’ plight. You get to see these guys work as a team. You know, the girls have worked as a team for how many years and you’ve only seen the guys [do the same] a couple of times. Some rare instances where the guys have sort of joined forces to combat “A”. In this case, you’ve got solidarity.” [source]

Spencer & Caleb

families

DiLaurentis "You’re going to get a better understanding of why Ali grew up to be the person she grew up to be, why Jason is the man he is now… People thought the Hastings’ house was full of machinations, but I think what was going on down the lane might have actually been more severe." [source]

Fields

Hastings "I don’t think there was anything content wise in terms of what Veronica shared with Melissa. She was updating what’s been going on with the arrest and all that stuff. At this point, though, I don’t think you can clear anything off the clue board." [source]

Marin

Montgomery

Vanderwaal

general

"I think all the [Liars] have secrets that we may not have found out yet." [source]

"There is DEFINITELY a plan. I think it might contradict for a little while, but usually we explain in a way. We try very hard to keep things non-contradictory in the long term. We include a lot of red herrings deliberately, but we try to tie up all the loose ends before we move on to another subplot. I did not plan on dragging it out as long as possible. There is an end in sight. And we will hopefully announce what season that will be soon." [source]

"Rosewood High will end. We have an actual plan on how to do this [for season six]." [source]

"Wait for it. You're not going to see Courtney, but you may see double of someone." [source]

The entire summer season [6A] takes place over three weeks. [source]

There will be a four year time jump at the end of 6A. [source]

One of the liars might be married post-time jump [source]

Everyone who’s in that bunker [the dollhouse] right now is important to Season 6. [source]

There will be another missing girl in 6A. [source]

"It's going to get dark." [source]

casting*
returning
Annabeth Gish as Dr. Anne Sullivan
Jim Titus as Officer Barry Maple
Elizabeth McLaughlin as Lesli Stone
Rumer Willis as Zoe

new
Dre Davis as Kimberly Brown (possibly Bethany Young) [source]
Titus Makin jr as Lorenzo [source]
Lulu Brud Zsebe as Sabrina [source]
Travis Winfrey as Unknown [source]
Maddie Ziegler as Unknown [source], [source]
Bonnie Root as Unknown [source]
Unknown as Lorraine Stone [source]
Unknown as Emily's 4528758th friend called Zoe. [source]

*All Unknowns are probably called Zoe.

Leigh Tumblr

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 05-08-2015 at 02:25 PM
Old 04-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tftnt
Old 04-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Perfect title. Thanks for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirror (View Post)
Yeah, Hanna and Mike get married in the last book when they think Hanna is going to be going to jail for Ali's murder. And Kate actually helps to plan it. I think Aria actually has a brief marriage that gets annulled before that, though.
Thanks! Interesting that Kate and Hanna seem closer in the books. Did they have a rivalry earlier or were they always okay with each other?
Old 04-14-2015, 03:19 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, Hanna and Mike get married in the last book when they think Hanna is going to be going to jail for Ali's murder. And Kate actually helps to plan it. I think Aria actually has a brief marriage that gets annulled before that, though.

Thanks! Interesting that Kate and Hanna seem closer in the books. Did they have a rivalry earlier or were they always okay with each other?
At first they hated each other. The end of the original series saw Kate become the queen bee and tormenting Hanna, and the returned Ali won over Hanna by helping her take Kate and her friends down a few pegs.

When the series continued, Kate and Hanna decided too bury the hatchet. Kate was appalled when her mother tried to get Tom to write off Hanna, and she showed up in court to support Hanna when the liars were accused of killing Tabitha and later Ali, even though Tom was staying away. And when Hanna was planning her wedding Emily was presumed dead, Aria was on the run, and Spencer and Hanna were fighting with each other, so Kate stepped in to help Hanna with everything.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
At first they hated each other. The end of the original series saw Kate become the queen bee and tormenting Hanna, and the returned Ali won over Hanna by helping her take Kate and her friends down a few pegs.

When the series continued, Kate and Hanna decided too bury the hatchet. Kate was appalled when her mother tried to get Tom to write off Hanna, and she showed up in court to support Hanna when the liars were accused of killing Tabitha and later Ali, even though Tom was staying away. And when Hanna was planning her wedding Emily was presumed dead, Aria was on the run, and Spencer and Hanna were fighting with each other, so Kate stepped in to help Hanna with everything.
Thanks for this! Wow, interesting how it went down. Did you like the book series? Which series do you prefer? Book or TV?
Old 04-14-2015, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-15-2015, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Thanks for the new one.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great tiltel and it speaks for the PLL writers itself!
Old 04-15-2015, 07:22 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Big A
‏@PLLbigA
Hmm they say she's playing a tomboy named Kimberly... But why is she wearing the yellow shirt covered in dirt?

bethany??
Old 04-15-2015, 09:42 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki (View Post)
Big A
‏@PLLbigA
Hmm they say she's playing a tomboy named Kimberly... But why is she wearing the yellow shirt covered in dirt?

bethany??
Thanks, it would make sense if it was her.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki (View Post)
Big A
‏@PLLbigA
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCmpeaRW8AER8SP.jpg

bethany??
Has to be Bethany I wonder if she was cast a while ago and the voice we heard was actually hers

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-15-2015, 01:35 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Thanks for this! Wow, interesting how it went down. Did you like the book series? Which series do you prefer? Book or TV?
Both series have their own strengths. The friendship between the girls is better in the tv series. That said, there are some good moments in the books, like in the last book when Hanna orders bridesmaids stuff for the girls even though she doesn't think any of them will be at the wedding, with Emily dead, Aria on the run, and Spencer not talking to her.

Book Ali is a very fun villain to hate. Seeing her get dragged kicking and screaming to the institution after killing her sister is quite enjoyable. And while I know some people didn't like the ending of the series, "Alison let out a wail and scurried as quickly as she could" ranks as one of the most satisfying things I've ever read. I really hope we get to see that in the show.

One final note about Alison and Hanna working against Kate. Its an important part of the story because Kate's cronies are Alison's friends from before the switch. Hanna asks Alison why she ditched them and formed a new group with the girls, and Ali claims that they betrayed. Then after Kate and the others are taken down, one of the girls confronts Hanna. When Hanna throws the betrayal of Alison in her face, the girl responds that Ali was crazy and just ditched them for no reason. Not long after that, Hanna finds out why.

And speaking of the books, while I'm not sure what I think about the time jump, some of the girls stories from the later part of the series would make more sense with the jump. Hanna starring as herself in a movie based on their ordeal, Spencer publishing a book, and Aria becoming an artist, for example.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

june 2nd is the premiere.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Has to be Bethany I wonder if she was cast a while ago and the voice we heard was actually hers
I'm so confused by this. How could she be Bethany if they've said she's named Kimberly? And why do they have this girl in that awful wig? Ha. Like that's so bad. So if she is Bethany that means we aren't actually going to see her either, right? It would have to be flashbacks an the way she was described made it seem like she was going to be in therapy or something.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread