Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2015, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

This finale was such a bomb. I feel like I can only appreciate the technical aspects (set design, costume, music) for this show because I certainly can't appreciate the writing of the show anymore.

I don't want some random new character named Charles...I wanted some huge emotional payoff. I didn't want some random prom....I'd rather have them at a real prom. And as much as I love her, the retcon of Mona being alive takes away from the last honestly good episode they did. It's just so much UGH. And Andrew's a pathetic red herring. I feel like this whole block of eps has been a waste. Was 5A a really good dream? Is this the reality of the rest of the season? Just....no.

icon
Old 03-25-2015, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Popping up here just to say that while I enjoyed watching the finale I'm hugely disappointed about getting no payoff whatsoever. Just another name in the mix.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
I don't want some random new character named Charles...I wanted some huge emotional payoff. I didn't want some random prom....I'd rather have them at a real prom. And as much as I love her, the retcon of Mona being alive takes away from the last honestly good episode they did. It's just so much UGH. And Andrew's a pathetic red herring. I feel like this whole block of eps has been a waste. Was 5A a really good dream? Is this the reality of the rest of the season? Just....no.
Mte.

Quote:
Maybe Alison has a twin as well lol. Or Charles wanted to be Ali so bad he started wearing her dresses, acting like her, etc. hence the two dresses Jessica got and it would also explain Ali's dad being mad cause Jessica would only enhance his obsession by doing this. And maybe that's the reason they put him in Radley
Two sets of twins, both of them simultaneously fighting over the Liars and protecting them. The idea of Charles pulling a Psycho is hilarious to me.

Quote:
But I read Marlene's tweets PLL posted on Facebook and it really makes sense .
I read MK's tweets too and honestly it really doesn't solidify anything to me.
S T A R D U S T
Old 03-25-2015, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Two sets of twins, both of them simultaneously fighting over the Liars and protecting them.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

If Charles is Jason's twin and spent practically his whole life in Radley, how on earth did he manage to become this great tech/hacker/computer guy? He wouldn't have been able to get his hands on all that technology to learn and practise!

Because let's face it, A is more than good at hacking and all that stuff. Even better than Mona and Caleb. Okay, I know this show isn't famous for its logic but come on, explain that one to me.

So, unless Charles is a convenient A, the one to take the blame in case the real Uber A is unmasked... meaning there's a Big A and an Uber A.

Maybe Jason and Charles are working together. Charles could be targeting the girls because he believes they killed Bethany that night (unless it's Jason who convinced his brother that the girls killed Bethany but they can't prove it or can't prove which one of the girls did it), and Jason could be targeting Alison, because they sure didn't seem to like each other. Who knows what went wrong between those two, while growing up? Maybe Jason hated that Charles got sent away because of Alison, leading to him starting to hate his sister? And with Alison being a bitch while growing up, this hatred of Jason grew and grew and grew... especially when he learned that he had been cut off from his grandmother's will, and that it was a plot by Alison to get her hands on HIS money.

That would be the only way for me to feel for Charles. Spent his whole life in Radley, missing his family. Maybe sent there because of an accident, not a villain act? Made a real friend, Bethany. She got killed. Then he escapes and his twin brother uses him to do his dirty work (the vids, stalking, threatening the girls) and Charles doesn't realise it and doesn't realise he is being framed for everything (the murders committed by Jason?). Who would believe him innocent? He spent his whole life in Radley, after all.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?

Last edited by xmag; 03-25-2015 at 08:08 AM
Old 03-25-2015, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I thought Troian was absolutely amazing in this one, as was Janel. Their acting was phenomenal. When Mona was wearing that mask playing the piano I was freaked out. When Mona "obeyed" with the gas mask, asking so sweetly if she should put it on I got goosebumps. Troian was so good when she discovered As lair and the videos/pictures. Her face as Spencer said it all, realizing twins existed and then as she felt A creeping up next to her.

Excellent stuff! My mind is still a bit freaked out over what was on the screen last night. We can poke holes in plots or storylines or whatever but ignoring all that and just witnessing some of the scenes and the acting was top notch.

Oh and for comic relief, leave it to amazing Hanna to not remotely give a s$it where she was or what was going on. "Bite me" and her casually eating was outstanding.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I thought Troian was absolutely amazing in this one, as was Janel. Their acting was phenomenal. When Mona was wearing that mask playing the piano I was freaked out. When Mona "obeyed" with the gas mask, asking so sweetly if she should put it on I got goosebumps. Troian was so good when she discovered As lair and the videos/pictures. Her face as Spencer said it all, realizing twins existed and then as she felt A creeping up next to her.

Excellent stuff! My mind is still a bit freaked out over what was on the screen last night. We can poke holes in plots or storylines or whatever but ignoring all that and just witnessing some of the scenes and the acting was top notch.

Oh and for comic relief, leave it to amazing Hanna to not remotely give a s$it where she was or what was going on. "Bite me" and her casually eating was outstanding.
Yeah, it was amazing acting wise!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Yeah, it was amazing acting wise!
It really was. Blew me away at times. It was most excellent.

I also loved when they were being taken to the Dollhouse when they all sort of had a group hug sort of thing while sitting there. You FELT the love the four of them had for each other. I don't care how cheesy it might have appeared, that's really the main point to this entire series, the love and dedication these four girls have for each other. I absolutely loved that scene.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
If Charles is Jason's twin and spent practically his whole life in Radley, how on earth did he manage to become this great tech/hacker/computer guy? He wouldn't have been able to get his hands on all that technology to learn and practise!

Because let's face it, A is more than good at hacking and all that stuff. Even better than Mona and Caleb. Okay, I know this show isn't famous for its logic but come on, explain that one to me.

So, unless Charles is a convenient A, the one to take the blame in case the real Uber A is unmasked... meaning there's a Big A and an Uber A.

Maybe Jason and Charles are working together. Charles could be targeting the girls because he believes they killed Bethany that night (unless it's Jason who convinced his brother that the girls killed Bethany but they can't prove it or can't prove which one of the girls did it), and Jason could be targeting Alison, because they sure didn't seem to like each other. Who knows what went wrong between those two, while growing up? Maybe Jason hated that Charles got sent away because of Alison, leading to him starting to hate his sister? And with Alison being a bitch while growing up, this hatred of Jason grew and grew and grew... especially when he learned that he had been cut off from his grandmother's will, and that it was a plot by Alison to get her hands on HIS money.
But wouldn't it be like too many As? I am not as devoted to he show as you guys are maybe that's because this Charles thing seems okay to me . I have nothing against A being someone we have barely seen. I seriously wouldn't want the show to be a repetitive of the books really, if I wanted to read books I would have. If there was Courtney and Ali was A what would the surprise be and what would be the point of watching the show? You could have just read books. I like the idea of Jason having a twin and it being Charles. If that person in last episode wasn't really A I would find it hugely dissapointing. But I see I am in minority around here lol.

"I've got one more chance to prove to you & everybody else...they bet wrong."- Wade Kinsella
Old 03-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

I'm not caught up with the show but after watching the last few eps randomly I just have a question; before hanna got arrested from the plea bargain, why is it so hard for her to forgive Alison's bullying when she forgave psycho Mona FFS? Just wondering if I missed something, I don't know the whole story but it just looked ridiculous to me.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:30 AM
Loyal Fan

I also don't know how Ali could be A at this point? Why would she put herself in jail? So that she could watch the Liars go down? Wouldn't she want to make the Liars her dolls and make them play herself instead of just ordering one of her helpers to do so? It's literally like she would have no fun doing so. We know A cab everything, she could have easily bribed prison guards and watch the liars herself by either using cameras or dressing up and pretending to be someone else, A's done that a lot. I just see no reason why she would want herself to end up in jail. If Ali was A she would have been at the dollhouse, that was real fun for A . It just doesn't add up for me. Why would Ali go after the girls anyways? She had them wrapped around her finger. You may say she's just a crazy psychopath but so can be Charles. And we don't really know if he's met the girls or not . He could have and they might have unknowingly done something to him. He may also be plain crazy or so obsessed with his sister that upon seeing her manipulate the Liars he would want to do it himself? There are tons of possibilities that could work. I just hope they give us answears and manage to pull it out.

"I've got one more chance to prove to you & everybody else...they bet wrong."- Wade Kinsella
Old 03-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
why is it so hard for her to forgive Alison's bullying when she forgave psycho Mona FFS?
Because as far as the liars are concerned Mona was sick when she did what she did, Alison was bullying her (and everyone else) because she thought it was funny.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-25-2015, 09:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh PLEASE let there be someone else here that noticed Charles "disappeared" when Mona walked in and announced A had soul.

Anyway, at least the next two episodes are supposed to clear up this Charles bullshtt that never even existed. I can't believe how many people believe Marlene's forced-give-them-an-answer video. Of course I'm believing her too I guess, when she says the 601 and 602 episode titles are "Game On Charles," (X) and "Game Over Charles" (X). This effing "CHARLES" crap means Mona's back to catatonia (or death) by 603. I'm sorta hoping they pick up in 225 with Hanna crying about Mona being her friend. It would be nice to think Mona's life wasn't all fake. But regardless, 602 ending ought to be truly mindblowing ...if only the actors looked younger.

Yes: Ali's still A. She just hasn't come back to Rosewood yet and let the girls know A didn't go away with Mona. (Ali fans: yay, that means she's not really in prison!) (Yet.) Wilkommen ...to book 5. THAT ought to set a better pace, at least, with only 7 episodes left to kick off the story in 6A with shocker Ali is alive reveal in 610. (Didn't Marlene say she needed only 12? Good: not much room for filler left except the fun stuff.)

Love the episode title, btw, and TFTNT.

Brace yourselves: Charles Twin Theories Are Coming

Her mom killed his wife. He needs another.

Walder / Sansa
Old 03-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
when she says the 601 and 602 episode titles are "Game On Charles," (X) and "Game Over Charles" (X).
People on twitter are saying that's 601 and 610

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-25-2015, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm not caught up with the show but after watching the last few eps randomly I just have a question; before hanna got arrested from the plea bargain, why is it so hard for her to forgive Alison's bullying when she forgave psycho Mona FFS? Just wondering if I missed something, I don't know the whole story but it just looked ridiculous to me.
Mona was mentally ill. She ended up in Radley all mentally disturbed and couldn't even move or think clearly for a while. Hanna even ended up feeling guilty over what happened to Mona.

It also took a long while for the Liars to fully trust Mona and get over what happened when she was A. It certainly wasn't an overnight forgiveness. It took a long while, even for Hanna.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread